Thread: Matrix Pachinko Screen = Whoa!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Matrix Pachinko Screen = Whoa!

This past weekend I picked up a Matrix pachinko machine and two others as well.

Once I got everything set up, I started playing the Matrix machine, and I noticed something unique about it that I was completely unaware of which blew me away: The screen.

The Dual-Layer "3D" screen on the Matrix was mind-blowing, and REALLY needs to be seen to be appreciated. The first time I saw the effect was when I saw one of the Octopus robots 'swimming' behind the screen. I literally thought I was seeing things since I had no clue this technology was in the machine. The funny part is when I first powered it on, I was disappointed that the screen looked so dull (due to one screen being used and not the other at the time)

The way things move between the screens and the way things are 'layered' between them really adds a new dimension (literally) to the game. I am surprised there hasn't been much more detailed about it, as, IMO, it really elevated the machine to a whole new level! Needless to say I am hooked on this game now and it has quickly become my favorite machine.

Does anyone know if there are any other machines that utilize this technology, or a 3D screen similar to the 3DS?

Thanks!
    My Pachinkos: Freddy vs Jason, Rave, Titanic

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gladiator evolution pachinko by Kyoraku has a clear LCD screen overlapping the reels ( it has a 9 drum slot machine face ) so things appear to fly over the slot feature like bats and birds even a giant dragon, also chains will sometimes appear and "lock" the reel(s) in place preventing them from spinning,as well as a host of other effects
    Its pretty cool,there are a few videos on youtube
    There is also an early modern deji pachi with an auto stereoscopic screen very similar to the Nintendo 3ds made by Nishijin
    The face is patterned after that famous Japanese block print of an ocean wave Attachment 71966
    Drunkenclam knows the proper name, just search autostereoscopic ( one word) in the forum and you'll find a couple of threads on it as well as the proper name ( having a hard time copying and pasting in Tapatalk)
    There may be more around that other members know about
    Last edited by alphaminor; 01-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BTW congratulations on your new machines
    What else did you get?
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome I'll have to search for the other machine too (on tapatalk as well right now)

The other two machines I picked up were Titanic and Macross Fever. Titanic is really cool and feels very 'classy' due to an overall 'ice and gold' theme on the machine, and Macross Fever looks awesome, but unfortunately I am having an issue with the shooter. I did cheat a bit to see what it does by manually feeding balls in the hole, but hoping to get it up and running soon!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Matrix Pachinko Screen = Whoa!

I believe that Fuji's Jurassic Park Max 2 had a 3D screen. This is exploited when a t-rex and pteradactyl (sp?) crashes through the screen.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

9. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like 2 more machines to add to my wanted list. Jurassic park was in the edge but now I want it.

Anyone looking to part with either?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Awesome I'll have to search for the other machine too (on tapatalk as well right now)

The other two machines I picked up were Titanic and Macross Fever. Titanic is really cool and feels very 'classy' due to an overall 'ice and gold' theme on the machine, and Macross Fever looks awesome, but unfortunately I am having an issue with the shooter. I did cheat a bit to see what it does by manually feeding balls in the hole, but hoping to get it up and running soon!
    Hi,
    Where did you get your Titanic machine from?

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by portercbl View Post
    Hi,
    Where did you get your Titanic machine from?

Jerry
    I got it from 5 Brothers before they sold their stock to the new guys. Of course my wife absolutely LOVES this machine, but I gotta admit it's really growing on me too. The animations and activity are really great on the machine, and plenty of interactivity with the chance and spin dials.

Plus it just looks classy as hell... all the gold and diamond colors of the frame really make it stand out.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi there- the MATRIX double LCD was a unique project for DAIICHI- meaning that they integrated special (and costly) technology which they did not use in other machines. The company I work for licensed the property to DAIICHI, and I was extensively involved with that project as well as Titanic, Tom & Jerry, Superman, and other foreign-licensed titles. You'll see our company logo in the demo-screen sequences, and our copyright on the cell design. If you have questions about these machines, I can try to answer.

15. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mrlax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mrlax View Post
    Hi there- the MATRIX double LCD was a unique project for DAIICHI- meaning that they integrated special (and costly) technology which they did not use in other machines. The company I work for licensed the property to DAIICHI, and I was extensively involved with that project as well as Titanic, Tom & Jerry, Superman, and other foreign-licensed titles. You'll see our company logo in the demo-screen sequences, and our copyright on the cell design. If you have questions about these machines, I can try to answer.
    Thanks for the info! It's really cool technology and it's a shame it wasn't utilized in other games. You did a fantastic job!

I have Titanic and Matrix (looking for Tom and Jerry) and curious if there are any interesting stories about working on these machines? Any clashes or collaborations while working with the property owners that either hurt or helped the machines?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure you can get the Tom and Jerry Cel and swap it into the matrix, if you don't want the whole machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@ Harleyguy- thanks for the message. I'm not really responsible on the tech side of things- thats the perrogative of the manufacturer of course, and based on budget and their internal initiatives. But MATRIX was one of the more innovative machines for sure which I've seen and been a part of, especially in the licensed property side of things which I specialize in. And I am pretty much of an advocate of the interests of the developers with respect to working with the rights holders. The industry is quite confidential, so I can't mention specifics, but I have worked with a number of manufacturers on a great number of licensed properties for pachinko and pachislot including Ferrari, Looney Tunes Back In Action, Saturday Night Fever, Alien v Predator (one of my favorites), Matrix, Back to the Future, Terminator 2, the MASK, Last Samurai, Mission Impossible, Tom & Jerry, Titanic, Superman, and others, including some that were developed and moth-balled for whatever reason by the manufacturers. Its an interesting industry, and the development of the foreign titles (well...foreign to Japan) is really about balancing the elements of interest to the players, while keeping them 'true' to the properties. It's not appropriate for me to go into details of 'clashes' etc on a forum like this, but they of course have occurred from time to time, and they usually included some sort of mediation of 'cultural understanding' of pachinko- where I would explain the importance of game strategies- an example of a topic might be including 'branded' characters of the manufacturers within the licensed property, which is met with sensitivity by licensors. Appearance of branded characters (premium characters) are typically a 'VERY high percentage' notice which indicates a likely win (Oatari), so they are important to players, yet a sensitive point for licensors which usually want to preserve the 'purity' of their property.

19. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mrlax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mrlax - thanks, that is some very interesting information! It's always cool so see 'how it works' from an insiders perspective. Would love to know more (assuming you can say, but understand if you can't be specific at times)

Is it more common for the pachinko makers to go after the license holders to make the machines, or do you see more license holders approaching the machine makers?

Has there ever been a license that you thought seemed odd or out of place, that ended up being amazing once you saw it? (IMO Titanic fits this perfectly)

What would be the craziest idea you've seen that ended up not being made?

Has there ever been a tech advance that really blew your mind, but couldn't be implemented due to reasons like cost or space that we could see down the road? (Like the Matrix screen)

What is your personal favorite machine that you DIDN'T have a hand in.

Thanks!

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@Harleyguy- You ask good questions!
    Let me try to answer:

Is it more common for the pachinko makers to go after the license holders to make the machines, or do you see more license holders approaching the machine makers? Can't answer this one, kind of proprietary data :-)

Has there ever been a license that you thought seemed odd or out of place, that ended up being amazing once you saw it? (IMO Titanic fits this perfectly)
    MASK is an example here- it wasn't a blockbuster in the market, but it made a very fun pachinko machine- quite humorous. Conversely, 'GHOST' (Patrick Swayze/Demi Moore) I thought was weird for pachinko, but did great in the market place (our company had no role in that machine). Ghost released at a time when 'romantic' machines, such as those based on Korean soap-operas like Winter Sonata, were very popular.

What would be the craziest idea you've seen that ended up not being made? Good question- but I don't have a good answer unfortunately.

Has there ever been a tech advance that really blew your mind, but couldn't be implemented due to reasons like cost or space that we could see down the road? (Like the Matrix screen): The answer to this would be that tech advances that can't be implemented are 'mothballed' internally at the manufacturers before they would hit my level in the projects. Thus the manufacturers would only bring "the possible" to my level.

What is your personal favorite machine that you DIDN'T have a hand in.
    My personal favorite machine would be the various iterations of CR Yamato- the 'Star Blazers' foundation in the US when I was growing up...

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mrlax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool! We got a guy on the inside!
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@heima- HA! Not too far in the inside, but I have spent more than 8 years in the industry. I've made it from the parking lot to the lobby, lets say :-)
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

26. The following user says "Thanks" to mrlax