Thread: 2002 Takao Spiderman questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post 2002 Takao Spiderman questions

New to forum - hope somebody out there can help!
    Have a 2002 Spiderman machine - most everything work, as far as I can tell.

However, the lights on the outside of the machine don't appear to work.

According to the information I received with the machine, the lights should have come on each time a ball is "shot" and also when it enters bonus mode - mine don't. checked to ensure they were plugged in and they were.

Then, took the whole light bar off, thinking maybe lights were burned out - there are actually 3 boards with 12 bulbs total.

None appeared burned out, so I'm at a loss where to turn next.

Since all the functions appear to work on the playfield, along with the lights there, and since NONE of the lights on the lightbar come on either when a ball is shot or when the game goes into bonus mode, it would seem to be prior to the plug, but I'm no expert.

Also, there is obviously error codes for the machine - saw them listed on the back in Japanese.

0 is obviously "normal - good to go" and 1 is that the payout tray is empty or there is a jam (found that out while playing around with it and verified it in an old post here), but what are 2, 3, 4 and 5?

While I haven't experienced them, it would be nice to know what they are should they show up.

Also, I've got a "RAM" button by the on/off switch, which I presume "resets" the machine - from other posts, I presume holding it for 10 seconds or so is the procedure.

I also have one on the board to the right of that, with the "condition/error code" - is this to reset just the error code? Biggest issue is obviously the lights - appreciate any and all suggestions!!!
    Last edited by Sid; 09-02-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: edited to make more readable

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2002 Takao Spiderman questions

If you can, post some pics and that will help us all help you.

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, haven't taken pictures yet,
    but have done some research, and had a Japanese friend translate the codes - essentially,

the 6 "error" codes are:
    0 - normal,
    1 - reward tray empty,
    2 - overflow tray full,
    3 - reward tray feeder tube jammed,
    4 - reward tray empty, and
    5 - jammed loan tube. Interestingly,

there are 3 chutes that feed from the reward tray.

The first two are for the normal reward payouts - if either of these run empty, you get error code 1 and the light on in the front.
    If the overflow tray backs up, you get error code 2.
    If the feed tube mechanism has balls in it,
    but rewards aren't being played (presumably by a jam - I simulated this and proved it), you get error code 3.

Error code 4 is interesting - it's the 3rd chute in the reward tray feed mechanism, and similar to the first two, if it runs empty, you get the code.

This will really never happen, as the balls from here feed into the "loan" mechanism, which was used at the Pachinko parlor and presumably is hooked to the couple buttons on the front.

Anyway, since this has been disabled, no balls will feed, thus, it should never run empty.

Error code five is similar - it would require a jam in the loan feed tubes, which, as before, won't happen.

The only really good info I got from the rest of the Japanese on the back is on the RAM clear button - you have to hold it down and THEN turn the machine on.

So, back to my original post - lights do come on, but so far, only when I do the RAM clear and go off after a little while (but, it proves they aren't burned out) - not sure why they don't come on any other time.

I've also figured out that I think I've got another problem - I have a target that the ball passes through,
    but when that occurs, nothing happens.

There are 4 lower targets that all pay out when you hit them.

This one doesn't "eat" the ball, it just passes through.

At first, I thought it was the sensor, but I proved that wrong by switching it with one of the other 4 - it worked, and the known good one didn't in it's place.

I then switched the plugs on the board and verified that the wire and connectors where also good
    - worked when hooked up to other target connectors.

I then also noticed that there was a little wide door underneath the main target that has never opened
    - my guess is that it might be the target that currently does nothing.

behind the door is a mechanism that should move back and forth, and has two additional targets/sensors
    - tested these and they both pay out.

So, this gets me to my next question - anybody out there have a 2002 Spiderman machine, and if so, what triggers the little door to open, and what happens on your maching when you hit the pass through target on the upper left of the playfield?

There are two electromagnet devices that open the door and move the mechanism back and forth,
    but without knowing what triggers them, I don't know if they might be faulty.

I'd like to replicate the action required to open the door and have the mechanism behind the door move back and forth to test the electromagnets.

I also want to know if a light is supposed to come on when you shoot a ball - the small generic instruction book I received with the machine said there was a ball shooting light on the front - mine doesn't - I'd like to know if it's supposed to.

I don't know how similar the machine is to others (my guess is that it's basically the same as a number of those from the 2002 period, and just the theme is different, so somebody out there may be able to answer the ball shooting light question and the target and little door question.

Thanks in advance for anybody's help!!!
    Last edited by Sid; 09-02-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: edited to make more readable

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have this machine, but going by what happens on most modern pachinko machines, it sounds to me that you haven't played the machine for long enough to get a 'Fever' round. This is triggered when the three symbols on the LCD screen match. You will then see the door open, and most likely get the full light show you've been waiting for.

BTW, the ball loan system isn't actually 'disabled' on home machines, it's just the electronics needed for this to work are contained in the ball loan units that sit beside the machines in the Japanese pachinko parlours. If you would like this functionality on your home pachinko machine, I produce a 'Card Reader Emulator' unit, which connects to the back of the pachinko machine and simulates the operation of the ball loan unit. I have these for sale on my website, and also on the PachiTalk auction site.

The pass through pocket on the left triggers a 'sub-roulette', this will alternate a couple of symbols which are either LEDs on the playfield or on the LCD display (often these symbols are X and O, but may be changed to something more appropriate for the games theme). They will flash for a few seconds, and if they end on the correct symbol the two 'claws' below the start pocket will open for a short time to make it easier to get balls into the pocket.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wink Re: 2002 Takao Spiderman questions

You MUST have a DAVEROB DONGLE
    Ask anyone!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, It is a MUST!!!

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

9. The following user says "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A modern machine without a Dongle is just a shame.. a crying shame

Daverob Dongles are the next best thing to sliced Bread
    Last edited by compirate; 09-02-2010 at 10:35 PM.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. I'm a fng and didn't know you could get a Pachinko without a dongle. I guess my seniority is rising.

Dongle it, if it isn't already. Follow the daverob sites.
    Hop

I feel the need... the need for... umm... Pachinko?!?!?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to mdothop