Thread: CRF Milky Way Railroad Story

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default CRF Milky Way Railroad Story

The posts from "pandaweaver" has reminded me to get off my butt and say a few words about my machine now that I've had a chance to play with it for a while. To quickly sum things up: It's Great! It's Japanese (No English) It's very dynamic, and has another great case and cell light show. It's Sankyo at their very best.

Going in, I knew nothing about the Yamato and Railways anime television series, both of which are enjoying tremendous success in Japan. The bottom line is that it doesn't matter as the game stands on it's own and I'm learning as I'm going along.

This Pachinko game series are one of the most played Pachinko games in Japan over the last number of years. It's popularity has been exceeded only by the Neon Evangelion Pachinko series, another game based upon a very sucessful anime show and movie. Years after being released, you can still find a large number of these machines active in the parlors. Most games only make a brief blip and then disappear very quickly. Star Wars in Japan, was one of these, not even rating an honorable mention.

Both of these latest games from Sankyo, Railroad Story and Evangelion 2nd Impact, were released together, share the latest gaming innovations, and have a lot of tricks and subtleties making them very enjoyable to play. Three models were released; the VF-T (1/399.6), the SF-T (1/387.8), and mine with the pretty blue galaxy, the MF-TV (1/315.5 probability).

The Galaxy Railways, as it's refered to here, is the third and latest one in the series, namely; Large Yamoto (2002), Large Yamoto 2 (2004 also known here as the Star Blazers series, and followed of course by this; the Milky Way Railroad Story (2005), produced in conjunction with the picture industry 50th anniversary commemoration of noted anime'ist, Matsumoto. He seems to be Japan's answere to George Lucas.

As a player, you have joined the SDF (Space Defence Force) guard to protect the galaxy in space ships that look like railroad locomotives on steroids. It's no easy task as there are numerous incidents threatening the Milky Way railroad. It's in keeping with every boys dream to play with trains and the large particle gun cannons. To keep things moving along, there are numerous and varied reaches, and reach notices. There are also timed missions which increases your odds of winning by a factor of 3. These occur in 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 and 9.99 (unlimited) periods. As for eye candy, there is a large, cell mounted, moving cannon which rotates over the LCD display as well as three sets of guns which also rotate during game play. Watch out for the blue or red comets!

Being used to the Big Bonus Fever song from my Large Yamato 2 game which sounds very much like a Russian male choir singing a very moving Top-Gun-like motivating anthem, this Fever song sounded too gentle and tame. However I've grown to like it very much with the assistance of the frequent Fevers I've had to play through.

This game may not have the high profile nor recognition here that Star Wars has, but if you can enjoy this Japanese game on it's own terms, The Milky Way Railroad Story, Galaxy Railways is much more playable than Star Wars ever was.

Do you have the power and destiny to protect the galaxy young Padawan?

Be sure to have a look at the "Capture Point" and "Notice" links at the Pachinko Museum site to get an idea of how varied the game play really is.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Some Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObStXINh3Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNOS...related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSPUK...related&search=

Some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CRF Milky Way Railroad Story

Your gonna put all this in the museum also, right?
    The machine is in there, just waiting for your input. You will be the first on this model.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nicely done and looks great!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Done. Posted in the museum but need a moderator to repair a broken [IMG] [/IMG] link.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan
    ...need a moderator to repair a broken link.
    Done.

And thanks. Nice job!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Dishpan!
    It's reviews and links like this that make our museum database the number one place to research for machines.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great Stuff !!! Keep em coming