Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Sankyo is This?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile What Kind of Sankyo is This?

Hello! I'm Aozame and I'm new to the world of Pachinko. My father found a beat-up, vintage pachinko machine at a garage sale and thought I would like it, so he bought it and gave it to me as a gift. I'm really excited to begin repairing and restoring it, but after taking a thorough look at the machine, I'm realizing that it might be a lot more work than I had anticipated...

It's in bad shape. It's covered in dirt, the front door is a bit rusty, the plexiglass is garbage, the tray at the top (to hold all of the balls) is completely broken, and the electrical wiring looks like it needs some work. This is my first machine, and while I know how to play Pachinko, I'm not entirely sure how they work.

Also, even after scouring the internet for clues, I really have no idea what kind of Pachinko machine I have. I know it's by Sankyo, but the name of the company is about the only think written in English on the whole machine. There are still a lot of Japanese stickers on the back, but I can't read them.

I'll try to get a picture of it up here, but for now, I guess I'll just describe it. It seems to have an archer theme. There's a male archer and a female archer and arrows and targets all over the place. Is anyone familiar with that design? Is there any telltale signs on the stickers that might help me find out more about it?

Thanks again for the help!

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What Kind of Sankyo is This?

Pictures are the best! Both front and back. There is a small sticker or two, usually in the lower right corner that can help us tell you what year it is. And if it helps any... here is my most recent pachinko...single ball spiderman 006.jpg It is gonna need a lot of work. Just post some pics, and we can help you out! And to Pachitalk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where are ya located at.. we have a few Cali members that are always willing to help..

of course pics are a must around hear...

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

--> WELCOME TO PACHITALK <--

Yes... pictures pictures pictures!
    It may take a lot of work, but I think that if all the parts are there it's likely doable.

There's nothing like the satisfaction of getting your first machine refurbished/rebuilt.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, so, I was able to get the numbers from the expiration sticker to determine the year. It's a 1979 Sankyo. I spent all afternoon cleaning it bit by bit. As an added bonus, I was able to get the shooting mechanism to work after tinkering around with it. I noticed that the balls weren't being fed into the part where the hammer thing shoots them up, but after studying how it moves a bit, I got it working. Now that's a damn good feeling.

Here are a few pictures I took. The front:

DSC00523.jpg

A closer look:

DSC00524.jpg DSC00525.jpg

And here's the back. You can see that the tray for all of the balls is missing. I removed it, since it was pretty much destroyed:

DSC00528.jpg

All of these pictures were taken before I started taking it apart and cleaning it. The plastic parts look a lot more clear now, and I got all of those pesky pachinko balls that were stuck out of there. I'm also very thankful that it's not missing any tulips or spinners.

Overall, I don't think it's in impossibly awful shape. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to get her back up to par. It was really motivating actually playing it earlier, after I got it working. I can't imagine how long it had been since anyone actually played it. It was surprisingly fun! And I think it was even more fun knowing that I had been the one to make it work.

There is one thing that I noticed that's bugging me a bit. I really don't know how the center jackpot-like thing works. When a ball falls in there, it gets placed in this little part and stays there. I think there's something missing or not set up correctly. I know which lever has to move to get the ball out of there, but I don't know how to get the mechanics to work properly. Here's a picture:

DSC00537.jpg

It's that little blue piece and the white lever above it. Only when I hold the white lever up is the blue piece able to move fully and release the pachinko ball from that center... thingy. (Sorry for my lack of technical terms. ) Does anyone here notice anything that doesn't look right?

Thanks in advance for all the help, and thanks for the warm welcome!

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry to tell ya it looks like the rod that trips the jackpot mech might be missing... or it might have jsut fallen down..

take a min and watch the vid in this post and see if it helps ya

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_0201.jpgI used a bread baking pan on one of my machines that was missing the top ball tray. Cut a hole in the bottom corner and screwed in onto the back of the machine. Cheap and easy fix.

WELCOME TO PACHITALK!
    Last edited by pachinkojeff; 01-13-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: ADD PIC
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    sorry to tell ya it looks like the rod that trips the jackpot mech might be missing... or it might have jsut fallen down..

take a min and watch the vid in this post and see if it helps ya

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

That actually did help a lot, thanks!

Those two little white arm things are probably getting in the way because I don't actually have enough balls to hold them down properly. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, since I neither have enough pachinko balls nor the tray to hold them. I'll just see if I can find a replacement part and order some pachinko balls while I continue to clean my machine.

More on that missing rod, though, I think I know what you're talking about. I noticed that little notch and the metal covering and figured there must be something that's suppose to go there. Do you think that's something I could order? Or will I have to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojeff View Post
    I used a bread baking pan on one of my machines that was missing the top ball tray. Cut a hole in the bottom corner and screwed in onto the back of the machine. Cheap and easy fix.

WELCOME TO PACHITALK!
    Oh wow, that's brilliant! Thanks!
    Last edited by Aozame32; 01-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Aozame32 View Post

More on that missing rod, though, I think I know what you're talking about. I noticed that little notch and the metal covering and figured there must be something that's suppose to go there. Do you think that's something I could order? Or will I have to make it?

Sorry I really have no clue about what you 2 are talking about. But I can tell you this... You can't order any parts. You either have to make them yourself or buy another machine and use it for parts (kinda pointless if you only need one part)

Oh and to Pachitalk!

California is a pretty big state. I helps to tell a city that is close by.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 01-13-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

100 machines and counting...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok how to describe it...

the ball passes threw the jackpot seesaw and then fall onto the payout arm/seesaw.. that arm / seesaw pushes the rod up (this rod is missing or has droped) the rod flips the lever that pivots near the center and that pivot point opens and closes the jackpot arm..

make sense..

its hard to se in the pics but is the missing rod still there?? as for buying it.. probably not gona happen.. your going to have to get creative with some allthread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Sorry I really have no clue about what you 2 are talking about. But I can tell you this... You can't order any parts. You either have to make them yourself or buy another machine and use it for parts (kinda pointless if you only need one part)
    I figured that would be the case. No worries, though! It would be boring if everything was working perfectly. I'll figure something out.

California is a pretty big state. I helps to tell a city that is close by.
    Yeah, I was going to add that into my first post, but I guess there's a time limit for editing. I live in Temecula, about an hour north of San Diego.

ok how to describe it...

the ball passes threw the jackpot seesaw and then fall onto the payout arm/seesaw.. that arm / seesaw pushes the rod up (this rod is missing or has droped) the rod flips the lever that pivots near the center and that pivot point opens and closes the jackpot arm..

make sense..

its hard to se in the pics but is the missing rod still there?? as for buying it.. probably not gona happen.. your going to have to get creative with some allthread
    I'd have to take the metal cover off to see if the rod is in there. I still have a lot of ground to cover in exploring this strange machine. I'll be sure to check. If it's not there and I need to craft a makeshift rod, do you have a reference I could use? I'm not really sure what it's suppose to look like.

Thanks again!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd just like to say that you have a very beautiful machine there with great restore potential. Your playfield cell doesn't look yellowed which make it look great. Imagine shiny brass pins...
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

20. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I was going to add that into my first post, but I guess there's a time limit for editing. I live in Temecula, about an hour north of San Diego.
    Not too far away. My grandparents use to live out there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFury View Post
    I'd just like to say that you have a very beautiful machine there with great restore potential. Your playfield cell doesn't look yellowed which make it look great. Imagine shiny brass pins...
    Hey thanks, man! Yeah, I love the design. I wasn't so sure about the condition of the playfield until I took the cruddy plexiglass out. The colors still pop.

Not too far away. My grandparents use to live out there.
    It's a nice place to live! I can literally walk to the local wineries.

Well, I took another look at the machine today. Luckily for me, the rod thing that was missing actually wasn't missing at all. It had just fallen down. (Phew!) I still have no idea how it works, though. Here's some pictures:

Back-rod.jpg

I put the rod back in place. It looks like I'll have to secure it there with a small bolt or something. What puzzles me is what's suppose to happen at the other end. The rod goes into this plastic chamber below that, and I don't know what's suppose to go in there. I don't even know how to access the thing. It's filled with a couple washers, a little piece of metal, and dirt. Lots of dirt.

Back-lowerchamber.jpg

I can just tell that I must be missing a lot in there. I sure hope it won't be hard to reproduce. Anyone know how I can get in there so I can clean it? Any idea what those two small washers and that little metal thing might go to? Also, what goes on the end of that rod? It looks like something might screw onto it or something. (Sorry for all the questions. You guys are just so knowledgeable.)

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your going to have to start taking screws out and working your way in there... i was hoping the rod was there but it sux if the payout arm is the part missing.. replacing the rod would have been easier...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay now I see what you two were talking about. I can't believe I didn't notice that.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your going to have to start taking screws out and working your way in there... i was hoping the rod was there but it sux if the payout arm is the part missing.. replacing the rod would have been easier...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Just my luck that the more difficult piece is missing... Anyone have any idea on what the missing payout arm is suppose to look like? I've found a picture of what everything's suppose to look like on the outside, but it's hard to see the complete part with all the plastic coverings.

I'm starting to wonder how the hell the thing could have gone missing in the first place. Especially considering all of the plastic covers are still in tact. Maybe this machine was used for spare parts? It's hard to say.

Oh well. All that matters now is that I'm determined to fix it.

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh well. All that matters now is that I'm determined to fix it.
    Don't give up! Persistence pays off! I've found that if you can fix a pachinko, you can fix just about anything!
    Yukamin Zaki

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

1st Welcome to The Site That Never Closes I have not seen that particular Sankyo vintage pachinko model before so you will be giving this Community here some great insights to this fantastic looking pachinko machine !!

I do hope that when you get this beauty fully working that you will make a youtube video of it and post the video link here on Your Thread .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone have any idea on what the missing payout arm is suppose to look like? I've found a picture of what everything's suppose to look like on the outside, but it's hard to see the complete part with all the plastic coverings.
    Does this picture help? It's from a Sankyo power tulips. It has a panel that I removed to take the picture. It also has a microswitch that your machine wouldn't have.IMG_0205.jpg
    Yukamin Zaki

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast