Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oh my!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs down Oh my!

I noticed that this place has some of the silliest machines I ever seen. I know I will more than likely end up offending someone -the seller- with this but this is just a damned shame that a machine needs to be brutalized for the sake of making an extra buck.

If the links are inapropriate please feel free to remove em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Look at this.... thing!

Look at this things bandit arm... Not a samarai sword but a medieval short sword!

And the glass.... Are these the movie posters????

Oh well he also sells a Kiss themed Million God machine

And this one... This makes me maddest of all because I happen to want a Neo Planet..... This one disturbs me most of all... I dunno if it is because they are trying to grub a few extra coins off the Star Wars cash cow like LucASS is, or if it is because it just looks so cheezy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Oh my!

The eye of the beholder, what might be cheesey to you, might be a jewel to another.
    It doesn't look bad to me, but I be a customizer. My composition would have been different, but still not bad. IMHO
    I understand where you are coming from.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

True dat Arby. Different strokes for different folks. I for one am a purist. I dont like bling mods on anything. I prefer to believe that the cleanest nicest working (collectors item) is better than the most modded one. Oh well time for me to go add neon lights and hydrolics to my 300ZX...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is Drigdocs work, and he is one of the better modders out there. He keeps true to his word and makes sure everyone know they are custom machines. He does a great job on them, some people would never buy a machine until they see something on it that is themed with their tastes!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget Dapperdan. His look nearly OEM! I agree Drugdoc does a great job blending colors and themes. The Kiss and Star Wars look to be done tastefully. The ones that just change a belly glass with anything whether it matches or not are the ones that bug me.
    Firewire

Utopia1dc

To each there own...we all have different tastes! How boring would this world be if we all agreed on everything? Having said this, I (personally) was not impressed by these customs on this thread, but they at least go with the theme of the machine. As was stated, some guys on Ebay change the belly glass and that's it, even if it has nothing to do with the machine just to make a profit - that is disturbing!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dunno, I like some mods, especially when its a complete makeover. I am kinda partial to this one myself:

Oops! I picked the one I did.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thik what you all forget is alot of people woudl not buy a "hanabi" machine if it were justa hanabi. Thhey see ti changed toa Yankees or some other theme and they wnat it. They know its not official, but they dont care. As long as the buyers dont care and know what they are buying its all good in my book. As for these customs not lookign good, you shoudl go look at 99% of the others on ebay, and come back and tell me these look bad!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't seen any of the other customized ones... However... in my mind changing out the glass from a crap machine with no video to reveal what it really was is one thing. But a neo planet? That is like, a landmark machine in my books. One of the first clear LCD machines.

The Looney tunes... was that a Babel or a Rai Rai Goku? I cannot see the bottom if it is gray or not.... The looney tunes was done properly... completely redone... no "million god" or "neo planet" name markings left on it. The ELECO that rolls acrossed the LED's is a brand name and wont give away its true identity...

The Last Samurai one bugs me because it is clearly an attempt to cash in. The auction of course is designed to snag a Tom Cruise fan. Furthermore the belly art looks like 3 seperate posters stitched together. NO WAIT.. it is 3 posters stitched together....

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/Posters...i_T106016.html

Personally I would have redone all of the artwork but then Cruises face wouldn't be on it even if it did say Last Samurai. Then those cheap assed samurai swords can easily be picked up at swap meets and flea markets.... Cut one of those bad boys down and you have a proper themed machine. But some people don't need great looking .... good looking is good enough

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont think its literally 3 posters stiched together, its jpeg images on backlit film. Its almost impossible to take every part of a machine apart and replace all images of the orginal name. If so it will cost you more than you pay to customize it most times. Anyway, yes it is trying to chas in on a Tom Cruise fan, but that fan knows and wants the machien for what it is, not what it isnt. You all need to understand that a pachislo collector isnt going to buy this thinking its something else, a casual fan will buy it and enjoy it for a long time. I know Drugdoc very well, hes not out to scam people, just look at his feedgback. I do alot of custom machines myself as do alot of other son ebay, but we try to do it as tasteful as possible, unlike sellers like FUN. Ive never had customer email or call me and ask why their machine is a knockoff, or why its not officially licensed. They know these things before bidding! Its a long standing arguement aobut custom machiens, alot of people dont like it, but its not going away either.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uh I know it isnt literally 3 posters stuck together...... Stitching is an art term for joining completely seperate images together... I being a knowlegable person in the field of computer grafx and design know that this belly glass took about 1 hour to crank out. True people not in the know will be happier than pigs in poop. I wouldn't be.

Did I say drugdoc was trying to scam people.... NO

I dont want custom machines to go away.... That doesn't mean that I wont point out things I think are a little silly.... IE the European looking shortsword on the Jap themed machine!

Lddrizzt did a nice job on his customization....

To me it is like someone saying The Ford bigfoot truck is in town and when you go to see it it is blue says bigfoot but the tailgate has a Dodge emblem on it..... It is all about consistency.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sambryan
    ......To me it is like someone saying The Ford bigfoot truck is in town and when you go to see it it is blue says bigfoot but the tailgate has a Dodge emblem on it..... It is all about consistency.

Good point.

The only thing that can't be changed(so far) on a customized pachislos are the sounds coming out from it. That has been the number one priority here with the customizers I know in Az. For example I am not real sure how the sounds of a Babel work on a looney tunes conversion. I suppose it is ok but not as good of a matchup that a Beatles converted Babel would be.

But as Davis says : If the buyer is happy...then who cares what is done(the seller certainly isn't going to feel any remorse...).

Paste a pic of Tulsa on a Hanabi and it will get 1000.00 on Ebay !!

Utopia1dc

Paste a pic of Tulsa on a Hanabi and it will get 1000.00 on Ebay !!
    Atleast that, if not more!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Personally I can't imagine someone paying that much for a dart board.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sambryan- actually the Looney Tunes was neither a babel nor a Rai Rai, I used a 6 monks. It was the only one of the three that had cartoony enough music to go with the theme.

Now Tulsa, you have no faith in yer marketability. Ending auction cost would depend on where the fireworks were coming from.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will have to track down a 6 Monks and see what it is all about!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sambryan,
    Sorry you don't like the customs. Since I posted the Star Wars/Neo Planet, I have had 4 different people with Neo planet machines pay me to make make a custom StarWars glass, and 3 more want a Star Trek. These customers are thrilled that I can make a design to match a hobby they are into. All I can say is if you don't like it don't buy it

Doc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doc, I think you do some grand work!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Drugdoc
    Sambryan,
    Sorry you don't like the customs. All I can say is if you don't like it don't buy it

Doc
    Doc, you do nice work, even Michel Anglo had Pope that didn't like his work too!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I look at it this way, at least it's a space theme going on the machine. I bet one of these days we are gonna see a Marylin Monroe Neo Planet. If I remember correctly, there has already been a Spacy Harley Neo Planet a few months back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast