Thread: Auxiliary Ports for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Auxiliary Ports for Pachinko!

I had been thinking about rigging headphones up to one of my machines for a while. I initially wanted an automatic setup but couldn't figure out how to do it and decided to go with an S.P.D.T. switch (on-off-on) for the time being. I think it popped into my mind when I snatched a nice little auxiliary port from an 09' Altima that was going to the crusher.
    Had a nice push-clip plug where it connected to the main wiring... Snip!*

I used an old boombox to figure out which was left and right then taped-labeled them together. After sketching out a small schematic for the wiring I had to find a peice of plastic to fasten it to. I hack sawed a rough chunk out and then scored it with a box cutter against a file (only straight thing I could find at the time!).

The toughest part was cutting out the key slot for the auxiliary port to go into the plastic board. I used a Huskey precision razor and heated the blade with a Bic. Worked perfect! The plug fits nice a snug with no wobble! I'm working on a write-up with a small schematic but I'm wondering if any electrical guys could tell me if this is bad or hazardous to the machine. I am running two speakers (headphones) rather than this older machines one speaker (though its switchable) . Just wondering...

I have been playing with headphones lately and I thought about that afterwards and now that I'm thinking about it, its not like HP's spkers push that much sound compared to this pachinko's original one.

Its really pretty impressive cause now I can feel immersed in the machine hearing deep basses and hints of sound usually buried beneath the click and clatter of small steel balls. It not a bad thing at all and the headphones still allow you to hear them and it might even protect your ears during a bounus round!.

Heres some pics of the finished project.
    Switch Aux Assembly.jpg Speaker jump wiring.jpg Back View.jpg

I've been thinking of making some kits... projected cost would be less than 10 dollars plus shipping. If I can make it automatic that would be perfect (you plug HPs in and the speakers shut off until you unplug them)
    but I keep thinking its not just an internal switch right??

I found myself double checking while doing it and would love to provide an nice, easy little low cost quality kit for setting up an Aux port on your pachinko! Let me know, yae or nae! Stereo is the next project for the Vickey Chance.

Oh and you do still need headphones with inline volume adjustment.

Last edited by WondersPachi; 10-29-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: General Brainfart

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi