Thread: Pachinko withdrawal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Pachinko withdrawal

I can't believe I had the machine for less than a week! My first and only modern pachinko--a Sakura I got on eBay--had to be returned because UPS beat the crap out of it. They broke the front corner on the case, bent the metal in the door latch, broke several screw mounts off, and put several stress cracks in the covers on the back. They had to drop it several times--probably because they were upset that it was so heavy.

Honestly, I expected to be stuck with it "as is", even though I paid a couple of bucks for shipping insurance--no way was I going to pay $90 bucks each way to ship it back and have a new one sent out. But it turned out that it is now a discussion between UPS and the shipper. Once UPS makes its determination, I should get another machine. I better, or I'm going to be very upset. (Once this is all worked out, I'll post the outcome--I will either be very happy or very unhappy with the seller, which should be useful info for other potential buyers.)

In the meantime, my order of 3,000 extra balls arrived today, and I have nothing really to put them in. (My vintage machine is happy enough with the few hundred balls it has--sure, I'll throw a few hundred more in there, but they aren't strictly necessary.)

Anyway, I'm just complaining because I feel like complaining--and I figured my best chance of finding a sympathetic ear was here on Pachitalk. (My kids are bummed, too.)

It's after midnight, so I gotta turn into a pumpkin now. G'Night.

-Trey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko withdrawal

the dealer should either do a pick up and replace the machine or tell you to keep it and ship another free.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

dont know who the dealer is and it shouldent matter the problem is between the dealer and UPS not you and UPS but you are suffering tell tehm to put a call tag on it and send you a new one or a refund if no sucsess its down to paypal dispute or if you paid by card go for a charge back

dont be walked over
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

5. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That sucks Trey....how about buy another one while you wait? Some vendors ship pretty quick and you might be able to get your fix by the end of next week if you're lucky.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Trey314159 View Post
    I can't believe I had the machine for less than a week! My first and only modern pachinko--a Sakura I got on eBay--had to be returned because UPS beat the crap out of it. They broke the front corner on the case, bent the metal in the door latch, broke several screw mounts off, and put several stress cracks in the covers on the back. They had to drop it several times--probably because they were upset that it was so heavy.

Honestly, I expected to be stuck with it "as is", even though I paid a couple of bucks for shipping insurance--no way was I going to pay $90 bucks each way to ship it back and have a new one sent out. But it turned out that it is now a discussion between UPS and the shipper. Once UPS makes its determination, I should get another machine. I better, or I'm going to be very upset. (Once this is all worked out, I'll post the outcome--I will either be very happy or very unhappy with the seller, which should be useful info for other potential buyers.)

In the meantime, my order of 3,000 extra balls arrived today, and I have nothing really to put them in. (My vintage machine is happy enough with the few hundred balls it has--sure, I'll throw a few hundred more in there, but they aren't strictly necessary.)

Anyway, I'm just complaining because I feel like complaining--and I figured my best chance of finding a sympathetic ear was here on Pachitalk. (My kids are bummed, too.)

It's after midnight, so I gotta turn into a pumpkin now. G'Night.

-Trey
    UPS claims can take anywhere from 3 to 5 months to do.

I know I been there!

UPS Drove over a Pachinko in my armor boxing, but I never thought a 40000 pound truck would have to set on it.
    So I sent out another one to replace it and UPS picked up the busted one and sent it to their BCC (Broken Crap Center).
    They tried to say it was not boxed good enough. They losted.

Their insurance carrier is slow but thorough at getting it done.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

8. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan View Post
    That sucks Trey....how about buy another one while you wait? Some vendors ship pretty quick and you might be able to get your fix by the end of next week if you're lucky.
    Unlike so many other people around here I've reached my pachinko limit at only 2 machines. I know, I know.. that's crazy talk, but my wife thinks two is enough, at least for now.

On the other hand, she thought it was a good idea to get one of these:
    http://www.chicago-gaming.com/alegends.php

So, it balances out.

-T

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    the dealer should either do a pick up and replace the machine or tell you to keep it and ship another free.
    Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    dont know who the dealer is and it shouldent matter the problem is between the dealer and UPS not you and UPS but you are suffering tell tehm to put a call tag on it and send you a new one or a refund if no sucsess its down to paypal dispute or if you paid by card go for a charge back

dont be walked over
    Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee View Post
    UPS claims can take anywhere from 3 to 5 months to do. ... I know I been there! ... Their insurance carrier is slow but thorough at getting it done.
    Okay, you guys.. you convinced me. I'm going to have to be a lot more pushy about getting my replacement machine. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Trey314159; 03-01-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Pachinko addiction? (was: Pachinko withdrawal)

Unlike so many other people around here I've reached my pachinko limit at only 2 machines. I know, I know.. that's crazy talk, but my wife thinks two is enough, at least for now.
    Hmm. So. Well. Uh.... apparently, you guys are, collectively, evil (and I mean that in the best possible way).

I'm still wrestling with the vendor who sold me my Sakura (he's got me in a Headlock of Silence now and hasn't answered my email from late last week yet), so I'm still down to one (vintage) machine.

But then we went and did our taxes last night. The bad news is that, because we moved last year and had two houses for a month and got slightly mislead with respect to some "creative" bridge financing for a few months, we paid a butt-load of mortgage interest last year. The good news is that it is all tax deductible, so we're getting a larger than expected refund.

Somehow that, plus some combination of my big brown puppy dog eyes, the exuberant enthusiasm of our kids, Gaku's Pachinko World web pages, and some conveniently inexpensive auctions on eBay has resulted in the purchase of not one, but two new pachinko machines--the "wing-type" Construction guy one, and the retro-styled Sky Boat one.

My kids are excited, my wife is tolerant, and I'm pretty happy. I had to go shopping for furniture today, but that wasn't too bad--we got a table for the two new machines, too.

:lol8:

Thanks guys! (I think?)
    -Trey

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Trey314159

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your moving expenses may be a tax deduction also, check that out
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

13. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    your moving expenses may be a tax deduction also, check that out
    Thanks for the tip. We did get a deduction when we moved half way across the country. This time we only moved a few miles, to a slightly bigger house with a better school, so it doesn't count. Alas.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey COOL! Congrats on the new machines!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As some of you know, I've been a busy beaver lately making cabinets for my pachinkos. One of the motivations has been that we are having a party this weekend, and I am planning on showing them off. My replacement Sakura was supposed to arrive today, and I even took the day off so I could be home to bring the box in out of the rain/sleet we're getting.

What a let down. The UPS guy came, and the box was mostly melted. Apparently it had not been properly covered in one of their trailers. Inside, I could see that the transformer had been ripped off (again!!). When I took it out (while the UPS guy waited) large pieces of plastic fell out of the bubble wrap, and I could see through the bubble wrap that the glass on the front had been broken. I refused delivery and he took it away.

I am now expecting a long, unpleasant fight with the shipper, iMatrix Canada (shenghung on eBay). It has been a month since I won the auction, and still I have nothing. Last time it took two weeks before he shipped me a new machine. This time I'm giving him until Monday.

Unfortunately, if I want to be strong in my convictions, and he forces my hand, I may end up without any Sakura machine, since I can't find any other source of them online. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks..
    -Trey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear that you are not having much luck with getting a replacement.

Great video on Youtube by the way that you posted earlier. I enjoyed listening to all the different moods.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are not having much luck with getting a replacement.

Great video on Youtube by the way that you posted earlier. I enjoyed listening to all the different moods.
    Thanks and thanks. The video was fun for me, too, especially since I not only caught the weird fourth mode, but also what I did to get into it (I'll have to review the video and see if I can legitimately recreate it next time I play.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am now expecting a long, unpleasant fight with the shipper, iMatrix Canada (shenghung on eBay). It has been a month since I won the auction, and still I have nothing. Last time it took two weeks before he shipped me a new machine. This time I'm giving him until Monday.

I am pleasantly surprised! Less than an hour later and David of iMatrix has written back and agreed to ship a new machine on Monday.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Our friends at CF Exports might (or might be waiting for a shipment! ) have this one in stock as it didn't get any bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAKURA-PINBALL-P...QQcmdZViewItem

23. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oops, well, looks like you'll hopefully be taken care of then. I was composing while you were posting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter View Post
    Oops, well, looks like you'll hopefully be taken care of then. I was composing while you were posting.
    No, no.. I very much appreciate the post. If this next shipment doesn't work out, that'll be three strikes and I'll find out if CF exports has this one available and I'll ask iMatrix for my money back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am pleasantly surprised! Less than an hour later and David of iMatrix has written back and agreed to ship a new machine on Monday.
    I 'd too soon. It took them an extra week to ship, but it arrived, it works, I'm satisfied!

The one good thing about the bad luck I've had with my Sakura is that it lead me here to pachitalk--which has lead me to my 5th pachinko, which my wife isn't thrilled with. As long as she lets me (and most of my pachinkos) keep living here, it's a net gain!

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Trey314159