Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FedEx did it to me after all - Super Blackjack Rio - Damage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FedEx did it to me after all - Super Blackjack Rio - Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    yeah, like if you visited again you'd be on the SBJ...

he'd be videoing you on the Spinluck again..

You know me too well Sid.
    Proud owner of a TOMCAT AND a SPIN LUCK!!!!!.....And now, a Thunderbirds Pachinko!!! THANK YOU Pachitalk family!!!! I have been drawn over to the DARK SIDE!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Top Gun came from Gaku. There was no damage to the box. All corners top and bottom were in good shape. I opened it up and you would not believe it! The box/machine had to be dropped exactly on a corner! The machine was no longer a rectangle but a diamond shape. All the corners were broke free and the only thing holding it together was some of the nails bent but still holding in the wood. All the boards on the door and inside were loose and hanging. Like TJ's the reel cage was bent. The hinges are all part of one long metal bracket that runs the length of the machine. It was so bent up the door could not even move. I had to unscrew the whole door from the machine. For most other people this would have had to go back! I fixed it. Re glued, nailed and clamped it to be square again. Better than when it was new. Took the hinge off door and re bent it back to its proper shape. Reassembled all the boards. Took the reel cage all apart and bent each part and the shelf it sat on back the way it was supposed to be. When I was done the only thing that showed it was damaged was one small puncture in a reel strip. That you have to look for. I was lucky that it was on a cherry symbol and I flattened it out and put some paint behind the pin hole. As cherry's don't come up much you probably wouldn't see it. The shipping goons tried real hard but they failed!!! This machine will have a long life no thanks to them!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, remarkable, Laz! Amazing what the gorillos can do and not be obvious!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

With so many damage claims, it's a wonder any vendor stays in business (retail). Not all have a lot of 'parts' machines to scavenge.

I know everyone doesn't have the ability, but this is why I pick mine up, rarely ship. One of the benefits of being a trucker, I go everywhere! There's a Race Queen waitin' for me in Tx, and a Star Wars in Al.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes! Sometime you just have to watch them unload a machine. I was waiting for a machine to come once and did not hear them back into the driveway. I looked out the window just in time to see the driver drop the box from the back of the delivery van! That drop had to be a good 3 1/2 feet. It landed flat on its bottom without going over. By the time I got to the door he had jumped off the back of the van and moved the box off to the side a little and was getting in the van. I yelled for him to stop but he just looked back at me as he slammed the door and took off! They got a call but I could tell I was just being told stuff to get me off the phone.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maurice wth FedEx is the usual driver when machines are delivereed to my house. He is very careful with them, brings them into the house for me. Mike,who delivered the SBJ was too.

The box had to have been dropped somewhere, probably in a terminal. But Laz's experience with them is unreal!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2