Thread: Pulling my Nishijin out of retirement...but lost on gameplay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pulling my Nishijin out of retirement...but lost on gameplay

I've had this Nishijin for several years but it was relegated to the upstairs closet until last week when the daughter wanted to play it again. I got it out, dusted it off, checked everything and plugged it in. It worked perfectly(almost), and she fiddled with it for a while then got bored again.

Part of the problem was that we have no clue how to play it.

1) The Go pocket at 2:00 spins slowly, and if the ball comes to rest on it, it will fall into the groove when it comes around and pays out. Nothing else happens.

2) The Start pocket at 3:30 has a digital readout, if a ball passes through, it will cycle through numbers for a while, then stop on a number. No payout.

3) Start pocket at 9:00 is dark, until a ball cycles through the Charge at 12:00. Then it cycles silently and stops on a number. Otherwise a ball passing through does nothing.

4) If a ball gets into the Charge pocket, it will drop down to the Rhapsody pocket in the middle.

5) The chrome wheel under the Rhapsody pocket is constantly turning also like the Go pocket wheel. There are several spokes, and the ball will drop into the bottom and roll between the spokes, to be carried up to one of two holes.

6) All the spaces between the spokes are the same except the one with the pink arrow. The normal spaces produce one payout only.

7) When a ball is carried up on the pink space, it falls into another hole. This starts lights flashing (for the first time), music playing and the Rhapsody pocket jaws open up to take in more balls.

At this point, while trying to figure out what to do, I was manually dropping balls everywhere and lost track of what triggered what, but suddenly the Big Bonus door opened, and the led under it showed numbers. It accepted several balls, payouts galore, then suddenly the door closed and the machine locked up (?) with the music turning to a siren sound. Then you have to unplug and plug it back in to get things running normally again.

mini-20111215_180526.jpg

So a couple of questions:

a) What the heck do the 'Start' pockets do aside from cycle through digits? I'm sure they mean/do something.

b) Is there a way to not have the machine freeze after paying out the bonus, or is this possibly a malfunction?

c) Is there any way to find out exactly the order/sequence that things need to be played on the play field? This machine seems to have more doo-dads on it than normal.

Thanks for any information!!!

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojohn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pulling my Nishijin out of retirement...but lost on gameplay

Thats a great looking Kenrimono, this thread might help you out!

Maruhon Double Game (kenrimono) Play Guide!!
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats a cool machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info, it's different than mine but kind of gives me hope I can figure things out. I'll probably have to be methodical about my manual ball dropping and keep notes when I test it again. For a somewhat simple machine it has an amazing amount of chips on the computer mb in the back.

The machine is virtually mint, no scratches, dents, ball tracks...I bought it used but I don't see how it's ever been in a parlor as the ash tray is glossy new, not a mark in it. Maybe it was a low payout machine, which I can understand as the main play/bonus pocket only has one small vertical opening just to the left of the Charge opening, extremely difficult to get a ball in even after adjusting the pins wider. Takes forever. I've thought about pulling out a pin on the right side but am hesitant. But if you can't get a ball in there, pretty much nothing happens aside from small payouts. The lights don't even flash which is a bummer.

Maybe I can go grab some Christmas lights, cut the string short, and stick a few behind the door to shine on the playfield and flash occasionally. (!)
    Last edited by pachinkojohn; 12-16-2011 at 09:52 AM.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkojohn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ack, I just ran across this very same question I asked in 2006. Ah how the memory fades in old age.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, it's called Rhapsody by Nishijin, released in 1993.

Play:

A ball has to enter "A", where it will pass through down to "B". If when it gets there it lands in the "V" pocket, it will bonus. You now have to get a ball in on the "C" wheel. When this happens, the bonus door ("D") should open. After each bonus round, you have to get another ball into the "C" wheel to continue the round. It can be hard not to knock it off there. This has to happen to go to each successive round. Not sure what the numbers mean, perhaps a certain number opens the tulip below "A".

I hope I'm remembering this right, it's been a long time since I've played.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zifFRSjitpc
    Attached Images Attached Images

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to compirate