Thread: Daiichi Shokai Pachinko Machine needs help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Daiichi Shokai Pachinko Machine needs help

Found this baby at an estate sale today, and could not leave without her! She was covered in sawdust and was loaded with several hundred rusty balls. I found enough clean ball to play with, and she plays pretty well, and pays out the jackpot very well! Love the ding ding ding. Reminds me of the old days in Vegas when the real metal coins hit those trays...

Anyway, she falls short in loading balls. They come down the tray nicely, but I have to manually flick a lever in the back to make drop the ball in the chamber so I can fire it away. I'm wondering if I am missing a part, something is broken or bent, or if there is something else I am missing. Thanks, Guys! I'd love to put this in my game room as a contrast to all of my digital/electronic games!

IMG_2805.jpgIMG_2808.JPGIMG_2810.JPG

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to sKr0d

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi Shokai Pachinko Machine needs help

Hello sKr0d and welcome to the group

Looks like a huge ball jam in the back but a nice looking machine. I'm more into the modern machines but wanted to say hello. Others will be along to help out!!
    Last edited by Peteybob; 10-04-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

a few issues

the ball jam but im sure you got that sorted cause you send its working

the shooter spring is under the balls chute.. it should be on top

the wire that deactivates the shooter when the lower tray is full is on the wrong side of the shooter.. in its current position every time you pull the shooter your pulling that wire.. the wire should push the shoter arm out of the way when the lower tray is full..

last your problem may be lack of balls.. when the top hopper runs out of balls the shooter should be blocked.. more balls should solve your problem.. of you can wire it open but i have dound that caused more problems when other play..

More balls
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

Cool looking machine!! It looks like it might have a removable cell!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gorgeous, colorful machine...I want one.

You will need to repair, replace or modify the top tray--no way it can hold balls with all that material missing. Still a great score.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, guys! I found and corrected the ball jam when I cleaned everything. Made a big difference to being able to play the game, and I was completely surprised when I got a jackpot!! ding ding

The only issue remaining is the loading. Someone mentioned the spring being in the wrong place. Are there any pieces missing? Or do I just need to re-route the spring?

And, does anyone have a picture of a properly configured launch lever area? I'd like to get this fully functional and know where my gaps lie. Finding any sort of drawing or user guide is impossible! Stumbling across this forum was a godsend!

Oh, yeah, the ball tray needs some lovin. I am making sure to keep the ramp full by hand, and am looking for a more permanent solution. Also looking for a source for the balls. Avery link I have found is either sold out or $50 for 50 balls.

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun learning about this new toy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the comment on the shooter wire. I moved it to a push position, but I never see it getting actuated. e.g. when I launch a ball, nothing triggers the wire to push the lever to move a ball into launch position. Maybe the plastic parts inside are masconfigured? The shooter wire attaches to a plastic flap that would never get actuated in its current position. Maybe its upside down or backward? I'll see if I can get a closeup of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OMG, I think I figured it out! Thanks to the comment about the spring being attached to the wrong point. I searched for photos of other Daiichi machines, and found that they all use similar shooter mechanisms. I noticed from another image a few years back, that there was a wire that pulls on the loader lever when you pull back the shooter lever. That causes the ball to rise up, then fall in the slot after you release the shooting lever. Genius!

Whomever owned the machine before me used the pull wire to attach the spring. So, I moved the spring to the correct attachment point (that I did not see or know existed) and bent the pull wire around a bit, and BOOM! Now she works!! Might need a bit of tuning on the actual bend of the wire, but I had a dozen successful shoot-then-load scenarios in a row.

This board is awesome! Glad everyone takes time to add a photo. Really does speak 1000 words.

here is my handywork.

IMG_2817.JPG

And, for my next trick -- getting the lights to work!!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to sKr0d

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sKr0d View Post
    Thanks for the comment on the shooter wire. I moved it to a push position, but I never see it getting actuated. e.g. when I launch a ball, nothing triggers the wire to push the lever to move a ball into launch position. Maybe the plastic parts inside are masconfigured? The shooter wire attaches to a plastic flap that would never get actuated in its current position. Maybe its upside down or backward? I'll see if I can get a closeup of it.
    That arm and wire get actuated if you have enough balls in the payout tray.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to machgo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sKr0d View Post
    this wire set up is for parlor use..

if a player is winning.. winning allot, the front top tray will fill up.. once balls back up into the machine they are diverted/overflow to the bottom (front) tray.. if they keep winning balls will back up inside the machine.. once balls back up into the machine they will push that lever and deactivate the shooter..

hope that makes sense..

congrats on getting it working

lights are simple.. think of them as a loop battery to the fuse, fuse to the switch, switch to the bulb. bulb to the battery..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I just need to start winning more to see it in action!

I can only find three electrical connections on the top in the white connector. I assumed there would be two. One for positive and one for negative. Without tearing it apart, is there a good way to know where I connect the battery? And, what the third, mysterious connection might be? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi - here is an explanation of the electrical and the 3 terminals, hope this helps: http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...electrical.htm

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to middleway

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS