Thread: Vintage Sankyo Pachinko ID help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Sankyo Pachinko ID help.

Hey guys, brand new here and I figured this place would be the best for help finding out more about this pachinko machine that has been in my basement for as long as I can remember. All I know is that its a Sankyo machine, the only numbers besides japanese symbols I found on it were a 12 and a 50. I dont have the key for it, and the mechanism works (you can play but nothing happens), but it doesnt do much else besides that, none of the mechanical parts seem to do much and no work has been done on it (i think ever!) But if you guys could give me any info based on these (not so good quality) pictures, that would be great. (Model year, how much its worth, how much it would be to fix, any general info, etc) I also live on Long Island so if anyone knows of a place nearby in which I can bring this to have it fixed, that would be great too! Again, thank you all in advance, and sorry for the bad quality, my basement is undergoing some construction and so this is now wedged into a corner, so it was rather hard to get pictures, hope you can work with it though!DSCF8804.jpg DSCF8802.jpg DSCF8806.jpgDSCF8800.jpgDSCF8805.jpgDSCF8799.jpgDSCF8801.jpgDSCF8803.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to TheCactusTheif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Sankyo Pachinko ID help.

Also the back is completely open (which i dont know if thats normal or not) and nothing looks broken back there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First, look at the stickies at the top of this forum. They explain how the various( which are all similar no matter the make) vintages work. There's a good chance your machine is not really broken, they're almost always just jammed and the machines themselves are pretty robust.
    Maybe your machine is worth 50 bucks? There's hundreds of thousands of them in the US.
    As far as repair, there's a few repair places which are enthusiasts on here but it'll be far easier to sort it out yourself. Post pics of any problem areas.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off to pachitalk.

What you have there is a 1974 Sankyo (Jet). I had a machine similar for a while. But then I tore it apart and built a franken-pachi out of it (due to missing parts).

I don't feel comfortable giving you a value until I can see a picture of the back. But if you want a number $30 until I see more pictures.

Also these machines always have an open back and they never came with keys as the keys never left Japan.

I offer restoration on my website (link in yellow below my post) However, I'm on the west coast so shipping will cost you a ton.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pics of the back would be a great help.. im sure we can get it working for ya..

take a look at this.. its not for your exact amchine but its close and will give ya a good idea

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    First off to pachitalk.

What you have there is a 1974 Sankyo (Jet). I had a machine similar for a while. But then I tore it apart and built a franken-pachi out of it (due to missing parts).

I don't feel comfortable giving you a value until I can see a picture of the back. But if you want a number $30 until I see more pictures.

Also these machines always have an open back and they never came with keys as the keys never left Japan.

I offer restoration on my website (link in yellow below my post) However, I'm on the west coast so shipping will cost you a ton.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max
    Thanks a bunch for the info and welcome! When I can get to it and turn it around when its not too crowded I'll take some more pictures and try to figure it out based on the video Moparformances sent me. How much do you think it would cost to ship it to you? Its not all too heavy.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheCactusTheif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TheCactusTheif View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the info and welcome! When I can get to it and turn it around when its not too crowded I'll take some more pictures and try to figure it out based on the video Moparformances sent me. How much do you think it would cost to ship it to you? Its not all too heavy.
    It will cost around $60-70 from New York. The weight isn't the problem it is the size. Also that would be shipping one way so you would have to tag it on twice.

Posted using Tapatalk

100 machines and counting...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    It will cost around $60-70 from New York. The weight isn't the problem it is the size. Also that would be shipping one way so you would have to tag it on twice.

Posted using Tapatalk
    We'll if I cant fix it myself, I'll let you know. Thank you for the help!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to TheCactusTheif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TheCactusTheif View Post
    One of our members here, Rival, has written a restoring vintage pachinko machines Kindle book that is available for $10.00 on Amazon (Amazon.com: Pachinko Machine Restoration eBook: James King: Kindle Store). You can download a free Kindle reader for almost all electronic devices, so you don't need a Kindle to use it. It is full of helpful information. It is based on a Nishijin Model B machine, so while the components illustrated won't look exactly like yours, the "model b" style of pachinko is very similar across all manufacturers.

If you are looking for a full restoration, mxfaiman, is a great choice, as his machines are absolutely stunning when he gets done with them. If you are going to pay him to do a full restore, then the shipping costs are "worth" the results. But if you are just looking at getting it working, the $120.00 to $150.00 round trip shipping is going to be fairly steep. Especially when you consider that most "malfunctions" can be resolved with some basic, hand tools, cleaner, and an hour or two of your time.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the newcomer the back of these machines can be intimidating but they really are simple machines. Ingenious but simple. Unless some critical parts are missing or broken, you'll be able to sort it out.
    Just sit there and manipulate the various moving parts and you'll discover how the balls move around, etc.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

16. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello!!

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I agree, most members are able to repair / restore vintage pachinko machines themselves, with a little help and advice from our members wherever needed

There is a wealth of free advice and information available here at PachiTalk

Our members really are 'the best' and are sure to advise and encourage you along the way

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...