Thread: What is the left, center, right bonus about?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What is the left, center, right bonus about?

Hi

I have a Rodeo Snow King. It has a bonus round called "Dokan Chance" and it all has something to do with the play instructions posted right above the stop buttons.

The instructions are all printed in Japanese and when this bonus round happens, there is bunch of things going on in the LED panel to the right.

And this all seems to be related to "3 or V or 7."

I have seen this type of bonus on other machines, but I cannot quite understand what I am playing for or what I need to do during this round.

Can anyone explain?

Walt in Golden, Co.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Walter L. Newton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What is the left, center, right bonus about?

Well if it is like some of my machines, this is what you would call the skilled part of the machine. And if I understand it right, it is how they are able to get around the law there. The idea is just to hit the buttons in the order shown... LOL...but again I could be totally wrong. I am sure someone who has this machine will be along to help out.
    Last edited by johntofva; 12-13-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would be my guess too. I don't have the machine but I'm thinking it could be the order you are supposed to hit the stop buttons during a Bonus round.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi again (I'm the original poster),

I probably need to make my question a little clearer. The bonus round I am talking about is not the standard "Big Chance" or "Bonus Chance."

This "Dokan Chance" is some sort of special play feature that happens randomly, not associated with "hitting" any certain combinations on the reels.

When this "Dokan Chance" feature engages, a number of different things happen. And each "feature" in this "round" seems to have something to do with what is displayed on the little animated LED screen just to the right of the reels.

1) An arrow appears on the LED display and the machine wants me to stop the reels, one at a time, either right to left or left to right. A backlit display on the left side of the reels will indicate "L," C" and "R," lighting in the order it wants me to stop. Also the corresponding reel will light, and after it stops, the backlight on the reel goes out. After all three reels are stopped, all the reel backlights come on.

2) A "7" appears on the LED display, with no indication of any special order to stop the reels.

3) A "cartoon" character appears on the LED display, with no indication of any special order to stop the reels.

4) Sometimes a "R-P" (I suspect it means replay) appears on the LED display, no indication of a special order to stop the reels.

As I said on my original post above, there is a "pay schedule" pasted on the frame of the reel display glass, right above the stop buttons, that has the play instructions for this "Dokan Chance" round.

But it is totally written in Japanese, except for a few English style numbers, indicating payouts.

This "pay schedule" also shows other possible things that can appear in the LED display, such as a "3," a "V," although I have never seen these symbols display during this round.

Looking at other machines in the gallery on this forum, I have seen this type of bonus round on a number of different manufacturers machines, so it's not just something special for the Snow King machine.

A Snow King is listed in the gallery and this special bonus round is shown.

If anyone can read Japanese, or is familiar with this feature, could they let me know what is going on during this bonus.

And a final note. I have never been able to rack up any wins during this bonus, but that may be because I don't know what it really wants me to do, or what symbol combinations I need to "stop."

Walter in golden, Co.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope someone is able to give you specific info about your machine, unfortunately, it is not me. While we all love our machines, the fact that all the writing is in Japanese has been very problematic. From time to time, we do get some translations...but for the most part, members have done their utmost to try and figure things out just through continued play... which of course, can be lots of fun. For me, I don't really try to figure it out, I just push the buttons (I know, simple minds...) I imagine though, it will never be possible to figure everything out... they were intended to make money for the parlors, so I believe them to hold many secrets

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And a special note to johntofva above...

Thanks for the "Hi and welcome."

I don't think this is a way to add "skill" to the machine, since I can eyeball a "777" or a "77bar" arrangement most of the time within 20 spins. I have had machines where "skill" seems to have almost nothing to do with where the reels really stop, but this machine seems to really envolve skill.

I have been collecting slot machines and coin operated gambling equiment since 1973, had a skill stop machine before they even became commanly available, and I have always gone back and forth on the question "do the skill stop buttons really have anything to do with the play."

To be honest, some machines I would say "yes" and some machines I would say "no."

I guess we won't ever know for sure unless some industry insider decides to spill all the inner secrets to these machines.

But I know the history of gambling machine quite well, and I know the bottom line has always been that all machines are designed to stay with in the laws (barely) and always offers the advantage to the house.

Walter in Golden, Co.