Thread: What are your thoughts on this

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What are your thoughts on this

The concept of funneling winnings back to the prize tray during a fever was brought to my attention by one of my customers. It does
    solve the problem of having to fill up the prize tray during a fever round or having to shuffle trays around. I can see how this set up might work well
    with those who only have a a single machine set up at a time and limited space but want all the action of the balls moving around. We are talking about 2 lifters
    one in front and one in back both fill a slightly extended prize tray. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uoe8XLg-X0

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What are your thoughts on this

If you are playing a machine with a limited amount of balls, (not enough balls to get you through multiple fever rounds), then at some point you are going to have to stop playing and move the winning balls from the front to the back.

A ball lifter only keeps you playing if you are losing, that's what it does, moves losing balls. So, if you don't have enough balls, a lifter on the front would work great. Now you have something moving the losing and winning balls.

Another option would be to channel the winning balls to the lifter in the back. I would probably make a cabinet for the machine and design it so I could open the blast gate on the winning ball tray and the balls would flow to the lifter in the back. But, you could probably also design something to set under the winning ball tray, with channels that wrapped around the machine to to lifter.

But, then again, might be easier to just put a lifter in front, to move the winning balls.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As Wayne-Ooo suggested, I modified my TOKIO Premium to send winning balls out the back and go into the cyclone lifter along with the losing balls. I had to modify the cyclone lifter somewhat to accommodate the additional amount of balls that it had to handle, but the mods were relatively easy. So now I can play all day with or without fevers and never have to pause to refill the hopper.

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to kiffland

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So this morning I redid the front plumbing one piece and while checking it out, I got a fever. This was the first time I didn't have to shuffle any balls or trays around during one.
    Fever Video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNG0O19_My4 New Plumbing.jpg

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really nice. Except you don't have any sensation of winning anything, similar to a circulation machine... I keep track of my winning by filling a tub with balls, then pouring the tub in the top when it's full, counting over time how many tubs of balls I've won (I can't actually seem to lose with the machine I have over time, so I'm currently at 24 tubs of winnings since I started keeping track).

As an improvement, I'd add a sensor and counter to your ball lifter output. .

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=Atoombolle;633392]Really nice. Except you don't have any sensation of winning anything, similar to a circulation machine... I keep track of my winning by filling a tub with balls, then pouring the tub in the top when it's full, counting over time how many tubs of balls I've won (I can't actually seem to lose with the machine I have over time, so I'm currently at 24 tubs of winnings since I started keeping track).

As an improvement, I'd add a sensor and counter to your ball lifter output. That's always an option for someone who wants to keep track of that! In a perfect world I would set it all up like a parlor, I haven't the space so this is second best for me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    If you are playing a machine with a limited amount of balls, (not enough balls to get you through multiple fever rounds), then at some point you are going to have to stop playing and move the winning balls from the front to the back.

A ball lifter only keeps you playing if you are losing, that's what it does, moves losing balls. So, if you don't have enough balls, a lifter on the front would work great. Now you have something moving the losing and winning balls.

Another option would be to channel the winning balls to the lifter in the back. I would probably make a cabinet for the machine and design it so I could open the blast gate on the winning ball tray and the balls would flow to the lifter in the back. But, you could probably also design something to set under the winning ball tray, with channels that wrapped around the machine to to lifter.

But, then again, might be easier to just put a lifter in front, to move the winning balls.
    Those are all great points as usual Wayne. Yet another option would be a hybrid of a recycler: Just the one lifter in the front and channel the losing balls back to the front overflow tray internally. The downside being cutting that pathway in your machine that the next guy might not want.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Atoombolle View Post
    Really nice. Except you don't have any sensation of winning anything, similar to a circulation machine... I keep track of my winning by filling a tub with balls, then pouring the tub in the top when it's full, counting over time how many tubs of balls I've won (I can't actually seem to lose with the machine I have over time, so I'm currently at 24 tubs of winnings since I started keeping track).

As an improvement, I'd add a sensor and counter to your ball lifter output. .
    Whipped this together this morning for you Cyclone Counter.jpg Video of it working here https://youtube.com/shorts/Z3qif3fbtB0?feature=share

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice. Saw the video on Facebook earlier today. That's a modification you may have to market . It looks like it fits just about perfectly under the dispenser. Or does the machine need a bit of a lift?

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Atoombolle View Post
    Very nice. Saw the video on Facebook earlier today. That's a modification you may have to market . It looks like it fits just about perfectly under the dispenser. Or does the machine need a bit of a lift?
    Thanks, I may be able to just fit it all in there or worst case I might have to do something like this and extend the front. xxx.jpg
    Last edited by rockston; 03-12-2023 at 01:56 AM.

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Green LED counter just fits. Now I can actually see the numbers! https://youtube.com/shorts/jMstGTdppOA?feature=share
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty cool!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

23. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So how do I get and install one of these on my Rockston ?
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

25. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    So how do I get and install one of these on my Rockston ?
    Thanks for asking TTK. We are still in the early testing stage but I am thinking about it.

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take another thanks from me for encouragement. I'm with Castle, although I'll keep my existing Rockston pristine and will get a second one instead once the counter hits the market

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Green Machine.jpg I hate painting with a passion however I might do one for myself.

31. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rockston