Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 balls loading at once problem on Comet II

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 2 balls loading at once problem on Comet II

Hello and Merry Christmas,

i am am having an issue with my Comet II I restored where a get spurts where it is loading 2 balls at once to be shot. I am not sure why and how to remedy it. Has anybody else had this problem and know how to rectify it? This is a shot of the loader to see if anything looks wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2 balls loading at once problem on Comet II

please take the loader mec out and take a close up of the other side where the ball is lifted and loaded to the shooter.. how big is that opening?? is there a way to make it smaller or bigger??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That wouldn't be the loader itself. That would most likely be due to the white piece of plastic that rides on the the shooter. (back side) My guess is that it might need to be taken out and have the shaft polished or the little wire needs to be rebent.

100 machines and counting...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks both. I have taken pictures of both the back of the loader and the back of the machine. I don't see a way on the opening to make smaller. On the back if you look at the one piece of wire that is along the side of the white piece that is attached to the shooter it is stiff and not movable. It moves with the arm. Is that how it should be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picture number 4, the wire on the flipper needs to be to the left of the white piece, not the right.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Picture number 4, the wire on the flipper needs to be to the left of the white piece, not the right.
    Thank you. Should it be stiff or loose? Not sure if I am to tighten the nut all the was down. Thx again!
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    im not sure what you mean.. both wires should be on the right side..

when i adjust the wires i have them so they dont touch the shooter loader part.. close, but not touching.. then make sure that when the flipper is at full pull it will not slide past the end and adjust as necessary.

the other wire should be on the right as well... when the bottom tray is over full the balls will fill up the back of the machine pushing a flap over.. that wire is attached to the flap.. when the flap is pushed by the over full balls it will swing the plastic part that loads ball moving it out of the way of the wire that the flipper moves.. in a way it will load one ball but will not allow it to swing back until the lower hopper is emptied..

home that makes sense..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Thank you. Should it be stiff or loose? Not sure if I am to tighten the nut all the was down. Thx again!
    Mike
    yes tighten the nut that holds the wire down..

open the door and shoot a few balls..watch and see if you can see why two balls are loading..

i had a machine once that when you were shooting fast the balls were rolling fast enough that they would hit hard and push a ball up on the lifter piece and load two.. but i dont remember how i sorted it out..

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    im not sure what you mean.. both wires should be on the right side..

when i adjust the wires i have them so they dont touch the shooter loader part.. close, but not touching.. then make sure that when the flipper is at full pull it will not slide past the end and adjust as necessary.

the other wire should be on the right as well... when the bottom tray is over full the balls will fill up the back of the machine pushing a flap over.. that wire is attached to the flap.. when the flap is pushed by the over full balls it will swing the plastic part that loads ball moving it out of the way of the wire that the flipper moves.. in a way it will load one ball but will not allow it to swing back until the lower hopper is emptied..

home that makes sense..
    Yeah, your right, I haven't looked at any of mine in a while. My mistake!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the replies I adjusted the 2 wires as well as tried to see why it is loading 2. If you look in this picture you can see 2 balls waiting to be loaded in front of the hammer to be shot. If I hold down the flipper both will roll right in. The white piece will flip up and two more will load onto it and tilt again towards the hammer waiting area (not sure what any of these parts of areas are called). I checked the white piece and it is moving freely and not seeming sluggish at all if I tip it manually. No idea where to go from here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I have it fixed. I had to adjust the wire to be about 1/4 in to the right of the white piece in the back. By doing that it keeps more than one loading. Only thing is if I don't pull the flipper back enough it will not load a ball and if i pull all the way back I still get 2 balls. For me it won't be too bad as I will be used to it. Somebody who would come over and use it will take some getting used to. Should more than one ball be dropping onto the white piece in the loader that leads to the hammer or should it be allowing only one before it flips towards the hammer area?

Thx!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The metal piece should be very difficult to move. But looks incorrect in both pictures - too small and too large. Set correctly, it will make a rectangle with right angled corners.

There is a plastic piece missing. It's kind of important; maybe you took it off for the pictures? I have a parts machine if you need that part; or I've seen folded cardboard used effectively! You should be able to see the hole where the fastener goes if you flip over the assembly.

image1CW.jpg image2CW.jpg

19. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The orange piece that pivots up and down; should have a rectangular piece at the top. Sometimes that piece gets broken off and causes problems.

Can't really tell from the pictures.

The missing clear plastic piece is shown installed correctly in one of your other pictures.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    The metal piece should be very difficult to move. But looks incorrect in both pictures - too small and too large. Set correctly, it will make a rectangle with right angled corners.

There is a plastic piece missing. It's kind of important; maybe you took it off for the pictures? I have a parts machine if you need that part; or I've seen folded cardboard used effectively! You should be able to see the hole where the fastener goes if you flip over the assembly.

Carl thanks for the reply. I will adjust the metal piece to make sure straight to form the rectangle. The plastic piece I believe you are talking about is there, I just took it off to take the assembly out. If you look in the first picture in this post, is that the piece you are talking about?

Thanks!
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The orange piece that pivots up and down; should have a rectangular piece at the top. Sometimes that piece gets broken off and causes problems.

The missing clear plastic piece is shown installed correctly in one of your other pictures.
    The orange piece is not broken. It has the rectangle at the top. Everything seems to be moving freely and nothing sticking.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the metal piece was it, thank you very much! When I made it square it has fixed the issue. Thanks Carl!

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick follow up on this. The metal piece after a couple hours of play will work it's way back down and allowing in 2 balls. It is not something that can be tightened so I wound up taking a small piece of electrical tape to tape it into proper position. Why is that piece something that moves in the first place? I do not see the reason for that.

Thanks again!
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you tired putting some locktite on the screw to see if it will hold it.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Have you tired putting some locktite on the screw to see if it will hold it.
    It's actually not a screw but more like a rivet so only thing I can do is glue the piece in place if I wanted to. I am assuming their is a reason it was made to be a movable piece but I don't know what it is.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    It's actually not a screw but more like a rivet so only thing I can do is glue the piece in place if I wanted to. I am assuming their is a reason it was made to be a movable piece but I don't know what it is.
    Ah. Didn't realize that as it was hard to tell on my phone.

Then I'm out of ideas...

31. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast