Thread: What does this button do?.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What does this button do?.

Hi,

So I was checking out my new pachinko machine while I wait for for my new cel for my vintage I am restoring to arrive. I was wondering what the white button above the shooter knob does? I pressed it and it seems like it stops balls from firing but not sure why it would be needed. Is that what it does? Also not sure if normal but it seems when you first turn the ring to fire there is a delay for a few seconds. Is that normal?

thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What does this button do?.

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it should pause the shooter and allow the player to hold the shooter in its "sweet spot"

a feature i dont use..

its my understanding that once you have 4 spins banked then there is no point in shooting more balls.. so ya pause and wait for a spin to clear then continue shooting again...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never use it, all my balls are free
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

7. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    made me think of this... http://youtu.be/L1CxlyMoFRs

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it should pause the shooter and allow the player to hold the shooter in its "sweet spot"

a feature i dont use..

its my understanding that once you have 4 spins banked then there is no point in shooting more balls.. so ya pause and wait for a spin to clear then continue shooting again...
    thanks. I don't understand what you mean by 4 spins banked though. What do you mean?

thanks,
    mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

modern machines can bank 4 spins.. it will keep track of up to 4 balls that enter the start pocket.. at the end of a spin there is "room" to bank another spin..

there are usualy 4 lights that lite telling the player how many spins are being saved...

make sense??

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

modern machines can bank 4 spins.. it will keep track of up to 4 balls that enter the start pocket.. at the end of a spin there is "room" to bank another spin..

there are usualy 4 lights that lite telling the player how many spins are being saved...

make sense??
    thanks again for the reply but no, I have no idea what you mean. That is totally me though as I have never seen a modern before and no idea about them. Is there any video that shows what you mean? I am clueless sadly...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It depends on the type of game, with deji-pachi (with spinning reels - mechanical or video) there are generally 4 lights below the reels that will light for each ball that enters the start pocket after a first ball enters. If any of these lights are lit, you don't have to shoot the start pocket for another spin. The lights go out sequentially as spins are done. There are only 4 lights (some of the more recent machines have 8, stocked from different parts of the start pocket), so there is a possibility of 5 spins (the one currently spinning and the 4 'stocked'). In a parlor, the balls 'rent' for about 4 cents each, so just wildly shooting them when the starts are fully stocked wastes your money. As soon as a spin or two from the stocked ones goes, then you start shooting again. Also, during a bonus, when the win door closes for a second or so, continuing to fire away wastes balls too. Timing is essential to keep balls from being in play when the last of the 15 balls (or whatever your spec of the game calls for) enters the door.

In a Hanemono (wing type) game, it's finding that sweet spot to hit the open wings the most, then stopping as the last one enters and the wings close before the next round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ClR...em-subs_digest

In the above video, the 4 lights are just below the reels. The video poster is working the machine remotely.
    Watch some of his videos, he posts a lot of 'vintage modern'
    Last edited by compirate; 10-16-2014 at 11:58 AM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    It depends on the type of game, with deji-pachi (with spinning reels - mechanical or video) there are generally 4 lights below the reels that will light for each ball that enters the start pocket after a first ball enters. If any of these lights are lit, you don't have to shoot the start pocket for another spin. The lights go out sequentially as spins are done. There are only 4 lights (some of the more recent machines have 8, stocked from different parts of the start pocket), so there is a possibility of 5 spins (the one currently spinning and the 4 'stocked'). In a parlor, the balls 'rent' for about 4 cents each, so just wildly shooting them when the starts are fully stocked wastes your money. As soon as a spin or two from the stocked ones goes, then you start shooting again. Also, during a bonus, when the win door closes for a second or so, continuing to fire away wastes balls too. Timing is essential to keep balls from being in play when the last of the 15 balls (or whatever your spec of the game calls for) enters the door.

In a Hanemono (wing type) game, it's finding that sweet spot to hit the open wings the most, then stopping as the last one enters and the wings close before the next round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ClR...em-subs_digest

In the above video, the 4 lights are just below the reels. The video poster is working the machine remotely.
    Watch some of his videos, he posts a lot of 'vintage modern'

Thank you for the reply. Until. kW I have only had vintage machines so really all this newfangled stuff is beyond me.

the he machine I have is an early modern and a hanemono type game. There are no reels. Below is a picture. I will check out the videos tonight, I am at work so unable right now.

Thank you again!
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is another type of game where to get the bonus door to open the balls have to go into pockets in a certain order. Usually one of these pockets involves a wheel with a notch in it. If you get a ball on top of the wheel (there are a couple pins on either side at the top), you have to wait for the notch to come around and pick up the ball. It's very easy to knock it off so stopping shooting while holding your sweet spot is essential. Those kinds of games are among the most skill oriented.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    There is another type of game where to get the bonus door to open the balls have to go into pockets in a certain order. Usually one of these pockets involves a wheel with a notch in it. If you get a ball on top of the wheel (there are a couple pins on either side at the top), you have to wait for the notch to come around and pick up the ball. It's very easy to knock it off so stopping shooting while holding your sweet spot is essential. Those kinds of games are among the most skill oriented.
    Thanks for the information. I really have no idea about the modern machines so trying to learn. Never thought I would own one as I like the vintages so much but when one came my way at a reasonable price I could not pass it up. I am glad I didn't as it really is a cool looking machine. I just need to get used to it.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad