Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed - Heiwa Lupin the 3rd continuous callout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help needed - Heiwa Lupin the 3rd continuous callout

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to Pachinko - I started with an battered but workable (and ridiculously overpriced) Nishijin Model B a while ago and now added an Heiwa Lupin the 3rd to it.
    They are pretty rare here in Germany so seeing one for sale is not an everyday occurrence. Even less so if I don't want to drive through half of the country to fetch it.

My Lupin 3rd worked for a few weeks w/o problems. Then I switched the power supply because the one I got with it annoyed me - it had an pretty loud fan.
    It had a fan because it was an 24V 8A DC unit - and there was no way not to notice that big label saying "24V AC" on the cable connected to it.

The transformer I'm using now has 24V 200VA AC which should be plenty but I failed to ground it at first - so the ball shooter stopped working. Thanks to this forum I found the reason for the not working ball shooter but I think I messed something else up while searching for the error.

Most likely I messed up something up with the payout mechanism because the machine doesn't seem to pay out any balls anymore. I've got something that I think was a fever in the meantime so I think it should.
    I've got about 500 pachinko balls but no ball reservoir or ball lifter. The top hopper is as full as it can be and I have gotten some payouts before.

What I've tried so far:
    - A reset by pressing the reset button next to the power switch inside the cabinet for a few seconds while powering it up.
    - Drained all balls, checked the payout mechanism.
    - Checked the fuses I found, all two of them
    - Found out how to get access to various parts of the machine which didn't help so far with resolving the problem. At least I didn't introduce any other.

Sadly my Japanese language skills are completely nonexistent. There are 9 status LEDs in the machine, it would be very helpful to have an translation for them:

leds.middle.jpg

I turned the power off for this picture to get better picture quality, status for those LEDs is: LED1: off - LED2: on - LED3: on LED4: on LED5: on

LEDs lower.jpg

Status for those is: LED1: on - LED2: off - LED3: off - LED4 - off

Top hopper.jpgTop 2.jpgfull.jpg

I might be able to get an translation for that call out from an Japanese coworker this week - but it probably just says that there is an problem. Can you give me some advice what might be wrong is there some other reset button I haven't found yet?
    Also I'm looking for an manual. I know it's in Japanese. I hope it has pictures

Thank you in advance

--SC

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Sir Cheddar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help needed - Heiwa Lupin the 3rd continuous callout

im not much help on the modern machines.. but someone will be along shortly to offer help..

of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are many Lupin III models by Heiwa, I'm guessing this is the one with a Lupin face on the right hand side of the playing field and a gun on the left. I have this one but currently have the Southen Raised cel in it.

Are you getting reel spins when you put a ball in the start pocket.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your welcome Mopar!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    There are many Lupin III models by Heiwa, I'm guessing this is the one with a Lupin face on the right hand side of the playing field and a gun on the left. I have this one but currently have the Southen Raised cel in it.

Are you getting reel spins when you put a ball in the start pocket.
    Eh, taking a closer look at it quite obviously it is a Lupin III Zenigata version. Here is a picture, sorry for the quality:

front.jpg

The start pocket is the one with the tulip? I get music playing and a reel spin directly when I place a ball there, the same with the one above it.
    For the other 3 I don't see any effect.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah ok, it's a slightly older one then, although the payout assembly looks similar to the lupinasu frame that doesn't have the full sized screen. I'll have a look at my Heiwas when I get home. You can check to make sure you can turn the knob on the payout assembly as in your 4th picture.

are they any messages displayed in bold text in Japanese on the front? and maybe a voice saying something over and over?
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 04-14-2015 at 02:44 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No messages on the screen but yes, a voice is saying something over and over. The drain button for the lower ball drain (below the action button) is blinking red. I think I've heard the same callout when the lower tray was full during a payout but since I lack any Japanese skills I might be wrong.

I can turn the knob clockwise as indicated by the arrow on it. The cogs in the contraption behind it move with it. It does nothing much besides shaking up the balls in the payout mechanism a bit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well... don't have a translation for all of them - but one is easy - LED4 (払出エラー) - Payout error - if that one's on, then the payout mechanism/motor may be jammed. Not too familiar with the frame so I don't know where it is or how to get into it... but look for something slipping in there? Screw? Paper? old skittle?
    Woof!

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LED 1 - Power
    LED 2 - Out of Balls
    LED 3 - Payout Error
    LED 4 - Ball Loan System Error

The payout problem is probably that the payout motor has shifted sideways a little bit, it's very common problem with this frame (Heiwa Kabuto).

There's a square white button on the top of the upper ball tray on the back of the machine. Press this down (if it wont press down there's often a little peg next to it that need to be pulled out) and the payout motor will slide to the right to empty the ball tray (put a tray under the back of the machine to catch the balls before you do this!). Slide the payout motor back to the left until it clicks home, and everything should work fine.

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the input guys.
    I drained the top hopper with the white button and pushed the payout assembly back to the right again till it snapped in. Then I removed the black payout part with the knob (it is easy removable without using any tools) and made sure there is nothing stuck. If I turn the knob all cogs in the assembly behind it move so I think I put it right on again.
    The voice didn't stop looping, sadly

About those LEDs - Dave, I suppose you translated those in the lower picture?

Lets see, LED2 on the lower picture and LED3 on the upper picture are both "ouf of balls". LED3 upper is on, LED2 lower works as it should, its only lit when the top hopper is empty.

LED5 upper picture and LED3 lower is both payout error (thanks, Chumsize). The upper LED5 shows an error the lower LED3 does not.

LED1 lower - Power - is on. Is it supposed to be on? Would make sense since it shouldn't be on when the power is off

When I switch on the machine I see nothing moving at the payout assembly during the short initialization sequence. Shouldn't there move anything?
    Instead the machine starts signaling an error instantly - maybe an broken switch?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the voice say something like

tama a o ku da sai
    (very bad phonetics)
    the phrase varies from machine to machine.

But it it means the machine thinks the lower payout tray is full and asking for it to be emptied, this will trigger (some machines) a spoken warning and stop further payouts
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my Galaxy Train pachinko used to do that

have you tried doing a full reset, there should be a reset button in the back, usually by the on/off switch.

hold it in while powering on the machine
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the voice say something like

tama a o ku da sai
    (very bad phonetics)
    the phrase varies from machine to machine.

But it it means the machine thinks the lower payout tray is full and asking for it to be emptied, this will trigger (some machines) a spoken warning and stop further payouts
    It sounds somewhat different at the end, but I also have a feeling the machine thinks the lower tray is full. I had this warning a few times as it still paid out and I think it sound the same.
    I hope I'll be able to hunt down an Japanese coworker tomorrow for an translation.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    my Galaxy Train pachinko used to do that

have you tried doing a full reset, there should be a reset button in the back, usually by the on/off switch.

hold it in while powering on the machine
    Doesn't work sadly. The machine does reset, a voice says so (at least I'm pretty positive it does), it plays a start sound, then the machine continues without pause with the callout I'm constantly receiving.
    The LEDs keep their status.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pop open the front glass and swing open the bottom section and check the sensor, then trace the wiring back to the main processor.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Top Pic

1 賞球払出超過 Prize ball payout excess

2 扉開放 Door open

3 払出路球切れ Payout line ball out

4 満夕ソ

5 払出エラー  Payout error

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pop open the front glass and swing open the bottom section and check the sensor, then trace the wiring back to the main processor.
    The bottom section looks good but I can't find the sensor. I know it must be there because I saw it in action before but I can't find it.
    It's nice how they protect the payout chute and the ball tray from draining all balls when you open that section

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to get a translation of that Japanese voice today, which in turn translates to "please empty the bag" or "please empty the pouch" so probably, as Drunkenclam assumed, the machine does think the payout tray is full. I had found the switch in that tray in the meantime and traced it to the next circuit board but didn't find anything wrong with it, the voice didn't go away when I disconnected the switch either.
    Today, before switching the machine on I checked every connector in the area, one of them seemed a little loose. After turning the pachinko on the voice was gone and all LEDs where off except for "power" and "door open"

So far the Japanese voice stopped complaining, but I fed a few balls to the side pockets which, as far as I know, should trigger a payout of a few balls. This didn't happen and LED3 - 払出路球切れ Payout line ball out - is burning again.

For now I'm happy that I got rid of the continuous voice, and I hope it stays gone. I will take another look at the payout mechanism and keep you posted.

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Sir Cheddar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like your heading in the right direction. It is also worth while just checking the lower tray sensor is working by activating/ blocking the lower tray sensor, to confirm the voice comes back.

Also worthwhile checking the sensor/switch in the ball tank that detects if there are enough balls available to payout.
    Ian #UKPachinko

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good call. The latter I did, the former I didn't check yet. Thank you!

Edit: Yes it does. And it's the same call. So that confirms that it wanted the lower tray emptied.
    Last edited by Sir Cheddar; 04-28-2015 at 06:40 PM.

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Sir Cheddar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is always a good idea to always use the start pocket in the middle when testing for payouts as you get the visual image on the screen confirming that the sensor is working , the side pockets just trigger a payout.
    Ian #UKPachinko

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is always a good idea to always use the start pocket in the middle when testing for payouts as you get the visual image on the screen confirming that the sensor is working , the side pockets just trigger a payout.
    So the start pocket should give an guaranteed payout on top of an reel spin? That would confirm what I'm beginning to suspect, that the payout mechanism never worked right since I got the machine but only triggered a couple of times with an huge backlog.
    It's even possible it was malfunctioning before I got it. The people I bought it from are trustworthy and know lots about pins but close to nothing about pachinkos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast