Thread: Help with Kyoraku Electric

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help with Kyoraku Electric

Hi Everyone, a friend of mine gave me an old pachinko machine. It's got a butterfly in the middle and looks similar to some of the nishijin machines I've seen in other threads; probably type b, but I haven't found exactly this machine posted on the boards. It needs some cleaning and some parts (bright green!) are missing in the back. The shooter doesn't work (unless I hold up a lever in the back). So first I'd like to further identify the machine. I've been to pachinko man's website and there's no sticker for the year, but there are two small round metal stamps at the bottom of the shooter: 49 12. Could these be the numbers for the date?? (December, 1973 = manufacture date). Does anyone else have this dating mechanism (and did I just not search well enough?) I'm not quite sure what parts are missing yet, I'll look closer after I've cleaned it up some more. Here is a pic. Thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to wowo2a

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with Kyoraku Electric

ok wow, just after posting, I found this link which shows restoration of a machine that's pretty close. And, almost microscopically (at least for me) it shows the date on the stamp which is the same as mine: 51, 3. A 1976 model. One mystery solved.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

That is a beauty of a machine you have!! The cell looks to be in perfect condition - no water stains!!

When you get a moment, could you post some photos of the back side? The reason I ask is because the machine looks to me like it is older than 1976. The ornamentation and lower ball tray on the front is more consistent with the early 1970's Nishijins I have worked on.

That being said, I have seen some model A machines with a date sticker placing the so called manufacture date at 1976 and 1977, which makes me wonder if the dating method we are using is an accurate method (this very topic has been debated before in PT).

I personally think the sticker represents the "in-service" date, not so much the date of manufacture. Technically speaking, a machine could have sat in a warehouse for several years before it was finally placed into service, which I believe explains the Model A's I mentioned above. I use the date sticker as a clue, along with the overall machine design, style of ornamentation and design of the mechanics on the back to date the machines.

Anyhow, post some additional photos when you can. I am interested which series of Model B mechanics your machine has.

Welcome to the forum!!

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 11-09-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post pics of the back and what you need help with. My first two pachinkos are the same model (Mine are from 74 and were shipped to the states in 76) If you need pics of how it should look just let me know and I will do my best to help. (I can be slow posting pics sometimes but do try to help)
    the

LLTR

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've been having difficulty uploading images, but I have two uploaded now... Another problem fixed - the shooter will not work unless there are a bunch of balls in the top hopper. So that works. What doesn't work yet are the jackpot payouts - maybe that's another issue with sufficient numbers of balls? Also the electric. It seems something is missing in the upper right hand corner, and after reading the newbie posts, I'm just as lost as when I started. I do appreciate the encouragement !
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to wowo2a

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like you need more sphears...

a machine like that is going to require 3 or 400 just to make it work... but having 900 to 1000 will make it playable...

if your looking for pachinko balls there are lots for sale... and i have a few for sale as well...

nice looking Pachi ya have there
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Like Mopar said, once you get enough balls in it, it should work. On the other hand, the electrical... I'd let that wait until you have enough balls. Reason being, you'll use up your battery on your empty ball light if nothing else. Whatever you do, do not plug directly into the wall. These things run off of 10v in Japan, and here work great with a 9v battery. Some folks use wall warts as well, but I'd make sure it works good with a battery before moving to a wall wart. Welcome!!!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ACMech