Thread: Go! Go! Hiromi - Second Stage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Go! Go! Hiromi - Second Stage

I noted that this machine is nowhere to be found in the discussion forums... And that's a mistake I intend to correct.

A few of the regulars already know that my current and still favorite machine is Dawn of the Fantasy due to the interactive nature and fantasy theme... so it takes one heck of a non-interactive machine to hold my attention for long, especially if I'm not familar with the source game / anime / show / music involved. (Note: when I use the term interactive, I mean you actually play mini-games with the buttons, not just select an option or hit one time. See my post on Dawn of the Fantasy here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...d-up-here.html)

Well folks, THIS is how you make a non-interactive pachinko! Let me give a quick rundown of features:

10+ Animatronic wheels / lights
    4 Basic Stages
    +1 Special Double Chance Stage
    +3 Step Up Stages
    +1 Special History Stage
    +1 Special Hits Stage
    --all in addition to the 2 chance mode stages
    --and EACH with their own special theme and music
    A Roulette Chance
    A Jump Up Bonus Stage
    Dozens (and I mean dozens!) of different reach indicators
    7 Seperate Super Reaches, each based on their own song
    --and most super reaches have a second stage
    8 Bonus Round Movies / Songs that you choose from when winning

Ok, statistics are nice and all... but a machine needs more than that. What really makes this one stand out is the amazing detail work and polishing Newgin did. (Newgin is also responsible for Chrome Seven and Sevens Rock... two of my other favorites). Colors are sharp and well used, characters are endearing, the music is a focus - catchy and syncs perfectly with the action at all times -, and there's a lot of variety in not just the content, but how it's presented.

In fact, this machine also manages to avoid a major pitfall I see in many modern pachinko machines... Overusing certain tells before a reach or super reach. It manages to keep varied enough that you can never tell for certain if you won or lost.

Now, as for the context of the machine itself, Hiromi Go is a singer in Japan who is known for having the Japanese version of Living la Vida Loca. His other songs are in the same vein with most of it classified as generic catchy pop music. But it's catchy and has a beat... so it works very well in this case.

What's surprising to me is that he actually helped to produce the machine and I'll give him a lot of credit for that. When licenses are given out to manufacturers, often things can be hap-hazard and shody (certain movie license pachinkos come to mind). Not with this one... as previously mentioned, it's obvious a lot of work went into this machine and it's the second version. I'll be very eager to see if there's a third made down the line!

Here's a (sadly) poor graphic and music quality video selection so you can get a taste. The good news is that they showcase a lot of the different modes so it's far from boring... but a little painful at the current quality. I guarentee the real thing is better.

YouTube - CRGOGOƒ‚‚ƒƒ‰‚ƒ†ƒ‚…›ž転までぶ‚“›ž— €その1€‘ (Part 1 - No wins, but a lot of general action. Suggested start.)

YouTube - CRGOGOƒ‚‚ƒƒ‰‚ƒ†ƒ‚…›ž転までぶ‚“›ž— €その2€‘ (Part 2 - 3 wins, lots of extra action. Watch after the first. Feel free to skip about on both. But not too many repeats.)

And... uh... When I said it was interesting and very much enjoyable... The person who uploaded those videos made 37 of them... only a few of which are still available.

Enjoy!

Also just for fun:

YouTube - Hiromi Go€€Š嫁‚ƒƒ €€1997.8

Oyome Samba Music Video. (Oyome = New Wife) I'm sure people who are interest can find others.

As for me, I seriously did not know who this was before finding the pachinko. Ahhh... cultural discovery.
    Last edited by Sederien; 04-06-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added Music Vid
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Go! Go! Hiromi - Second Stage

Sederien - This isn't fair!!!

I cant have another machine and than you present this one!!!

Not fair at all my man...