Thread: Absurd insurance charges !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Absurd insurance charges !

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post

First, We know these machines are practically given away in Japan. I've seen photos, as I am sure some of you have, of piles of Vader Star Wars machines just sitting in a junk pile. Japanese law only allows parlors to have these machines for a year, and after that they're trashed.
    As a non US member, thats what bugs me about sellers in Japan trying to sell to the world market. $300 and upwards for a 3-5 year old machine PLUS worldwide shipping, when you can pick the machine up for probably $50 or less if you look around. Now thats a heck of a mark up,

As for the sells tax, I've had to argue over VAT on international goods. I should not have to pay VAT in another country, But people still try.

Shipping insurance. Might be a tough one to argue. If the prices work out the same as fedex or UPS, then it is probably worth it, However, it would be better if they just listed the shipping cost as a total and said insurance is included rather than adding it on at the end, as a complusery cost. Thats what makes people feel cheated, They see the cost, Think thats what it will cost, only to get stung with additional charges.
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam