Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whoa!!! Motorcycle accident on camera

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Whoa!!! Motorcycle accident on camera

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    If you review the video, his front wheels are turned to the right, iyou should turn in the opposite direction of your skid. not turn into it.
    That was brought up in the postings over there. The guy in the cage wasn't a good driver... obviously. We don't even know if he had a license to drive in the US. Who knows what he was doing or thinking? I think in time we will find out, though by following along over there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was fortunate for her that she had it on cam. I rode a little in me youth. And thought on many occasions that it would be great to take back up. But everytime the urges comes up, I get another patient from a motorcycle accident. And strangely, after talking to them, the reason for the accident is almost always their fault. (I know that is not how it really works, but for the ones I see it is).

And then I always flash back to the first two people I saw die. I was about 12 years old. Two people on a motorcyle blew through a stop sign and T-Boned a truck. The driver broke his neck and died there. The passenger died at the hospital.........................The urge goes away......... But I sure do like the BMW 1200 series.....
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love to ride and there are dangers in many things we do, but I would not ride if I lived in a populated area, but that is just my thing.

Anyhow, here is another good reading post from Dawn (not Dattia) over there:

Bike is pretty beat up - but whatever happens, I'm gonna try to fix him. All the fairings are broken. He smacked on both sides, both mirrors tore off, brake lever tore off...everything else scraped up. The biggest thing is the front impact bent his forks in, he's doing that thing where his front end is shoved into his body.

Basically, it's most likely a total for the insurance, but not for me. He's totally repairable and I'm going that route...I don't want anyone trashing him.

He kept me plenty safe! He has over 50k miles on him now and he's been winning plenty in that time!! I have plenty of footage of all the other crazy drivers I've encountered who have tried to kill me but was unsuccessful due to Sheol's evasive manuevers. Like I said yesterday - in my 5 years and well over 200,000 miles on bikes - this is the second time a car actually got me. The scoreboard is like:

Sheol: 100 Cager: 1
    Sevruc: 50 Cager: 1
    Toro: 100 Cager: 0
    Khephri: 500 Cager: 0

Gotta give him credit for all the times he saved my butt plenty well...and not just the one time I miscalculated the enormous stupidity of 1 cager on him.

Actually, I miscalculated on three major points.
    1. I didn't know his car was going to keep turning in my direction...just another split second, and I could have squeezed by. But he was still in motion and towards the end, he was coming at me...and I didn't calculate that well.
    2. I thought the car on my right would move a lot sooner and a lot more than she did. I seriously think she had no clue until the very end that she was ever in danger. But because she didn't move...I ran out of room as well.

3. I thought too much. I was thinking - "OK - we have trouble - watch and see where he's going to go and then react accordingly." Next time, I will think - but I will get the hell out of there FIRST. There was only 2 seconds from the moment he starts braking to impact. So you can imagine the first second was wasted in inaction due to thoughts of "wtf is that idiot doing?!" then "what a friggen idiot!!" then "ok, watch it, watch it...oh Sheit ". I only had 2 seconds to react and I wasted most of that in inaction because my first reaction was to think he was an idiot and my second was thinking that I should watch to see what he does and then react accordingly. Well...as you can see....that plan didn't work out that well.

I think everone should watch the vid and imagine if that was you - what would you do? Remember, you have limited resources...and less than 2 seconds until impact. I put up my vid on here so you all can see my mistake and learn from it, hopefully saving others from making the same mistake as myself. I see that a lot of people are now thinking that my camcorder setup is a great idea...and I'm glad of that. It's a serious commitment though and I'll be happy to help anyone with questions on my setup as well as the entire picture of the commitment they will have to take on in order to make it work. There have been challenges to getting the setup to work just right and I'll share those as well so that others don't have to go through it themselves.<!--Begin Template: viewthread_post_sig -->

<HR color=#cbcfd2>Dawn
    Smooth Curves Racing

Evil Prevails When Good Fails to Act.
    Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity.
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. " - Andre Gide <!-- End Template: viewthread_post_sig -->

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had 2 minor accidents,

On one My bike wound up in a ditch full of water and I landed on someone front lawn.
    The second one was when a rubber oil plug popped out and dumped oil all over my rear tire, on a turn the bike when one way and I went the other.

I just had a few scratches both times
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We are all happy that they were minor accidents lucky. I guess that is why they call you lucky..........

I think it is pretty cool how she refers to the bike as "HE".
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its Interesting watching no matter if its real or not...

Scary Stuff...
    lets us all know how fragile we really are..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Methinks the driver of the car on the left who locked his brakes and caused it all is/was just an idiot driver. Lots of them around.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Fever Hunter the-pachinko-master!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think its staged. Blind spot in the car most likely. I sold my Goldwing last summer to have the down payment for the house I bought and after seeing that I don't really miss it. It is a dangerious sport,make no mistake.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had my right turn signal on coming up to the corner today, Some bozo on a motorcycle passed me in the bicycle lane on the right.

He's lucky I saw him coming up in my rear view mirror
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's not staged, IMHO - just a bad driver. I'm with the suggestion that he looked up, saw the car in front rushing up fast and panicked. I deal with insurance fraud investigation and you do get the same old scenarios time and time again - this certainly doesn't look like it's was done for the purpose of making any bucks. You'd chose to do something different if you were going to do that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ride a sport bike daily ( have not driven my car in well over three years) .If you are going to ride anywhere nowadays, No matter your ability. You MUST ride like you are invissable! BECAUSE YOU ARE ! The roads and canyons in southern California are some of the best in the world, but that doesn't make them any safer.... The "Swoop and Smash" insurance fraud jobs are very common here, but after seeing the clip numerous times,I don't think this was an example of that.
    Thank God She's OK !
    Ride Safe every one!
    Thomas P.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update .... Dana was interviewed on the local evening news last Friday here,discussing the accident. Get this... the Jack%@s that hit her is going to fight her in court.
    Pretty "Cut and Dry" to me.
    Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a Video captured by a local traffic camera, (in Greece)
    the lady in the Green Car ran a red light..
    The motorcycle rider is not wearing a helmet.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...ailed_by_a_Car

I wont translate what the guy is saying but i am sure you get the idea

all i can say is WOW!! when luck is on your side it really is on your side..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think that one needs translation. Ouch!
    Star Wars, Spin Luck#749. Jet Set Radio, Space Shuttle Pinball & Monolopy quiz machine

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that's an adrenaline rush! The guy was just pumped and had no way to burn it off, and the other party was left stunned. It's amazing how a little bump can kill someone yet some can walk away from a major event.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that is one lucky dude!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I was him I certainly wouldn't be saying thank you very much for hitting me and destroying my bike. All things considered, I think he was relatively calm about the whole thing. Amazing that he flipped completely and pratically landed on his feet though.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a good idea what was coming and it still made me jump. Lucky guy!
    Dawn

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was waiting for the rider to come back in the shot as i felt sure there was a fight brewing there the guy was just that pumped
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2