Thread: Sankyo Stellar game play qstn - what do the numbers/letters mean ??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Stellar game play qstn - what do the numbers/letters mean ??

So I purchased this a while ago and havent figured out what the center tally information is telling me. The machine makes lots of noise and if I intentionally set the machine off in "excite" mode... it doesnt shut the heck up until I physically unplug it.

In excite mode, the machine displays random combination of letters and numbers that I have NO idea of what they mean.

can someone help me out with ANY information on this ? I am used to the mechanical aspect of on a couple of vintage machines that I own...errrr check that..

that my 7 YEAR OLD owns...lol. thanks Bc3
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to BC3

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Stellar game play qstn - what do the numbers/letters mean ??

Is 'Excite' mode like an alarm sound?

This game is エトワールI - Etoile I

It's considered a Kenrimono or 'Rights' game, you have to have a ball go into certain pockets in a certain order to win. If you've been dropping balls by hand into pockets that shouldn't get them, it may think your cheating and that sound is an alarm.

I've not seen this particular game before, so I can't really say how to play. If you can take a higher res pic of the playfield and post a link to it or send it to me (I'll send you my email addy if your interested) and I'll put it somewhere people can get a look at it. I'm sure one of us will figure it out

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sent you a PM. tnx! bc3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wink Re: Sankyo Stellar game play qstn - what do the numbers/letters mean ??

As Compirate rightly says, your machine is actually known as エトワール 1Ior ETOILE 1 (or 'Star 1' in the english translation - the Japanese use the French word in their katakana here).

It is a kenrimono and I can tell you, without having played the machine, that the primary goal is to get your central bingo numbering system (or center tally as you call it) to number either 111, 333, 555, 777 and perhaps even 999. This is purely chance (the result, not the actual spins, which are caused by balls entering Start chukkas), and may require you to wait for sometime for it to appear in the right sequence.

The four either green or red lights directly under this bingo 'tally board' (or digital yakumono, in Japanese terminology) record the number of 'spins' this tally board will make in the future. They are a reserve. We can explain more about this when you post larger photos.

So do post some close-ups (no flash!) and we'll get to it!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool machine.. i like that generation of machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that is one cool game .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's links to the higher res pics of the game, for those that want to help figure it out

Picture One

Picture Two

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My first questions are:

What happens when a ball goes in each of the pockets?

"In" at the top

"In"s on either side

"Go" in the middle

"Open" on the right, and the opposite pocket on the left

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"In" at the top = pays out 7 balls

"In"s on either side = pay out 7 balls

"Go" in the middle = pays out 7 balls and lights and noise. tally number is 7F1

"Open" on the right, and the opposite pocket on the left = pays out 7 balls

Left tulip open and closed = pay out 7 balls

Right tulip open and closed = payout of 15 balls

Victory at bottom turns on music and lights up. The left tally that says Round lights up "16" and one light directly above it goes on

Once I started to randomly dropping balls into various openings, the machine into what I feel is an alarm mode. Judging by the sound as well the red lights around the center tally lighting up red and then reads E-6

**If there any experts that want to see the gameplay via computer - I would love to set up a live Skype (free) viewing and that would allow you to direct me to drop balls into spots and you can see in real time what it does.

thanks!

ps not sure how or when the center tulip finally opens..no way for a ball to get in there unless it opened somewhere else. The spot directly above it sends the ball into the machine as opposed to being a "drop thru"

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BC3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By tally, I assume you mean the center 3 leds? I would guess you have to keep this happening till it reads 3 of the same thing, then the tulip in the center opens and you have to get balls in there, they go down to that wheel (which I also assume is spinning) and hopefully the long pocket comes around at the right time, then it drops into the 'victory' pocket below, the others go out holes behind the wheel.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry for not knowing the correct name for the center piece -

The center has 3 led section s within it to display either a number or letter. Directly underneath these numbers (and still within the center) are 4 single led lights in a row.

The left indicator has 3 alpha/numeric leds as well . These are segmented - Two are left justified and are for the "count" and the single to the right of it says "round". At the top of this indicator are a row of 3 single red led bulbs.

thanks ! (still learnin)

btw what era is this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BC3 View Post
    Victory at bottom turns on music and lights up. The left tally that says Round lights up "16" and one light directly above it goes on

Once I started to randomly dropping balls into various openings, the machine into what I feel is an alarm mode. Judging by the sound as well the red lights around the center tally lighting up red and then reads E-6
    I'm writing you a comprehensive guide now - in the meantime, the machine is from the 80's (at a guess - late 80's) and the E-6 is an error code (you are right - it is on 'alarm'), as you have not triggered the events in the correct sequence - thus you have 'punctured' the O-Atari (Jackpot) and the machine is letting you know it.

Don't worry - its not serious!!

Back shortly.

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you very much!

I am realizing that there is a much different play compared to the levered vintages...as in a big difference in qty of balls used/required with electronic shooter. (sequencing etc)

time to increase the ball count...

bc3

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to BC3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Sankyo Stellar game play qstn - what do the numbers/letters mean ??

First up, here's all the pachinko machine parts, so we know what we're all talking about.

Note : a little Japanese lesson - I just call your large rotating central cyclinder a 'rotating cylinder'. In Japanese, its referred to as 回転体 or kaiten tai (a rotating body/object). The first kanji there (回転) is kaiten, or 'round and round'. You can see this kanji used for those dinky tourist sushi restaurants that have the revolving conveyor belt of sushi on plates? That's known as 'kaiten zushi' in Japanese, or 'round and round sushi'.

So, to explain the diagram below (PART 1) :

Number Lamp - is also known in modern terms as a 'Battle Counter'.
    This allows a player to check the machine data such as jackpot frequency, the number of times the main LCD numbers have rotated (or 変動 - Hendou), interval between wins etc. You don't actually have one of these - they tend to be found on latter day Moderns (machines from the 2000's era)

Yobadashi Lamp (or Call Button) - a button for calling parlor staff to request help of any kind.

Sandwich - No, not your lunch. This is where all your money gets eaten alive as you borrow balls from the parlor.

Bukomi - or literally 'bump in' point. This nail is the one all beginners are told to aim for to get their machine going. Whether its actually the best point to shoot for on a given machine depends very much on the nail placement of that machine. Still, a good starting point.

Ekishou gamen - the Japanese name for a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen. Your's is quite small and only shows 3 digital numbers, which happens to be a kind of digital 'bingo' game, in this case.

START chukka - one of the most important points on your pachinko board. This thru gate starts the central numbers spinning when a ball goes thru it. Your's is labelled 'GO'. This point is where everything begins.

Horyu Lamp - the Horyu (保留 or 'reserve') shows the number of 'reserved' or 'retained' spins (or Hendou) of the LCD that a player still has. If a Hendou is occuring, ie the number are spinning, and a ball goes thru the Start chukker at the same time, this ball becomes a 'retained spin' and the light count is advanced one. So one green or red light (directly under your central LCD screen) will light up. When that spin is then used (shortly after the other occurring spin finishes), the light goes out and you have no retained spins left until the next entry by a ball thru a Start chukker. Try dropping multiple balls thru your Start chukka - you will see the Horyu lamp lights come on in sequence as you do so, and diminsh as the subsequent spins occur.

ATTACKER - Is the prize opening door that opens for a set period of time when the player gets a ‘Big Win/Jackpot’ (or O-atari).
    This rectangle-shaped door is usually found centrally under the LCD screen and below the Start Chukker, and may be marked ‘Jackpot’ or ‘Win’ or similar. On Kenrimono machines, there may be two of these, one central and another one to the very right of the playing field. Getting a ball in here usually pays the highest number of balls out, for that particular machine. Interestingly, for your machine, the Attacker is NOT a prize gate. I will lay odds your's is actually the right hand side tulip marked '15 Pay'. We will find out soon!

OK - that's the top half of the machine. Next post, the bottom half.

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and what about the "straw raincoat" we read about in descriptions??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Machine parts explained (PART 2) - bottom half

Henkyaku button - when you want to quit this machine, you push this button in the parlor to make the digital Sandwich return any unused credit to you. Not on your particular pre-90's machine.

Tama Kashi button - when you want the balls to come into your top tray after placing money in the digital Sandwich, you push this button to have them dispensed. Again, not on your pre-digital Sandwich machine.

Zandaka Hyouji - displays the number of balls you have (the balance). Everytime you push the Tama Kashi button, this total will decrease. Again, you don't have one of these on your machine.

Uwazara - this, you have! This is the upper tray, or saucer, of you machine for ball holding. Its where won balls collect, and where the first balls dispensed from the machine when you borrow them, come out and wait to be shot. Consequently, there needs to be balls in here before the machine can fire any onto the playfield.

****azara - is the lower tray/saucer that balls are manually collected in (by use of a lever) when the Uwazara above it is full.

****azara Lever - lever for the above.

Handle - no expl needed?

OK - so that's a typical modern machine layout. You already know about tulips and such, so lets explain your machine's gameplay?

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your kenrimono machine's play

First up, your kenri is an unusual one (congrats!)

Your Start chukker is not the usual gated variety, but a tulip instead. No problems though - it will still pay out the same!

Second, your rotating cylinder is located centrally on your machine board, instead of on the more usual right-hand side (thus the pun contained within kenrimono, or 'digital RIGHTS' machine). Again, no issue here - it will Jackpot just the same.

So, down to the gameplay:

1. On a brand new reset game, direct balls into the Start Chukker (marked at 1). This will start your LCD (marked at 2) spinning. For each ball that enters the Start chukker, you get one spin sequence.

2. You're looking for a WIN line here. That could be anything from a combination of letters, or numbers. Most likely, it'll be say 111, 333, 555, 777, 999 or perhaps even BBB (for BBBonus). Either way, you'll know when you 'hit' as the machine will go crazy with lights and sounds. Now as this 'bingo' is a pre-determined chance set within the machine's computer, you *could* be waiting awhile before it comes. Fear not - press on and keep spinning those LCD dials.

3. So you line up 3 of the same numbers or letters on the main LCD - the machine if going bonkers and probably the central LCD is showing something unusual you haven't seen yet. Congrats! We are halfway there. Now what happens next is very much individual to a particular model of kenrimono and it could be a number of things. For example, the tulip marked '15 Pay' (marked at 3) might open briefly. Or perhaps the tulip at 4 will come into play. Something might appear on the Indicator at 5 as well? Honestly, anything could happen at this point - so let us know and we'll press on...

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

P.S. I'll probably be in bed on this side of the planet when you next get to this, so if you get stuck, and the other members of PT are not able to help, maybe check this old kenri thread for some tips that *may* help.

old kenri thread on PT

or even this one might help

g'luck
    Last edited by candyflip; 06-30-2010 at 02:43 AM.

29. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Candyflip... Thank you.
    --------------------------------------
    I can't believe how generous you are with your time and effort to help me understand this machine. Its rare that someone would do this and I really appreciate it . I wasnt around yesterday and your additional posts are going to re-read at least 4 times over a cup of coffee and then applied. I have to order more balls - 500 isnt going to cut it at the rate the machine can feed itself.

Also want to say thanks to Compirate ...good to talk with you Btw, The filming crew from Discovery's TV show "Hoarders" and "Obsessed" are on the way...cant wait to see your collection on national TV (lol )

take care, bc3

31. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to BC3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're very welcome - keep us updated?