Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Help] Tried to reset odds now stuck and unable to play

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default [Help] Tried to reset odds now stuck and unable to play

Relatively new owner to a pachislot. When resetting the odds I didn't know that I'd be stuck in limbo until done correctly. I've watched 3-4 videos now but for whatever reason I cant seem to change the the number on the odds. Initially when I inserted the "reset key" the number was 6. and I couldnt get the number to change by pressing the small white circular button on the inside of the door. I watched one video where it said to hold that button while the key was turned right and while switch the power on. When I did this the number change to 1. but still I cannot change this number even after pressing the button several times. In the videos it says Im suppose to lock in the odds by pressing the knob down and then turn the key back left and it should play but it doesnt not change the 1. at all (supposedly it's suppose to be at 00). This machine was set up to be coinless so not sure if that may have anything to do with it but I dont think so since I believe the problem is locking in the odds and changing that front display from 1. to 00.

Machine: KPE Genso Suikoden
    Maker: KPE (Konami)
    Release: 2011

Here's a video I uploaded hopefully explaining a bit better
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsalKSwzhH4

Machine Front "1."
    front.jpg

Powersu switch inside (bottom left)
    lowerleft.jpg

Odds change button on inside of the door

odds.jpg

The "reset key hole" Upper right part of the machine

reset.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: [Help] Tried to reset odds now stuck and unable to play

There's also this red port on the same board with the reset key hole. But yeah I can't seem to get 00 displayed on the credits box. All the buttons + reel lever knob light up a red light on the board so there signal are being registered. I'm unsure if KPE machines have a radically different reset process. Hoping someone can assist. I've tried unplugging from the power source which gets me an EE error then i attempt the reset process to get stuck with the "1." on the credit counter, I should be able to increase this to 6. but the odds button doesnt alter the display. I tried to lock in with "1." by turning the key and holding the reels knob down but they credits still don't change to 00.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I don't really know much about pachislos.. Odd, definitely seems so be stuck in some sort of mode..

Does turning the door key to the left do anything?? Have you looked for any connectors that may have come loose??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my similar machine.
    I switched it on today after being off for a few weeks and its complaining about memory reset.

20200723_133438_resized.jpg

First start by turning the power off on the PSU

20200723_133629_resized.jpg

Next insert the key into the board and turn it. Then turn the power back on.

20200723_133649_resized.jpg

The front display will show the odds number. In this case (1) The decimal point will also be lit.

20200723_133713_resized.jpg

Next press the little button under the flap to change to odds. I changed mine to 3.

20200723_133750_resized(1).jpg

20200723_133759_resized(1).jpg

When you get to the setting you want. Press the spin lever on the front and the decimal point light will go out.

20200723_133813_resized.jpg

Finally finish by turning the key in the circuit board back to the play position.

20200723_133823_resized.jpg

Hope that helps
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys still unable to resume play. Thanks for the input with an identical setup between mine and drunkenclam I'm still hopeful we can track down the issue!

@MrGneiss Tried to to reset with turning the keyleft on the door still nothing. I indicated in the video below, two cables that were disconnected. One goes to the coin mechanism which was unplugged for the unlimited play cable thing and there's also one small cable on that unlimited play that has been unplugged since I purchased it and it still operated.

@Drunkenclam Thanks for the photos they are indeed identical, I was still unable to get the decimal point to go away. That's where my issues always lie, in that the white button on the inside of the door never seems to change the number on the front although the red light on the board lights up when pressing that white button. I recorded going through the entire process following your instructions. The video is below with the demonstration. I was wondering if you'd be able to try a few things / answer a few questions I put beneath the video.

https://youtu.be/TbtGxbS_fyU

1. So i'm very interested in knowing if you can lock in your odds without changing them? Like power off psu, insert and turn reset key, power on psu, then strike the reels knob and make the decimal point go away without touching the white button at all.
    2. How is your machine set up? Do you have tokens in the hopper / coin mech attached? (I don't have any tokens, is the reason I ask and am uncertain if it's required for the reset)
    3. Any idea what the red port up and to the left of the reset key hole is for? (Hoping that's like a bipass of some sorts)
    4. Should that small button on the front of the door and to the left of the reel knob have an indicator red light flash on the mother board? (no lights light up for me when pressing that button)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for double posting but I can't seem to edit posts being a new member with under 10 posts.

So I went back into the machine just to thoroughly check everything again. And I found a 3rd wire unconnected which connects to that board on the inside of the door. The rest of the wires grouped with it run from that board to the max bet button.
    red-wire.jpg

So along with the above post also Drunkenclam can you tell me where this wire runs to?

I'm just guessing at this point but could it be possible my problem is that board on the inside of the door? Like I said the white button seems to change nothing although it does light up a light on the motherboard above the reel assembly. Are these boards pretty universal? I'm guessing they just control the buttons and change the odds. I'm also wondering If I can somehow preserve the rom? In case say this needs some type of system wipe.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your YouTube video did not upload just a blank screen when I pressed play.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry , my Amazon kindle internet browser is not letting me see YouTube videos for now . I have had five Pachislot and I never had odds changing trouble .

Cable check and maybe disconnect the connectors and then reconnect the cables of the machine of course with the Machine Turned Off.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just read that you have a Non-Factory board hooked up in the machine (Unlimited Play) that could cause the odds setting problem . Maybe bring the machine back to Factory condition (with the Dunkenclam photos as help ).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it's an auto play. It might be bypassing the reel buttons or spin lever. Or blocking the signals.

I think the red port is something to do with government testing to check the machine meets regulations. Not having any tokens in the hopper will not cause a problem. Mine is stock. With token acceptor and hopper.

The button to the left of the spin lever is the cash out button. It would make the hopper payout any remaining credits.

I'll check the button tomorrow as it's late here now.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-23-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The other thing I noticed about mine is. When I turn the key back to play. I get an spoken voice telling me the door is open (in japanese of course)

I'll check what leads I have lit after work tomorrow.
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok. All the wires that come out of the socket on the little board go to the buttons on the front by that side.

here is a list of ths LEDs and their function.

1) Odds Button (white under flap)
    2) Dipswitch on door for auto payout after bonus/attendant reset after bonus
    3) Dipswitch on door for auto payout after bonus/attendant reset after bonus
    4) Cash out button (little button to the left of the spin lever)
    5) Door soft reset switch (activated by turning the door key to the left)
    6) Token Acceptor photocell (in token acceptor)
    7) Token Acceptor photocell (in token acceptor)
    8) 1 bet Button
    9) 2 bet Button
    10) Max bet Button
    11) Spin Lever
    12) Lh reel stop Button
    13) Mid reel stop Button
    14) Rh reel stop Button
    15) Odds/Play key switch
    16) Hopper payout sensor
    17) Overflow hopper full sensor (2 metal prongs in the bottom RH corner)

Mine will perform a reset even if the door open sensor has been fooled into thinking the door is shut.
    I also noted that on mine. Whilst performing the operation, I only have the one LED until I press something (odds button, Spin lever). in your video there are 3 leds lit. Although if its 2 and 3 thats not important. But it will give a smoother play if you change the dip switches, otherwise it will require a soft reset with the door key after each bonus.

I would check yours to ensure all is functioning or not functioning due to the credit add board against the LEDs as listed above.
    it might be worth just removing that board and returning wiring to stock until all working.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-24-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay sorry for the delayed response been a bit busy these past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    I just read that you have a Non-Factory board hooked up in the machine (Unlimited Play) that could cause the odds setting problem . Maybe bring the machine back to Factory condition (with the Dunkenclam photos as help ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    If it's an auto play. It might be bypassing the reel buttons or spin lever. Or blocking the signals.
    Thanks for your responses.

Where would I be able to purchase the necessary cable/board to restore it back to factory condition? I'm pretty new to all this I just realized there was a tiny board like you said for the unlimited play wrapped in the black electrical tape.

Testing all the buttons with the list Drunkenclam provided to see what leds lights up on the mb.

1) ✅ Odds Button (white under flap)
    2) ✅ Dipswitch on door for auto payout after bonus/attendant reset after bonus
    3) ✅Dipswitch on door for auto payout after bonus/attendant reset after bonus
    4) ❌not lighting up Cash out button (little button to the left of the spin lever)
    5) ✅ Door soft reset switch (activated by turning the door key to the left)
    6) ? Can I test this without tokens? Token Acceptor photocell (in token acceptor)
    7) ? Can I test this without tokens? Token Acceptor photocell (in token acceptor)
    8) ✅1 bet Button
    9) ☐ Machine only has 1 bet button. 2 bet Button
    10) ✅ Max bet Button
    11) ✅ Spin Lever
    12) ✅Lh reel stop Button
    13) ✅Mid reel stop Button
    14) ✅ Rh reel stop Button
    15) ✅Odds/Play key switch
    16) ? Can I test this without tokens? Hopper payout sensor
    17) ? How do I test this? Overflow hopper full sensor (2 metal prongs in the bottom RH corner)

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DreamyWarrior00

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the unlimited play board that I uncabled
    unlimitedplay.jpg

I plugged that red cable to replace the yellow wire. What is that cord leading from the cheat cable to underneath the hopper?
    diagram.jpg

20. The following user says "Thanks" to DreamyWarrior00

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lead from the hopper to the cheat switch probably simulates a payout when the hopper is activated. or the machine would go into error.
    Ian #UKPachinko

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there anyway I can test the # 6,7, 16, 17 led lights that you mentioned? Also the payout button led doesn't illuminate when pressed. Any troubleshooting fixes? How would disable that payout simulation from the cord leading into the unlimited play board?

If it's not too much trouble could you show some pictures of the inside of the door just to reference.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also worst case scenario is there any shops in north eastern United States who do repairs?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Been a bit busy and can't get at the machine at the moment. Sorry
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update:
    Hey guys I recently tried after a long hiatus to attempt to revisit this and try again. I have now locked my keys inside the machine. I was following a reset guide verbatim and wasn't thinking when it said "close the door" without removing the key from top back panel with the reset keyhole. I've tried for a few hours reaching my hand underneath/ the rear openings to release the latch but it's not budging either up or down. I get a little bit of give side to side but nothing from vertical movement. The way its worded in some thread here it seems to be really easy.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a pachislo repair shop? I had found one last year somewhere in Florida and on their site they said you could deliver in person or they could fly a technician out to you (provided you paid air fare and food, and hotel). But Because of covid I was reluctant to go the route. However now I can't seem to find that site anymore. Right now im trying to keep fiddling with this latch so I can get the keys out but even then I've tried resetting this this probably 20 times and im not sure how much more I can do.

So any USA repair shops?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s this latch correct? Hooked around that metal peg which is above that white plastic wheel(sorry upload got turned sideways)762A3160-4265-44D5-9617-21576FE5C450.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast