Thread: EBAY is stealing money from you!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default EBAY is stealing money from you!!!

A week ago I received an email from Ebay saying I owed them 65 cents for my monthly account fee I thought this was a scam email but decided to visit Ebay and see if this was for real or not.
    I found out, to my big surprise, that it was true! they were billing me a monthly account fee even though I do not have a store or anything.I also found out that they had added 6 cents to my December billing which I had not noticed added in with my Ebay sale. I thought it was just some listing fee and let it pass.
    I asked a Pachitalk member that sells on Ebay about it and he thought it was a scam email but I told him it was not.
    I contacted Ebay through a live Chat with one of their representatives.
    He told me that Ebay does not have this fee!! I asked "So why is it on my bill??" He said wait and left for about 10 minutes and came back and told me he can't find it so I gave him a direct link and he disappeared for another 5 minutes.
    He came back and apologized to me and said it was an error. He would not explain further. I asked for a credit for both months and he said he would issue one to me.
    I received a credit for January but not Dec.
    The funny thing about the credit was that it made no reference to the monthly fee but stated it was a Promotional Offer Credit!!!
    The 65 cents was deducted from my statement.
    If you think 65 cents is not a big deal then think about this!!
    Ebay has 91 MILLION members!
    91 million x 65 cents equal 59.15 million dollars a month from a fraudulent fee!
    That is 709.8 million dollars a year just from slamming a phony little fee onto peoples accounts!
    check your statements carefully!

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: EBAY is stealing money from you!!!

I have 2 ebay accounts, I didn't find any extra charges on either one, but, march 30th they are raising final value fees 1%
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think this is great news, in a way.
    When Ebay first started, it was fun and actually an auction site.
    Perhaps this sort of behavior means, A) that they're too big for their own breeches and can't support themselves, and B) they are opening themselves up for a competitor that can provide a successful and proper auction site.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the original email>>
    eBay Invoice Notification for Friday, January 15, 2010

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:27 PM

***This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply.***

Invoice Number: XXXXXXX-XXXX70014

Hello XXXXXXX,

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from December 16, 2009 through January 15, 2010 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $0.65

No payment is required at this time because your account balance is below eBay's minimum payment threshold.

To view your invoice:
    1. Go to http://www.ebay.com and click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You will need to sign in.
    2. Click the "Seller Account" link (beneath "My Account" on the left side of the page).
    3. Click the "View invoices" link, and then select the invoice you want to view from the pull-down menu.

Remember: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security number, etc.) in an email.

Thank you for using eBay.

Regards,
    eBay

Here is the amount posted to my account!>>
    Note!! It is not listed with the items, etc where it should be! It only shows on the summary near the top of the page!!!

Summary of your account activity (Dec 16 - Jan 15 PDT)
    Last Invoice (Dec 15):
    $0.65
    Payments:
    -$27.20
    Credits:
    $0.00
    New Fees:
    $27.20
    Discounts:
    $0.00
    Total amount:
    $0.65

Here is the credit (for 1 month only!) I still have to go through the chat again to get the December amount!

TitleItem numberDate Transaction typeDebitsCredits
    Promotional Offer Credit Jan-19-10 15:05:02 PSTOther---$0.65

I have been researching this and found some other people complaining about this. It seems a lot of people do not believe it yet and the posters were being mocked. However,mMost of them mentioned that the amount was significantly higher than mine. One poster said his was over $41.00 for just 1 month!! And did not have a store on Ebay and had not sold anything in 6 months!!
    Last edited by SlotsRfun; 01-28-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

eBay really does suck these days (and I've been on since 1997). They have their head so far up their proverbials on what customers (Sellers) actually want, its hardly worth the effort I find.

BUT, there is so little competition that really offers a viable alternative (in terms of numbers of eyes) that we have to suck it all up, MOST of the time.

They fail occasionally, which gives me heart. They died a bad, sudden and evil death in Japan (which Yahoo JP of course picked up the slack on, and are doing a great job with) and they got reemed here in Australia when they tried to outlaw all other forms of payment except Paypal (read that twice if you like - they really tried to do that!!). There was such an outcry that they quickly pulled their heads in.

You better believe - if they got away with it down here, all of you were next!
    The little guys won that one though!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, looks like they are trying the same thing now on US ebay!!

Here's the latest info I'm seeing, as of Jan 15th, you can no longer choose anything but Paypal???

You guys need to revolt against this - People Power worked over here. They try to sell it as though their are 'Safety Concerns' and how this will make the Community better for all. That's bollocks. They are simply trying to lock down users to Paypal, which as eBay is the owner, guarantees them huge profits on every part of the auction sale as there is no other alternative!

Rise UP!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by candyflip; 01-29-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can still accept money orders, but, you have to go in and manually mark auction as paid.

you can send buyer your address, by clicking on contact buyer.

if any bidders ask i always say i will take a usps money order

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had no charge on my invoice as of 1-14-10. Same balance the last 4 years.

I agree Ebay is not like it used to be. I have been buying(and was selling) on Ebay since the beginning. The early days it was great as they kept the pics and old auctions forever. It was like a online museum. I spent hours just looking at the pictures of things. Now it is what 60-90 days.

I keep waiting for a better site to show up but I have not sen anythig that comes close.
    I find Cragslist to be the best alternative. That should tell you something about how poor the alternatives have been.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to sell vhs movies on half.com, amazon and yahoo auctions years ago

at that time i could get a higher price for them on those sites compared to ebay.

.they don't have the base of buyers like ebay does now and i think they all now charge a monthly fee for selling.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been selling on eBay for over 10 years and I have never seen a company try so hard to drive themselves out of business. The rules and regulation have become absurd, they tell you what you can and cannot sell as well as what form of payment you can accept. Preferential treatment is given to big business and the little guys, the one who made eBay what it is, are being pushed out the door.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to be honist if im selling somthing large (monetry wise) like a pinball i advertise on ebay (cant find a bigger advertising forum in the uk) then happily add my mobile number underneath with any questions please call written in

funnily enough the amout of people that then call and ask if they can make an offer outside of ebay is fantastic a deal is usualy struck i dont think i have had an auction end for a pinball in all the time iv been refurbing them and selling them same with pachis

i can see ebay baring you putting a phone number on soon but until then happy days
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324