Thread: Question about machine settings - Standby Mode, adjusting payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lightbulb Question about machine settings - Standby Mode, adjusting payout

Hello all. I just got a pair of AKB Festival machines and have a few questions.
    For my first machine, I'd like to know if there is a way to turn off ball payouts. I'd like to play the game without worrying about constantly refilling the tiny hopper in the back, missing what's happening on the screen, or otherwise dealing with missing ball errors.
    As for my second machine, I would like to know if there was some sort of standby/performance mode for these type of machines, one that would play the music or videos that were in the game. It currently has a few silent screens that it shuffles through, but something more engaging would be nice.
    If anyone had ideas about these questions or anything else similar, I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question about machine settings - Standby Mode, adjusting payout

and ginger snap cookies

Modern Pachinko machines are set up for ball payouts period .

You can get or make a ball lifter for getting the balls up to the upper back prize ball tray .

The Modern Pachinko Machines do have a "Attraction mode " with scenes and lights to attract possible players of that machine .

The different music and videos programmed into the machines cannot be accessed unless you play the machines.

We have had many members try to "Hack" into the Coded programming of these machines but I haven't seen any success in that.

In Japan people have been able to take the Game cell out of the frame and buy or make a box with buttons and switches with speakers to make the game .

But I haven't seen any of those machines for sale on u.s. or Japanese auctions for a while.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"The Modern Pachinko Machines do have a "Attraction mode " with scenes and lights to attract possible players of that machine ."

Is this attraction mode the standard standby mode, or does it have to be activated somehow in a menu or with another function?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "Attraction Mode" is pretty much set and locked in by the factory .

I have a few of the late 2010's and a 2021 D-Clock pachinko machine with a volume control integrated in the front "Chance" control .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You probably want to buy a ball lifter if you don’t want to shuffle balls from the rear; some people covert machines to cyclic but it’s not recommended due to a variety of issues. (Potential errors, cutting/modifying parts that may not be easily reversible, it lowers the value domestically, can’t be used in a parlor anymore, ect ect…)

Attract mode is different on every machine; and you can’t change it.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My AKB48 Red rose, plays a whole music video once an hour. It can take you by surprise.

https://youtu.be/E3k320MD99w

Others, just cycle through a video every now and then and keep quiet.

The newer Kyoraku frames aren't good for easy cyclic modifations. as there is a ball out sensor at the bottom that gets bypassed, and after 50 pocket hits, it goes into error, without some crafty wiring.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-24-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam