Thread: Battle counter translations

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Battle counter translations

Is there anyone who would be so kind as to translate the text on this Loo-King-G battle counter, so that I could understand the data it is trying to present to me?

In case the attached photo is too small, a full sized version can be seen here:

http://home.webdeck.com/public/battlecounter.jpg

Thanks - I really appreciate it!

-Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to webdeck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle counter translations

the first one "3" is the fever count. green "0" is reach " yellow "0" is spins I don't know what the double segments to the right mean. the graph represents total spins for each fever each segment is approx 100 spins. I have the same counter & its hooked up to my Star Wars machine & thats how I understand it. FYI I am not a pachi professional nor did I play one on TV.
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

4. The following user says "Thanks" to subdude

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The top left numbers are the ones you find on all battle counters. The red '3' is the number of fevers hit today, the green zero is the number of 'Kakuhen' fevers (ie consecutive fever rounds that are started from the high probability mode following a fever round). The four digit yellow display is the number of start pocket hits since the last fever round.

The bar chart below shows the number of start pocket hits that were required for each of the ten last fever rounds, either the bars or the number below the bar will light red to indicate a single fever round or green to indicate that this round was part of a run of consecutive kakuhen fevers.

The column of lights to the left of the bar graph are just error indicators for the parlour staff.

The red numbers to the top right are the fever totals for yesterday and the day before. The green numbers to the bottom right are the kakuhen totals for yesterday and the day before.

All of this is for the original intended purpose of these counters in the Japanese pachinko parlours, and is assuming that the battle counter is connected correctly. If the counter is connected to the wrong outputs on the pachinko, then the battle counter will not behave in the manner described.

Hope this helps.

6. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    The four digit yellow display is the number of start pocket hits since the last fever round.
    There is a connection on some machines that counts start pocket hits and a separate one for the tulip below the start pocket, but the counter should be connected to the one that counts 'spins' because you can get a lot more balls in the start pocket than you will get spins, and spins are more important for calculating odds.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, everyone - your answers are incredibly helpful! I have a few more questions.

There is a button labeled "Data" on the front. When I press it, it displays a completely different (and higher) set of numbers, and the red light blinks next to each number (and I believe there is text next to each blinking light that says what the alternate numbers mean.) What are these numbers?

How does it determine when a day starts and ends? Does it keep track of the time when it is powered off?

There is a red pushbutton on the back connected to brown and black wires with no label. What does it do? I tried pressing it as well as holding it in when I power it on, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What is the difference between a kakuhen fever and a non-kakuhen fever? This is hooked up to a Julie. Is the kakuhen when you get a spin with 3 matching odd numbers? I got a fever with 3 even numbers, and then after that it was in a different mode (not sure what it was) and I got a second fever with 3 even numbers, and then it did the countdown of 100 spins and I didn't get anything else. The whole time from start to end it stayed in "Win" mode with the lights flashing, and only added one to the red count of fevers and reset the spin counter.

Is there a way to reset the counters?

Thanks again!
    -Mike
    Last edited by webdeck; 06-15-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by webdeck View Post
    There is a button labeled "Data" on the front. When I press it, it displays a completely different (and higher) set of numbers, and the red light blinks next to each number (and I believe there is text next to each blinking light that says what the alternate numbers mean.) What are these numbers?
    On some counters, it's the data from 3 or more days ago. On this one, it's probably highest totals.

How does it determine when a day starts and ends? Does it keep track of the time when it is powered off?
    Is there a way to reset the counters?
    The parlors have remotes to change settings. On some there is an internal battery that maintains the clock.

There is a red pushbutton on the back connected to brown and black wires with no label. What does it do? I tried pressing it as well as holding it in when I power it on, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where you get the battle counter? Did it come with the machine or is it an accessorie?
    K J

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    where you get the battle counter? Did it come with the machine or is it an accessorie?
    its an extra I have the same counter currently connected to my Star Wars machine.
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A co-worker of mine taught English in Japan for several years, so he was able to translate the entire thing. Here it is, for reference.

-Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The following 23 users say "Thanks" to webdeck