Thread: Nice Looking Old Single Shot Conversion

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nice Looking Old Single Shot Conversion

Here is a nice looking Ginza with multi shot.. Looks complete to me, but I don't know vintage stuff!! Has three holes bottom left and a bit pricey $546 BIN, but there is a Make Offer!!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-195...wAAOSwaRhgQ735

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nice Looking Old Single Shot Conversion

oooo this one is BEST QUALITY you say?

any idea what the 3 holes in the frame are for in the bottom left of the front wood?

as always thanks MrGneiss for uploading the high res photos so they'll always be here for reference.
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe it used to have a lifter

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wondered about the ball lifter possibility as well...I don't think so. my 1952 (no brand name that I recognize) has a ball lifter and the lift tube goes through the top tray. Not to say that another manufacturer would do it another way. It would have had a complex ball catch tray that feeds the balls single file to the ball lifter. It could have had one before. A piece of wood is added to the back for some reason.
    This machine is not a single ball conversion, but a front overflow. on a single ball conversion...the balls would fall to the lower tray, then hand transferred to the added on top tray. This machine has no provision for balls to fall to the lower tray. From the pic of the back, you can see that wins are dumper directly to the top tray.Looks like when the top front tray is full, you must slide the lever to transfer the balls to the lower tray to make room, as there appears to have no way to do it internally.
    I would love to have it...but even stimulus money can't tempt me to pay $546 plus shipping. Not that it is overpriced. These types don't pop up that often...and always do well. I did good on my 1952 with ball lifter...I think I paid about $250 for it!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info!! Even after all these years I still know too little about vintages!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I wondered about the ball lifter possibility as well...I don't think so. my 1952 (no brand name that I recognize) has a ball lifter and the lift tube goes through the top tray. Not to say that another manufacturer would do it another way. It would have had a complex ball catch tray that feeds the balls single file to the ball lifter. It could have had one before. A piece of wood is added to the back for some reason.
    This machine is not a single ball conversion, but a front overflow. on a single ball conversion...the balls would fall to the lower tray, then hand transferred to the added on top tray. This machine has no provision for balls to fall to the lower tray. From the pic of the back, you can see that wins are dumper directly to the top tray.Looks like when the top front tray is full, you must slide the lever to transfer the balls to the lower tray to make room, as there appears to have no way to do it internally.
    I would love to have it...but even stimulus money can't tempt me to pay $546 plus shipping. Not that it is overpriced. These types don't pop up that often...and always do well. I did good on my 1952 with ball lifter...I think I paid about $250 for it!

I really want a single shot with a rotary ball lifter some day!
    Did they only make those ones with the manual ball lifters in the early-mid 1950s?

I also prefer single shots that are in the 1960s and have mechanical tulips, but I don't think those two features ever coincided, but I'd love to be proved wrong
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Thanks for the info!! Even after all these years I still know too little about vintages!!
    I already know that you are more modern than vintage. Yet you still post ALL machines you find interesting...vintage and modern alike. I LOVE IT! The picture used for this illustration is from a listing that you posted...and led to me buying my oldest pachinko! https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...52+ball+lifter

12. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like this one sold for the $546 BIN!!