Thread: Kyoraku Okinawa

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kyoraku Okinawa

Just picked this one up, needed a CR dongle in order to get the shooter working. Appears to be 100% other then needing a dongle and a key.

If anyone has any leads on Keys for this frame lmk, my Sankyo/Bisty key fits but does not turn the tumbler.

Tilt your head sideways for that 2nd one, site is changing orientation.

20221226_150130.jpg20221226_150150.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku Okinawa

Not sure what your Sankyo key is from to comment on why it isn’t opening the door.

Happy to send you a typical door key and CR adapter for 20.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Why waste money on a “regular” dongle when you can buy a Daverob dongle? Not having to manually refill the front tray constantly is nice! Not to mention it’s mandatory if you ever upgrade to a ball lifter (recommended!)

My 2 cents!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lock appears to be OMlock style, which is what just about ALL of my pachis are, other then my T-birds machine is. Typically the 1 key works for ANY of my OMlock style locks. Not this time though, curious if its easier to replace the whole lock assembly.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before keys were common in the US I de-pinned al my Omron locks so they could be opened with anything like a flat head screwdriver And still work with the real keys..It used to take around 5 minutes and the only scary part was worrying about pushing the button!!

Sadly the pictures are Long gone, but here is Arby's how to from 2005 or so.. thought I'd post in case you want to try it..

Pachinko Lock Conversion for 'Omron' Lock

Pachinko Lock Conversion, please read it all before you start.

You got your new Pachinko, and it is staring at you. The lock, it is there and you can't use it to open your machine. You are like a thief: you must reach around behind to open the main door or play field glass door.

What if for 10 minutes light work, just 10 easy steps and $10.00 dollars (for one key, that will work on all your machines of this lock style), you can use that lock to do what it was intended for ?

I have keys ground to turn your lock, but you need to remove the wafers, pins, and springs. I will walk you through the ordeal with text and pictures. This key will hold the safety pin up so your lock will work without the wafers, pins, and springs.

Anyone is welcome to use my steps without buying a key. you can do the same at a lock shop, as I. If you buy a key, you can go get it duplicated all you want and pass it around. You can not sell this on ebay or other auction sites. The key blank I used is HYUNDAI - HY9 (made by Curtis). The $10.00 is to help cover the cost I incurred, free mailing.

STEP 1
    Remember you will need the key to do this.
    First look at the front of your lock. If it looks the one in this picture, we are in business. It is also marked with the word “Omron”.

STEP 2
    Now open your machine and look at your lock on the back. you will see the lock back is held in by two screws (these are pan head), and in the center is a screw (this screw has a flush mount head) that holds your Trip Dog (not all Trip Dogs look alike, I have seen five different ones so far) to the lock. NOTE HOW IT LOOKS, TAKE A PICTURE IF YOU WANT!

Close up

STEP 3
    Remove the two pan head screws that hold the lock to the door. *Some locks will come out easily and *with others, you may also need to unscrew the trip dog screw (Flat head) and remove it (remember how it GOES ON!).

Now the lock will come out the back. Keep the little button (DO NOT MESS WITH THIS BUTTON) on the lock pointing up.

STEP 4
    Put the Trip Dog back on and replace the screw.

Look at the face of the lock. See the two little triangles pointing at each other? *Remember that!

STEP 5
    Now look at the top and bottom of your lock. They will look alike. There are six stakes (3 to a side) on the top and bottom of your lock.

You need to break the three stakes per side away with pliers or clippers. Do this on both sides of the lock, top and bottom both (you are removing 12 stakes total).
    NOTE: See Step 6 before doing the bottom cover plate.

STEP 6
    Carefully pry up the cover plate (the top pins set of the lock) with a sharp knife and remove it. The cover plate is thin, once an edge is up. Grab it with a pliers and pull it off.
    Note: Reinsert the key at 12 o'clock. Try rotating the key clockwise, to four o'clock position, than back counterclockwise to the eight o'clock position. If this works for you, go to Step 7, you do not need to remove the bottom cover. If not proceed on. flip the lock over and remove the other cover plate as stated above.

Now with the cover plate/plates off you will have springs, pins and wafers coming out of the holes. (LEAVE THE STAKED IN PIN ALONE ON TOP) Tap both sides to get all the *springs, pins and wafers out.

STEP 7
    Gently tap the lock on a book on a table until all the springs, pins and wafers come out (DO NOT MESS WITH THE BUTTON). THE EXCEPTION is the one on top closest to the Trip Dog. This one is staked or pegged in and don't remove it. It should not come out by itself so just leave it alone.

Close up of the springs, pins and wafers.

STEP 8
    Now put your key in the lock (DO NOT MESS WITH THE BUTTON). See if it will turn the center cylinder both left and right. If it doesn't, tap the lock again to get all the springs, pins and wafers out. They will come out both sides and there are a lot of them. Try the key again to see if it works. If the key encounters resistance, a spring, pin or wafer remains and needs to be tapped out. *When the key inserts and turns left and right easily, you have done the hard part. *Now, remove *the key from the lock.

First, make sure the lock front has the two little triangles pointing at each other.

STEP 9
    Now put the lock back in the way it came out (Remember the white button is up). Look at the face of the lock. See that the two little triangles pointing at each other are on the top side of the lock.*If you had to remove the Trip Dog, do so again, but remember how it goes on! Once you have the lock in, replace the two pan head screws to hold the lock to the machine.
    Now check that the triangles, are pointing at each other. Put your Trip Dog on using the flush mount screw. Just lightly snug the screw; do not over tighten it or you will strip or break it. It should now look as it did when you started.

Close up

STEP 10
    Now put the key in the lock and turn the key left, then right. If it moves the latches up and down then everything is working right.

Close your machine into the frame and now try Your New Door Key. When the key is inserted into the lock, it is at 12 o'clock. In order to open the full machine door, you rotate the key clockwise, to four o'clock *When the key is in the 12 o'clock position you turn it counterclockwise to the eight o'clock position, this opens only the play field Window.
    Great, isn't it? *You can now access both back and play field with your key. You are not a thief in the night anymore!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages if the mod does not work for you. Don't try it if you are not sure you can handle a screw driver, a knife, a pliers and follow directions.

An UPDATE:
    If you remove both sets of pins and wafers and springs, as it states above, you can use a 9/16 size Allen Wrench to turn the lock.

It will go in and turn both ways and not hurt anything. For those that wish to save on buying a key.

I tried it works great, even a little stronger than the key!

[color=blue]
    Some Questions Asked:

Question:
    Which auto key blank did you use--make, model and year car? If you post a photo of the key, maybe we could get one made from the local WalMart if there is only one cut to make.
    Answer:
    It is not that simple, that is why the Three hours at the lock smith. Once you have a key you can go get it duplicated all you want. But how will you know what to cut it to, the key does not fit the lock as a blank, there are no blanks for this lock. The lock (I found out the hard way), is build with four anti-thief features. The 1st thru 14 key were hand cut to finally get one to configure to the lock, than working back wards to hold the safety pin so the lock works. But you can try. (HYUNDAI - HY9 made by Curtis)

Question:
    What happens if the white button is pushed?
    Answer:
    The cylinder goes free wheeling and won't turn the trip dog, AND there is no putting it back, once it is loose, so far they stay loose one of the*anti-thief features

Question:
    What if I put it back upside down ?
    Answer:
    The stops in the lock wont let you open the doors, all you would need to do is. Take it out and rotate 180% and reinstall.

Question:
    Which Pachinkos does it work on ?
    Answer:
    All the newer ones are the same lock, I have found so far. All have "OMRON" Locks. It's the older ones with the round center that I have not messed with, yet.

Question:
    Will this mod work for pachislo locks, as well?
    Answer:
    No, Just Pachinkos

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

8. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lock1.jpglock2.jpglock3.jpglock4.jpglock5.jpg

so the 360 of the lock on the machine, pictures would help greatly on further disassembly.

I did take note that these locks are pretty weak to a pick attack, I was able to rake the lock open without much effort. Since its out in the open picking is moot as its less effort to just go behind the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Curious if this is the lock?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27391897258...Bk9SR_rmoLSrYQ

and does this seller have a presence on here? or somewhere else?
    Small group figured worth a shot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM sent

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    lock1.jpglock2.jpglock3.jpglock4.jpglock5.jpg

so the 360 of the lock on the machine, pictures would help greatly on further disassembly.

I did take note that these locks are pretty weak to a pick attack, I was able to rake the lock open without much effort. Since its out in the open picking is moot as its less effort to just go behind the machine.
    I wish I had pictures or could remember how I did it..But its been well over a decade!!

I searched all over the site and people (including me) just say how easy it is and to just look at the pics!!

I sort of remember bending off the back plate somehow..And that thing with the white thing on it is the button not to push I believe.. I thought if I saw a lock it would all come back to me..I guess not!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And another thanks to Peteybob on getting me a lock and key to replace the original.

Machine is up and running, needs a good cleaning but is working as intended.
    Next up is some cell troubleshooting, I have a Yellowcab cell that I acquired a few years back never got to test it because no Frame.. now I have the Volcano frame and dead.. dead.. and did I mention Dead?
    I'll spend some time with that when I get a chance, but if anyone has any other cells for this frame I would be interested.

Rob

14. The following user says "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    And another thanks to Peteybob on getting me a lock and key to replace the original.

Machine is up and running, needs a good cleaning but is working as intended.
    Next up is some cell troubleshooting, I have a Yellowcab cell that I acquired a few years back never got to test it because no Frame.. now I have the Volcano frame and dead.. dead.. and did I mention Dead?
    I'll spend some time with that when I get a chance, but if anyone has any other cells for this frame I would be interested.

Rob
    That’s a shame. I’ve got the flag for that one!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep. I'm always on the look out for the banner.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Yep. I'm always on the look out for the banner.
    Gotta have connections… Compirate gave me his!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha. I got one. Saw it on mercari and got FJ to get it for me.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m84335005467
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam