Thread: Gaku counter case

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Gaku counter case

I was wanting to make a simple/low cost case for the Gaku counter. Something that was fairly easy to build, with some basic woodworking skills, and you could change the artwork easily. The case I came up with requires (1- 4 foot 1x4), (1- 4 foot- 1/4"x 1" trim molding) and (2 pieces of Plexiglas 3 1/2"x11 1/4"). I had all the materials already, but if you were to purchase them, using pine, would be around $10. The artwork is "sandwiched" between two pieces of Plexiglas and slides out of the case. A hole is drilled in the top for the reset button. This is what it looks like, minus final finish. Paint or stain. For anyone who is interested in one similar, I'll show how it was made.
    040.jpg041.jpg042.jpg

002.jpg The overall measurements are 12" long, 5" tall and 2 3/4" wide. The center board, (that fits inside the frame pieces), measures 3 1/2"x 10 1/2". The frame pieces measurements are 12"x 2 1/2",(for the top and bottom), and the side pieces measure 5"x2 1/2". The trim pieces are cut to the same lengths as the frame pieces. The Plexiglas is cut to 11 1/4" long x 3 3/8" wide.

Once you cut all the pieces, one side piece needs to be cut to a thinner width. The thickness of your two pieces of Plexiglas needs to be cut off the width.
    001.jpg

The center faceplate piece needs cut out for the counter to fit into. Take your counter and center it up on the faceplate and trace around it. You will need to leave the corners so the counter has something to mount to. 003.jpg004.jpg The counter measures 3/8" thick. 034.jpg You want the counter to be flush with the top surface of the faceplate. So, the corners need to be router out 3/8" deep. 009.jpg You can test fit the counter and using a straight edge the counter should be flush with the top surface of the faceplate.

No more room for pictures in this post. So, I'll continue in another post.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo