Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Pachinko Machine web site rework

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My Pachinko Machine web site rework

I am reworking my Pachinko machine web page, if you want me to add a link to your pachinko web page, send me the link. If I have your link on my web page now and you want it removed, let me know.

Vintage Pachinko Machines

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Pachinko Machine web site rework

That's a great site you have going and a nice selection of machines!.

You have one machine listed as a parts machine. Was hoping I could purchase or trade for the lower left decorative metal plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DON'T FEED THE

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great looking site Bill!! Looks like you put alot of time into it!! (something I wish I had)

Keep up the good work!!
    Last edited by Microbus99; 08-09-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doing another update to web site if you would like a link to your web page send me a email with the link. All I ask is you do the same for me.

http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A valuable and much needed site! I look forward to doing business with you! I'm sure other members will be very supportive of your endeavors!
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

10. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't see it, probably some code about the alignment of stuff in the page. What I see is a white page, and the scroller at top of bottom are really really really long, like if the web page have a width and height of 10000000000000000 pixels.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15

There's a quick flash the first time I load it, I can see a bit, but probably web the page is all loaded, something shift the contain really far to the right and bottom, or extend the page size to unknown values.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    I can't see it, probably some code about the alignment of stuff in the page. What I see is a white page, and the scroller at top of bottom are really really really long, like if the web page have a width and height of 10000000000000000 pixels.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.15

There's a quick flash the first time I load it, I can see a bit, but probably web the page is all loaded, something shift the contain really far to the right and bottom, or extend the page size to unknown values.
    Not sure way only Firefox users can't see it.
    I will look in to it.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am also using firefox 3.6.15 and have the same issue
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got this off firefox tech support web page

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...rtain-websites

Firefox cannot load certain websites

If you find that Firefox can load some websites but not others, first clear your Firefox cookies and cache:
    1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the History menu and select Clear Recent History...
      For Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and select Clear Recent History...On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History...At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History...At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History...On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History...
    2. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
    3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
    4. Select both Cookies and Cache.
    5. Click Clear Now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same issue on Firefox 3 and 4 here. Google Chrome (and Chromium the open source version of Google Chrome) loads the page but it's text only and none of the links work.

The W3C validator throws up 814 errors on the home page, so it's likely that the page isn't valid html.

Looking at the page source, it appears to be a MS office XML file, so it's not that surprising that it doesn't work that well on non MS browsers.
    Last edited by daverob; 03-15-2011 at 02:41 PM.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I keep me machine clean and everything else works so it has to be an issue with the page
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Webpage was created with Publisher 2003. I used what I had, I'm not going to buy software to create a webpage. I'm sorry that people with Firefox can't view it, but I have no way of fixing that. Sorry for any inconvenience but the more time I spend working on the webpage is less time I spend on my Pachinkos and I am starting to suffer withdrawel. The webpage can be viewed with Internet Explorer.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can get to the home page w/Safari but no links working or pics available(dumb apple)
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe there's some settings in the software that can be changed to help compatibility. Hopefully someone who knows more about MS Publisher will be along soon with some advice on what works best, or can suggest an alternative free editor that could be used. Unfortunately Publisher 2003 was released right in the middle of IE6's reign, at a time when Microsoft was actively trying to 'extend' internet standards and make the web nearly unusable on competing browsers.

Web browsers have moved on quite a bit from 2003, when you could code up a site that only worked in Internet Explorer 6, and you'd still reach over 90% of the potential users. Nowadays there's a lot more variety in web browsers, and an IE only site will lose you around half of your audience. You can't get Internet Explorer on anything but Windows, so you've instantly lost all of the users of Apple computers (both Macs and iPhone/iPad) or on PCs/Phones running Linux based operating systems (including Android phones/tablets), and many of the remaining Windows users have lost faith in the security of IE, and are now using alternative browsers that better protect them from some of the online threats out there.

When I update my site I always keep to the W3C standards and test it and make sure it works on both Firefox and Chromium which covers Mozilla's rendering engine and the Webkit engine (used by Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari). I also try to make sure it doesn't mess up too badly in IE6, and ask a friend to check it in a more recent version of IE (as I don't have a Windows machine more recent that Win2k). I've also tried it out in Opera (and there are a few things that don't work 100%), but I've never seen an Opera user in the server logs for my site, so I'm not rushing out to investigate/fix them yet.

I'd be interested to know a percentage breakdown of the browsers used on PachiTalk (if that info is easily available from the server logs?). I know there's quite a mix on my own site, with only about 60% using IE/Windows.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post

I'd be interested to know a percentage breakdown of the browsers used on PachiTalk (if that info is easily available from the server logs?). I know there's quite a mix on my own site, with only about 60% using IE/Windows.
    If it's useful to you and you can't obtain the info another way, then you could always start a Thread with a 'poll' to find out which browsers PT members are currently using??

I myself always use Firefox these days, I do still have IE on my laptop but I don't use it, the last time i did was in the process of testing something for PT and it was just too 'clunky' to use,
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cardwwi - PM me if you would like me to test your site against Safari in the future. I also use Firefox on my PC's in the house.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

27. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just recently I was in need of a few vintage pachinko parts and contacted "Bill" @ www.pachinkorestorations.com and he found everything I needed. I received the parts in under a week and am very happy with the results. My sales invoice number was 0002 so I was happy to give him the business. I encourage other members of PT to take advantage of his business. Both his service and suggestions were very "Useful". Thanks again, Bill
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

29. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just an update, the page loads better (none of the spreading) with firefox 4 but still shows no pictures and none of the links work
    the

LLTR

31. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its odd when i click on the link im sent to one Pachi page that is different.. (only for a second at the max..) still appers to be bills site.. then redirected to the pachinko restoration site???

does any one see the flash of one site then another site opens?
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    its odd when i click on the link im sent to one Pachi page that is different.. (only for a second at the max..) still appers to be bills site.. then redirected to the pachinko restoration site???

does any one see the flash of one site then another site opens?
    That happened to me once but after loading Internet Explorer 9 it hasn't been a problem. Seems as though IE9 works much better on my laptop compared to earlier editions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast