Thread: Cleaning a used pachislo machine imported from Japan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs down Cleaning a used pachislo machine imported from Japan

Folks,
    If you have seen my other threads, I am now the proud owner of three awesome pachislo machines (Biohazard, Macross SDF, and Aliens). The day we got the Biohazard we had to blow a lot of dirt out of the token mechanism. I was wondering, in general, what you would recommend for a good maintenance cleaning for all three machines so I can get them in their best shape? Everything is functioning fine, though on second thought, the Aliens tokens stick occasionally in the speed loader on front. We're comfortable taking things apart, e.g., the reels off, etc.

Would appreciate hearing your experience and recommendations so that we can enjoy our investments for years to come!

R,
    Sandy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cleaning a used pachislo machine imported from Japan

most of my cleaning i use a lite amount of windex sprayed onto q-tips... or sprayed onto a rag and then wipe things clean..

if i can get the parts off and know that i can not hurt the parts, then i remove them and hose them with windex..

but i usualy keep in mind, "less is more"... take your time and you will be golden..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cleaning a used pachislo machine imported from Japan

I've had some pretty dirty machines myself. 0059.gif

What I like doing, is to clean the whole machine inside and out. I just like knowing the whole machine is clean in the beginning and feel it's easier to maintain later.

First is take the hopper and reel cage out. This makes excess to the inside of the cabinet a lot easier. I like using baby wipes. They are pre-moistened and work pretty good. I'll wipe everything down, using the wipes. Then I'll go back over it, using a micro fiber cloth. No lint using the micro fiber cloth vs paper towel or a cotton cloth. I'll remove the coin mechanism and wipe it down. The rail that the coin rides on is normally pretty dirty. With the coin mechanism out you can slide the wipe back and forth through the coin slot and get it clean. Wipe down the hopper and the reels, don't forget the inside of the reels, they get dirty also.

Then using Lucas Slick Mist or Novus#1, I'll spray the hopper, reels and coin rail in the mechanism. Using a micro fiber cloth. This makes them slick and shiny and helps repel dust. Of course the whole outside is sprayed and wiped down with Slick Mist or Novus. Don't forget the belly glass, you don't know what's been living in there. (Popped the belly glass off one machine and an old wasps nest was in there.)

Check the door hinge screws and other screws in the cabinet and make sure they are all tighten. They work loose over time and during shipping.

I may go a little overboard, but what else does a retired guy have to do?
    Relax?
    0026.gif

"Yeah Right"

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo