Thread: J-list latest news letter

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default J-list latest news letter

well every couple of days i recive a email from J-list (the online japanese store ) full of sweets goodies and toys each email explains a little of the japanies culture and then there latest offers under neath well todays is all about our favorit hobby pachinko and the new sankyo machine attack of darth vader

Pachinko is the national pastime of Japanese men, and most anytime you drive by one of the many pachinko parlors around my house, you'll see a parking lot nearly filled with cars. The point of the game is to take a bucket of silver balls that you buy from the proprietors and shoot them into a pinball-like machine, hopefully holding the controller at just the right angle that the balls will fall into certain holes in the machine, causing more balls to come out. If you are a "pachi-pro" or a person who's really good at playing the game, you'll end up with more balls than you started out with. Since gambling is illegal, you can't redeem the balls for money, but you can exchange them for valuable prizes like cigarettes, which you take to a smaller business located next door to "sell" to get your money -- very silly. Our home prefecture of Gunma is the Detroit of the pachinko world, with several large pach inko makers located here. Right now, pachinko manufacturer Sankyo is advertising a new Star Wars: Attack of Darth Vader pachinko game that looks pretty cool. In the commercial, the Sankyo factory located 1 km from J-List can be seen.
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: J-list latest news letter

another chinko nice!, now if the chislo models would start hitting over here at a reasonable price we would be set for xmas lol

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: J-list latest news letter

Ol Pete must have some old school parlors in his prefecture, I didn't know you got buckets of balls from the proprietor anymore!

I love getting those emails, an interesting peek into Japan

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。