Thread: Sederien's Collected Pachinko Impressions and General Q/A Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sederien's Collected Pachinko Impressions (and General Q/A Thread)

Welcome back! Your help in the past has helped me GREATLY with selections and I am GLAD your back! I have made good ones for me since you have not been around but your insight
    has really made a difference to me and I am truly welcome it! I finally got a PatchQue Next based on how it looked AND your recommendation! I also just got a RAVE Groove Adventure too
    since I like the anime so much!

I am really happy your back and will make reviews! Right off the back I will make a request! The one based on the Queen's Blade anime! The Demo page makes it look kewl but that does NOT mean it is...

CR ???
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

2. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sederien's Collected Pachinko Impressions (and General Q/A Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWLion View Post
    I am really happy your back and will make reviews! Right off the back I will make a request! The one based on the Queen's Blade anime! The Demo page makes it look kewl but that does NOT mean it is...

CR ???
    Glad to be back. ^^

As for that model, I have indeed seen it in palours and had the pleasure of trying the light version out very briefly... but I can't, unfortunately say it left much of an impression because it of the very short time I had with the machine. That having been said, a couple of things to note:

CR Queen's Blade (CR クイーンズブレイド) and CR Battle Vixens (CR 一騎当千SS)

qb_arudora.jpg ikki_ha.jpg

This machine is made by Takao, who has made a -very- similar machine in the past. If you're at all familiar with Battle Vixens,

1. Typical special reach variation is somewhat limited, but the smoothness of regular play and the many many ways to get into each special reach and the variety of characters used within them makes up for it big time.

2. Sound production and graphic quality is top notch on the order of that in the Macross series of pachinkos... but much more chaotic/busy in comparison. These machines are kindly like staring into a kaleidoscope on steroids, but it's a relaxing one rather than a dizzying one.

In short, if that's your focus, either CR Queen's Blade or CR 一騎当千SS (Battle Vixens / Survival Soldier) would be a worthwhile addition to any collection. They're very hypnotic machines. In fact if it wasn't for the theme being that of super sexy schoolgirl battles (which just isn't my thing, I admit), Battle Vixens would easily have made my list of top favorite pachinkos back when it was released in 2010.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn't save you any money on this one!

EDIT: Awww... I just remembered I can never edit my first post in this forum as in most. There goes the idea of putting all the reviews in the first post for easy sorting. Oh well, I'll make a compilation blog or something to track of this in the future. ><
    Last edited by Sederien; 06-03-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Sederien