Thread: Sound problems ? I got the solution

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sound problems ? I got the solution

Hi Pachi lovers,
    Recently I got some problems to adjust the sound on my Indiana Jones Pachinko machine, I used 2 x 5 watt volumepots, you can`t fine tune the sound, it`s too loud or to soft, you know what I`m talking about right ?, anyway this time I used 2 x 1 watt and 68 ohm resistors and 2 small volumepots that I bought from Vince(see picture 1) I cut the red wire from the speaker and solder first the volumepot and after that the resistor, it is better to add some extra wire (see picture 2 ) otherwise the speaker wire will be to short, I did the same with the other speaker , be sure that the volumepot is always solderd after the resistor en then to the speaker input so not visa versa!!!
    I tried to adjust the sound and this is really amazing you can fine tune the sound like never before , from loud to zero without any problems.

This will work of course with all the Sankyo machines and probably with many other Pachinko machines.

Thanks and hope my post will be usefull to you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-16-2008 at 07:32 PM.

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Dragonfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sound problems ? I got the solution

68 ohms is almost -20dB, which I consider the sweet spot if you're only going to install resistors to bring the volume down. For some, it's still slightly too loud, so -30dB (which I consider too quiet) would require a 245-ohm resistor. That's why the 1K linear pots give you so little control, and you should use 250-ohm (or 500-ohm if you really like it quiet) log pots, and maybe a switch if you sometimes want no sound at all. Then again, you really should just be using an l-pad instead haha... Good idea with the inline resistor though - it would save any pot from burning up.
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD0406 View Post
    68 ohms is almost -20dB, which I consider the sweet spot if you're only going to install resistors to bring the volume down. For some, it's still slightly too loud, so -30dB (which I consider too quiet) would require a 245-ohm resistor. That's why the 1K linear pots give you so little control, and you should use 250-ohm (or 500-ohm if you really like it quiet) log pots, and maybe a switch if you sometimes want no sound at all. Then again, you really should just be using an l-pad instead haha... Good idea with the inline resistor though - it would save any pot from burning up.

With my method you are able to turn it from loud to zero in the most smooth way I ever experienced so I was very happy that I discoverd this , the small volumepot won`t melt, I played the Indiana Jones for many hours and everything was ok.

L-pad no thanks

Regards Dragonfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the post. I'm sure everyone will benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    L-pad no thanks

Regards Dragonfly
    Spoiler

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town