Thread: Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

I doubt that there are 3 sensors in the jackpot ball path. They are normally engineered in such a way to only have one its normally right below the jackpot trap door. Sometimes you can see it through the flap.

Assuming these are omron through sensors and not a psychical switch The 2 wire sensors work on resistance rather than switching a circuit. You would need an ohm meter to measure the difference when the sensor is empty and when something is present. You could
    try a ball on a stick. Or test with a sensor from somewhere else on the machine. But preferably not the start pocket sensor.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 11-12-2022 at 06:35 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I doubt that there are 3 sensors in the jackpot ball path. They are normally engineered in such a way to only have one its normally right below the jackpot trap door. Sometimes you can see it through the flap.

Assuming these are omron through sensors and not a psychical switch The 2 wire sensors work on resistance rather than switching a circuit. You would need an ohm meter to measure the difference when the sensor is empty and when something is present. You could
    try a ball on a stick. Or test with a sensor from somewhere else on the machine. But preferably not the start pocket sensor.
    There are three down in there - left, center, and right - all evenly positioned. The plastic assembly inside the attacker door has three even splits that go to the three sensors, no solenoid or diverter.

You are correct, they're the standard Omron through sensors. The center one is what starts the next fever round and what will trip the error state if a ball doesn't pass through it sometime during a round. The capture hole in the door will drop a ball in there when it closes if one didn't go in naturally, making it pretty much a sure thing. Just from what I've observed playing the machine, the left and right sensors seem to queue up the next round as ONLY dropping a ball down the center ended the entire run at the end of the round. No error state though, just drops the game back out into normal play.

Start pocket sensor is the same Omron sensor, except it's clipped into the lower ball pathway assembly just above the attacker assembly. And all the wires for all of it are smashed into a little area where they go up, curve down around over themselves, then back up, smash between the cell ball pathways and the back of the frame, and then connect to a little interface PCB. The clearances there are crazy tight, even for something like this.
    ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid