Thread: Comet II- A Gelding- Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Comet II- A Gelding- Help!

Hi (New to the site)

I recently acquired Sanyo Bussan Three Ocean pachinko, got it home, and to my horror there was no back to it at all. I didn't even think to check, I had a pachinko in the seventies with no such issue. Does anyone know how to get the complete back mechanisms as a whole, or where to find a part machine, or just a rebuild from scratch?

Info:

Sanyo Bussan Co. Ltd
    239-4
    Three Ocean
    Ultora
    NYK
    Comet II according to cardwwi

Will send pics upon request

TVSavage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Comet II- A Gelding- Help!

Hello,

first of all welcome to PachTalk!!

oh dear, now about your pachinko, when you say there is no back mechanisms, do you mean nothing at all?? or that some of the main parts are missing??

If you could post some pics to the thread, it would help the members offer advice on what is missing,

if you are unsure how to post pics, this link will explain How to Post Pictures!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi- Thanks for replying. Here are the pics:001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg006.jpg005.jpg002.jpg

Please forgive the form, but as you can see it is a fine looking pachinko. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. TVSavage

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TVSavage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and to the pachinko hobby! We are happy to have you as a member of our forum!

That is a very colorful and interesting Comet II machine you have, but unfortunately it looks like someone used it as a parts machine then sold it off. I have repaired and rebuilt many vintage pachinko machines over the years, and the best advice I can offer is to cut your losses on this machine and look for another one, unless someone from PachiTalk steps up to offer you replacement parts. There are other members here with Comet II machines that are missing only a few important parts, and they have been searching for replacements for some time. You could search ebay and Craigslist for another Comet II machine and perform a transplant (as someone probably did with the one you have), but many who attempt this solution find it difficult to steal parts from a working machine to fix another (I know - I was one of those people!).

Anyhow, my recommendation is to cut you loss and search for another machine in working order. It's hard to give up on such a cool looking machine, but I think you will be happier in the long run.

Again, welcome to the Pachi Family!! Please come back and post often!!

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 07-15-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is very sad. I just finished a full restore including playfield graphics on a comet II and it looks georgous... except for some stupid reason I never noticed that the lights and wires were not there. Trying to find just the original wiring "harness" has proven difficult. Sure, I can just wire it up with aftermarket replacement stuff, but then its not really original anymore. Most people are not that much of a stickler for originality, but, I am weird that way.

You however have been dealt a very bad hand. You either have a piece of decorative art, or a parts machine. Horrible introduction to pachinko machines. I hope this experience does not sour you on the hobby.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have one like that. The rear just comes right off with about 5 thumb screws two that secure it into the lower pocket. So good news is the back is all one piece, but like everyone else has said it will be hard to find. Maybe you can find a similar machine with a damaged cell but the rear intact. Happy hunting, and go find another machine to get your collection going!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. You machine is sadly only for parts because it is really tough trying to find a back. Though I might be interested in some parts on that machine if you would be willing to sell parts of it off (but I'd have to check to see if I can use them first). What you should do is try to find another machine. There really is know point with trying to save this one. But like Jeff said hang onto this one because you might need some parts off of it to use on another machine that you buy.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

Great looking machine.. looks like some one tryed to make it work with out the back parts.. looks like there is a funnel to dirrect the balls to the bottom reward tray..

to badd about the missing parts... hope ya hang around and get another machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Vintage Pachinko Slot Machine (Sanyo) | eBay
    Heres a comet 2 machine for sale. Im trying to restore one myself but the front has quite some abuse but you machine just needs internals so this is probaly your machine.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Firesting

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Sorry to hear about your problem, looks like the one Firesting posted will see you good, Still only $5 at the moment plus shipping.
    Would give you a nice weekend project
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good News All- I just acquired another Comet II with all the parts, and I've been making one out of the two. Very good results coming style wise. The few problems- won't payout: The balance lever wont reset, and won't pay if it was. Also, need power supply for the lighting: it has a three prong connection: could go either battery or ac. Also, broke ashtray prong- need replacement, and also a red trim for the bottom. Pictures included. Thanks alot. Kirk007.jpg008.jpg010.jpg011.jpg006.jpg

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to TVSavage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In picture 3, the jackpot / pay-off actuator is down and needs to be reset (up) to jackpot. Can't tell if the reset wire is there and in correct postition- can't see in picture. In picture 4, the white tear drop shape plastic piece is up and should be straight down, it prevents pachinko balls from piling up. Also looks like there are not enough balls in the top tray, the pay off locking devices look to be fully down.

Are pachinko balls not going all the way through the machine?
    Last edited by CarlW; 08-10-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Edit
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

18. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW