Thread: No sound on my Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default No sound on my Pachinko

Two months ago I put my SW pachinko into storage in my spare room whilst we repainted most of the house downstairs. It was put into a corner and covered with a sheet to protect it from dust etc.

Anyway now that Christmas is over I decided to bring the SW machine back downstairs and set it up.

Well, when I first switched it on I was a bit shocked as it didn't work at all... period. The screen was blank, all but for a fine horizontal line flicking on and off about once every two seconds. The lights on the machine would flash for about 1/2 a second every now and then. The R2D2 figure would keep rotating its head left and right continuously.

I tried to reset the machine with the reset button (back/lower left). No joy. I tried a hard reset with the same switch... nothing.

The machine came to life after over a period of about 10 minutes of me switching the main power of and on about a dozen times. It seems to come on as normal now, screen/video working, lights seem to be normal. However, now there is no sound.

If I pump the volume up to the max, I can hear the hum of the speakers and "something" going on. Here is a link to a recording (81K MP3) of the sound coming out of the speakers:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/shiver.419/swp.mp3

The louder parts of the hum appear to coincide with some of the lights flashing on and off.

I don't know if it is any clue, but the LED display in the bottom-middle of the rear of the machine is showing "7".

I'm not too technical, so if anyone has any ideas please speak in idiot talk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: No sound on my Pachinko

Have you tried Re seating all the connections..

Un plug and plug them back in?

Maybe something has come loose during storage and unstoring process etc

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you tried putting any ball in the start pocket? Pachinkos do not make noise until balls go into a pocket. Hope you get it working.
    and a few others.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok the number 7 on the display is telling you that you are out of balls in the payout hopper the hum is the transformer interfearing with the speakers its called mains hum and you are right it dose coinside with the lights as every time it dims or brightens a set of bulbs you will here the hum but if yo ucan here the hum the amp circuet is conected to the speakers and is working

the wobbling of R2D2 and strange / blank display is normal from a cold starwars machine as they seem to be real temprichur sensative (the only one) the only thing i can sugest is fill the ball hopper do a reset then drop a ball by hand through the start pocket and see if you get sound

sounds stupid did you use the machine befor storing it or did you unpack it after delivery and then store it if so bare in mind there is no sound while in attract mode untill the first ball gose through the start pocket
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the advice. I'll try your suggestions when I get home from work and report back later.

By the way, in answer to your question drcrippen, yes, the machine was fully working (sound as well) before I put it away.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok the other thing to try is take a peace of wire and jumper it from one pin to the other on the volume controles to short the volume out so as it joins the 2 cut speaker wires and renders the volume usles for a second see if you get sound then as i have known the volume controles on a lumina frame to short out as they are real loud

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone for their help. I tried the suggestion of refitting all the plugs and now the machine appears to be working perfectly. Phew!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to apokalypse

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no probs thats what we are here for usuly if you move a pachinko more tan once or it has a rough ride in transit then you can guarentee a plug will pop out