Thread: Dracula EX Reels will not rotate at full speed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dracula EX Reels will not rotate at full speed

I recently inherited a Pachislo machine from my grandparents. It had quite a few issues, mainly poor connections. I am now running out of ideas to get this fully operational again. When I pull the reel start knob all three reels jerk forward and stop and continue to do this. I am unable to stop the reels with the stop buttons.
    All of the inputs are working. I can see the inputs light up on the main board for all of the sensors and buttons, including on the reels. I have seen some people manually spin a reel forward to get it running full speed, but I have not seen this problem for all 3 reels at once, and this does not work on my machine when I attempt it.
    The skill stop board (AC1542aP3) did have a loose two pin connector which I had resoldered. I also checked continuity between the main board to the reel board and from the reel board to the skill stop board while they were actually connected to the boards. Everything checked out on the cables and connection points on the boards. The fuse on the skill stop board never blew, but I changed out the capacitors c9, c10, c11, and c12 to see if that would help. No luck, same problem. This site has been great up to this point to get where I am at, but any other suggestions or link to a post I have overlooked would be helpful.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Uncle Boonie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dracula EX Reels will not rotate at full speed

sorry can't really help ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Normally, if the reels spin and stop, kind of like a "jerking action". The sensor for the reel is dirty.

As the reel spins, a tab on the reel passes through a sensor. This lets the machine know where the reel images are. If the sensor is dirty and can't see the tab, as it passes through, the reel will stop then start to spin again.

016.JPG
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Normally, if the reels spin and stop, kind of like a "jerking action". The sensor for the reel is dirty.

As the reel spins, a tab on the reel passes through a sensor. This lets the machine know where the reel images are. If the sensor is dirty and can't see the tab, as it passes through, the reel will stop then start to spin again.

016.JPG

I thought that may have been the problem before as well, but I can rotate each reel to where that tab is located and a light on the main board will light up corresponding to each sensor on each reel, so i thought that the sensor wouldn't be the problem. I will try cleaning one, and see if it makes a difference. Do you know if a partially dirty sensor cause the problem?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anything the obscures the IR light can affect operation.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the advice so far. I have cleaned out the sensors and still have the same result. I have however been able to get the machine to cycle completely (stating the machine and stopping the machine normally) by helping the reels to get started. They start off with a jerking motion and then I help it along at the right time and they spin properly until I press the stop buttons.

It almost seems like they are not getting the right amount of power to get started, since all 3 reels are acting up.
    Once I have all 3 reels started then the stop buttons work, however when I stop one reel the other 2 start acting up again.
    I get them rotating again, and stop the next reel, and the final reel starts with the jerking motion. I get it running again, then I am able to use the final stop button to get it to stop.

So functionally all of the buttons, sensors, cables seem to be working properly, now it is a board or power problem?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At about 1:00 into the video it shows the middle reel acting the way all 3 of the reels on my machine are acting. I am able to eventually get all of my reels started the same way by assisting the reels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sqIvW44Gw