Thread: Sankyo Fever Densha de Go SP 2000 Pachinko フィーバー電車でGO Go By Train

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Fever Densha de Go SP 2000 Pachinko フィーバー電車でGO Go By Train

I just finished up building an enclosure for this game today. I thought I would make a thread to aid in anyone who may be looking for information or discussion about this game down the line.

Sankyo CR Fever Densha de Go!
    CRフィーバー電車でGO!SP

Really cool game that launched the gambling Densha de Go line, followed up by a second pachinko and a pachislo. This machine is in Sankyo's Tatsumaki Frame (tornado), which has some really nice effects for an older frame.

My approach to building enclosures is to make them as compact as possible, with the ability to add on later - although I've only ever built a few. This is to allow the machines to be moved easily as I don't have a specific space to have everything set up at this point. (Down the road hopefully) A permanent extended hopper can just be added to the top and a drain compartment can just be added on the bottom if those are desired later on.

An individual enclosure means there's space for a bit of extra fun, so I decided to make cabinet graphics for the sides. I found the tiny little promotional image that Sankyo used on their website two decades ago, and was able to remake the game's logo using another Densha de Go flyer scan and added the "FEVER" text to mirror it. Amazingly I was able to recover this game's chibi version of Tetsu-chan (the series mascot) from the promo image. I was going to do a full redraw and make it smooth but I like the pixelated result I got initially, as it mirrors her appearance in the game, and decided to go with that. I also grabbed a Sankyo logo. I printed them on adhesive vinyl and then used adhesive laminating sheets to protect the vinyl and ink after it dried. Nothing fancy, just home inkjet prints.

For audio adjustment I went with the larger 500 ohm potentiometers as I like the ease of adjustment. Not wanting additional wires running around the cabinet, I elected to mount them on the back of the game right on the top. The leads run through to the speakers on the front via a wire pathway at the top front door hinge, where there's plenty of clearance.

The heat-shrink is a bit singed as I use cheap heat-shrink for low voltage.

The other side of the cabinet has an oblong hole to reach in and trip the door release latch. The large opening at the bottom is to drain out captured balls. I know it's not a setup many people use but for my current situation it works great.

The tray at the bottom is open on the right side, which allows the balls to fall out into a captive area and roll down a beveled slope to exit the machine. The cardboard guides need to be replaced with some hobby wood, this was just to check that the balls were flowing correctly. The tray can easily be replaced with an unmodified one or removed to allow a direct drain beneath the cabinet at a later time. I also redid the transformer connections to ensure they were wrapped and insulated properly.

Here's a picture of testing that the balls were rolling out properly. In usage I place a large container beneath the edge of the table to catch the balls as they fall away, which is also useful for easy replenishment recovery.

Up top the enclosure has a large hole to allow the hopper to be refilled or for an extended hopper to be connected later on. Presently I use one of these large plastic rice chests as an extended hopper, with a flexible tube connected to it that sits down inside the machine to prevent the internal hopper from overflowing. It looks small in the picture but I estimate it can hold around 10,000 balls. I also use another of the same container, unmodified, to catch the balls as they fall away from the drain at the side.

Everything is working great, played for a couple hours since finishing up and had 100% capture / drain, no stray balls, and was a total blast. I need to buy a few thousand more balls but that's how it always goes.

ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever Densha de Go SP 2000 Pachinko フィーバー電車でGO Go By Train

And again a huge thank you to takethecastle57 for graciously allowing me to adopt this machine from him!!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to InsaneDavid

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool cabinet!! Great post!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice work on the cabinet, looks great.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks gentlemen!

The machine went into some kind of super fever mode while playing today (jitan mode?), where the big light arrays around the speakers kept flashing and the reel spins were quicker. The start chucker tulip would stay open for a lot longer as well. Reaches were way more common too, and I went through six full fevers before it went back to normal. Would have been a good day at the parlor.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great work on the cabinet Bravo, Brava

The machine likes you ,it Really likes you !

and ginger snap cookies !
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

12. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I missed out on this, because I saw it after it was sold.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m90832221153

who doesn’t want a 6ft tall densha de go cardboard cutout
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    The machine likes you ,it Really likes you !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLZj_iiD1M

If I were on the old Tonight's Dollar Box show I would have been on my way to Hawaii after that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I missed out on this, because I saw it after it was sold.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m90832221153

who doesn’t want a 6ft tall densha de go cardboard cutout
    And apparently new in the box at that!

I think I'm set for awhile for Densha de Go! stuff though - not to mention kinda full space wise - this was my wife and I a few years ago:

The E3 Series shinkansen "suit" I built takes up the equivalent of two pachi's worth of storage space. Reminds me that some parts of that need an overhaul before next year.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid