Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Part Nishijin Model C I think Clear plastic ball loader assy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need Part Nishijin Model C I think Clear plastic ball loader assy

Hello all I recently acquired a Nishijin Model C "Z" Gull And the clear plastic cantilever device that the ball shooter presses on to load a ball into the shooter lane is missing. I have pics of one I believe will work from a working Nishijin Model C (only diff between games is a three socket plug for power?)
    I have many parts to trade for the part I need, thanks to a donation from a super nice guy in Aurora named David. Correct me if I'm wrong about anything. Not sure of nomenclature.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Part Nishijin Model C I think Clear plastic ball loader assy

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a C in the attic that believe is the same type machine. I'll check and see what part you are referring to.
    If mine matches, I'll take on the task of reproducing it and generate a 3D printed version for you.

I just reproduced parts with the same function for a different series of machines recently.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well thank you. I have seen your generosity before throughout this forum. I was given many parts from this older salty Pachinko dude, nice guy.....if you need anything let me know.
    I am anxious to see if the 3D part(s) will work! And if anybody has the original clear plastic assembly along with the "c" ring retainer I'm still interested. I will post a picture of the parts I was gifted in the future....(busy as all get out with Holidays).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Thats great! I appreciate your help and have seen your generosity throughout this forum. I will be listing/showing pics of parts I was gifted from this old salty Pachinko guy, super nice guy. I'm anxious to see if a 3D printed part will work! Also if anybody has the original clear plastic assembly I'm still interested in that as well....I have parts to trade. Will get pics up as soon as I can (holidays).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the double post. Noob.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No problem. But I need some time. Big family get together for the weekend at my house stating tomorrow. I won't get a chance to start on anything until early next week. I have the long brown part that covers the gap as well in a parts box.
    Unknown on the rebound bumper, but maybe.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pulled the machine down and see the part you need. No more difficult than the same part I made for a Sankyo, so I'll start on it today and post progress.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No Hurry at all. I appreciate your time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is my one and only C model. Bought from a young couple in an apartment complex for $15

NishijinC.jpg I have mixed feelings on it, it's in nice condition, but the large hole in the middle of the playfield is a little unusual. NishijinCcenter.jpg

I guess balls that fall from the top to the bottom are supposed to represent comets..?

Nishijin C load lever version 1 drawn and ready for first print

Nishijinloadlever.jpg

Next up, the front plate and pivot shaft
    NishijinCpivot.jpg

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So cool!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Space theme on the machine with a bouquet of flowers
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Space theme on the machine with a bouquet of flowers
    I was wondering more about what you interpret the molding of the plastic piece around the center hole to represent?
    The yellow and purple and orange "stuff".

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the load lever is a final design that is virtually identical to the original other than not being perfectly clear. Haven't quite accomplished that clarity with my printed parts yet....Not even sure it's possible.
    Part is made with "transparent" PETG filament, so it has a good degree of flexibility to withstand rough handling.

Nishijinloadlever2.jpg

I've finished the front plate w/ shaft for the load lever to go on as well. I've used a cut off double headed nail that is just barely smaller than the diameter of the 3mm shaft on the original.
    Instead of a brass shaft and a clip, there is an interference fit with the nail. You have difficulty pulling it out of the mounting plate boss with your fingers, but it comes out readily with a pair of pliers.
    Here are the two parts assembled. I have some brass rod coming tomorrow for some experimenting with trying to be more like the original part. Not sure if I can cut a snap ring groove though, and the nail method works pretty good.

NishijinCloadleverandplate.jpg

Here it is in place and then the original for comparison

NishijinCloadlevermountingplate.jpgNishijinCpivot.jpg

When you mount the front plate to the machine there is an adjustment slot for setting the height of the pin on the load lever.
    To adjust properly, close the front door slowly until just before contact with the pin. They should be in line with each other, or the pin just slightly higher.
    The end of the pin is beveled, and the shooter arm in white has a curved upper edge to allow the two parts to engage properly when the door is closed.

NishijinCloaderalignment.jpg

Then confirm that the top of the load lever is not hitting the wood above it, and that the wire on the shooter arm is behind the load lever (actually applies to both wires)

NishijinCloadleverinplace.jpg Nishijinloadleverwires.jpg

I've been using the two pieces on my machine and they work fine.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turns out I did not have that long gap cover, but it fits on the big 3D printer so I'm going to see what I can do.

NishijinCgapcover.jpg

The rubber bumper mount that is missing is a metal bracket. I will try a 3D version and see if it is substantial enough to be used.
    NishijinCbumperbracket.jpg

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SibSr View Post
    I was wondering more about what you interpret the molding of the plastic piece around the center hole to represent?
    The yellow and purple and orange "stuff".
    It looks like it makes the pachinko balls as meteors smashing into Earth's Moon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    It looks like it makes the pachinko balls as meteors smashing into Earth's Moon.
    That seems like a good take on it

24. The following user says "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I checked and found that the gap plate on the C model is the same as a B model, so that covers a lot of machines.
    Sounds like a good justification for making a 3D model of it. The drawing has been started and a first draft print is coming soon.

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It barely fits on the build plate at 400+mm long

bandcplate.jpg

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The part came out good, and I changed the filament color to dark green.

Nishijingapplateprinted.jpg after removal from supports and raft Nishijingapplatextracted.jpg

Mounted and compared to original

Nishijingapplatemounted.jpg

I'm working on the rebound bumper mount, and tomorrow a roll of TPU filament arrives to try and print a bumper for you to go in the bumper mount. (and for a couple of my machines)
    Last edited by SibSr; 01-02-2023 at 10:59 AM.

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast