Thread: Super Stadium from Monkey-Paradise

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Super Stadium from Monkey-Paradise

Just got my Super Stadium (Sankyo Super Stadium (soccer) theme) from Monkey-Paradise. Bought it via eBay. Overall, I'm VERY PLEASED with both the transaction and the machine.

The price was fair and the shipping charges were reasonable. The seller shipped the machine quikly after the order was complete. It arrived in a big cardboard box wrapped in bubble wrap. The packing was decent. Adequate but not exceptional. If the driver had been rough with the package, the machine could have been damaged. My machine was not damaged in any way when I got it. ALL the lights worked perfectly with no blown bulbs. The amplifier board had come loose in transit and was hanging by a cable. The mounts weren't broken or anything and I was able to snap the board back into place without problem. The machine was a little dirty. Well, dusty mostly. 5 minutes with a damp rag took care of that. Besides, it gave me a chance to look closely at the different sections of the machine while cleaning so I didn't mind. The handle is a bit yellowed. Possibly came from a smoking parlor. Although there were no cigarette burns that you often see. I don't fault the seller for the (lightly) yellow handle. After all these are USED machines.

There were three pages of generic instructions with the machine. The last two pages showed pictures of a vintage Nishigin machine! Totally not related to the modern machines. Since I'm already familiar with the newer machines, it was not a problem. But a newbie getting his first machine would look at the pages and say "WTF?".

The machine powered up first time with no fuss. The lights and sounds are 100% operational. Well, the sound is more like 250% because it's so freakin' loud. (time to buy some L-pad's) The machine is a welcome addition to my ever growing addiction (I mean 'collection').

Again, I would rate this machine and this transaction as VERY GOOD. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Dean

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to deanwaters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Super Stadium from Monkey-Paradise

post some pics!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do all the little reels spin freely? They have a tendency to come dislodged in shipping.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All of the reels spin freely. Played it for about an hour. Got it to go 'fever' one time. No problems. Stuffed cloth in the speaker holes in the door frame until I get around to installing L-pads.

Dean

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deanwaters View Post
    Again, I would rate this machine and this transaction as VERY GOOD. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.Dean
    I would give this machine a 10/10. Can't beat the excitement it builds during gameplay, and the music is great - perhaps even better than Vicky Chance, with both being well beyond any other machine I've experienced. Congrats on a great machine.
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Been thinking about getting a Vicky Chance machine. Seems to cost a little more than SuperStadium. Reason? It doesn't have reels or anything, nor an LCD display. I'm curious as to what that long 'bar' is near the bottom of Vicky Chance. Can you enlighten?
    Thanks
    Dean

(current pachi collection)
    StarWars,IndyJones,LOTR,SuperStadium,FreddyVsJason,MarilynMo nroe,Jaws,JackieChan,007

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While my true love is with the vintage machines I do want one really modern pachinko machine, and being absolutely, foolishly mad for footy/soccer (come on Chelsea!) I've been looking at this machine for awhile. Your descriptions are only reinforcing my want for it!

There's one on eBay that I can have shipped from Canada for about $240, shipping included. Is that a decent price for this machine? It's listed as a "sale" price. I've only dealt with vintage ones up to this point and am not savvy or knowledgeable at all about the modern pachis or their prices. Thanks in advance - cheers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I paid about that price for mine from Canada.
    Ultraman x 2, Super Stadium Soccer, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Ultraman ST, Pachislo and Bally Star Trek Pinball

10. The following user says "Thanks" to John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deanwaters View Post
    I'm curious as to what that long 'bar' is near the bottom of Vicky Chance. Can you enlighten?
    The bar at the bottom is a fake aripachi - a real one would light up one number at a time, but this one only keeps track of the fever levels IIRC (been too long since I fevered this one). Doesn't really matter - it looks cool and plays great. Vicky Chance and Super Stadium are tied for my favorite pachinko - get one while you still can.
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4