Thread: Dice wont stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dice wont stop

I reinstalled the new dice cup in the dragon dice. When it went to the big n small game the dice wouldn't stop. I had to shut off machine to get them to stop. Then I played it again and hit three blue sevens. The game started again but as before wouldn't stop. They stayed spinning all the way though the big bonus. At the end of the bonus they still stayed spinning but without the sound that is made when they spin. had to shut off machine again to stop them. There is a red LED on the back of each cup they stay lit all the time.
    Anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dice wont stop

It has been a long time that I worked on the DD. I forgot the LED lights mean that the tab is not positioned in the sensor.
    from an old post of Birdbrain.

actually what you have to do is insure the tab that breaks the sensor on the back is fully in the sensor and pop the gear loose and rotate the die so the single 'spot' is in the front and snap it back into place. that pretty much sums it up.
    ps: also make sure the plug is on correct as there is one extra pin on the male side and if you plug it in with the female in the incorrect position your miserable for a long time till you figure it out.

I realigned the dice. I will have to play it to see if this was the problem. If you think it may be something else please let me know.

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can actually check the sensor positioning by turning DD off and then restarting. On each startup the dice rotate until the "snake eyes" face forward. At that point, both red LED's should be off if the alignment is properly set.
    Alladin II Evolution, Doronjiyo, Dragon Dice, Exhaust, Gamera HGV, George K, GoGo Juggler, Lord of the Rings, Las Vegas, Mumu World DX, Neo Magic Pulsar, Neo Pharaoh Zetz, Onimusha 3, Popeye, Raizouden, Sindbad Adventure, Spiderman 2, Spin Luck, Star Wars, Super Black Jack, Tekken, Twist

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to flyboy577

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is the way it is now. I will just have to play it to see if everything works properly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the problem isn't solved, the next apparent thing to check would be the connectors to the board mounted on the left side or the cabinet (top board) which appears to contain the stepper motor drivers and probably the sensor logic. If it is the connectors then it's not a big problem however if it's the board itself, then it is "bad news". That board also contains two connectors which go to the motherboard (top right motherboard, and bottom center mothrtboard). Again, if it's a connector that isn't properly seated it would be "good news". If it's the motherboard it is a catastrophe.
    If necessary, I would be willing to try to duplicate the problem on one of my DD's by sequentially removing a single connector at a time to try to duplicate the problem. Of course that would take some time because in each case you would have to play until you got a bonus.
    Last edited by flyboy577; 01-28-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: need to add comment
    Alladin II Evolution, Doronjiyo, Dragon Dice, Exhaust, Gamera HGV, George K, GoGo Juggler, Lord of the Rings, Las Vegas, Mumu World DX, Neo Magic Pulsar, Neo Pharaoh Zetz, Onimusha 3, Popeye, Raizouden, Sindbad Adventure, Spiderman 2, Spin Luck, Star Wars, Super Black Jack, Tekken, Twist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a suggestion...

Try swapping the Dice positions and see if the problem migrates to the other side. If it does it's a Die problem. If not then either a connection problem or board problem.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

10. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was under the impression from th original post that the problem was on both sides. Perhaps Lazarus can clarify that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to play one game and the dice seamed to work correctly, so I think I have it working. Thanks for the help.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus