Thread: Popeye Odds

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Popeye Odds

I have been playing my popeye pachinko for days now and have put several thousand balls through the machine with no big payouts yet. Does turning the machine off reset the odds of winning?

I would be broke if I was in Japan!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Popeye Odds

If all the machines in Japan were loose, all the palours would be out of business.

Keep playing and you will hit it
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So. Turning the machine off will have nothing to do with reseting the machine? I figured that every time I turn the machine off, the counter or computer resets... that is why I am not hitting any big payouts. Guess I just need to keep playing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

turning it off doesn't matter, i leave all mine off when not playing and still hit a lot of bonus rounds
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My supplier explained it to me that every ball has the same chance depending on the machine odds (as printed on the play face) popeye has a 1 in 300 ish Starwars is 1 in 496.5. You can see why the starwars got chucked out of the parlours so quickly, it doesn't payout so often. He explained it being like a clock face with 300 seconds and if the second hand is on the win second you get the win, so often it will miss but it makes sense that you can go ages then another time you can get a run of hits.

Dunno if he was right but he seems to know his stuff!!
    Nik,

Thunderbirds,Dragon Monkey,Pink Panther,Bruce Lee,Lets Go Circuit,Moujyou(Lion),Pretty Band,Fever Battle,New Sea Story,Bee Bop,Franky Dog,Magical Lamp,Robocop,Popeye,Fever Queen,Magic Party.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Just PAchinkos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In general, those machines with the more difficult odds payout more in either the bonus or in the better odds period after the bonus than those with lesser odds. Therefore, my thought is that Star Wars might payout the same over 100,000 balls but do it less often with larger amounts.

As far as each ball having the same chance based on the odds, I do believe that is correct.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Popeye goes through cycles with the fever rounds. Can't tell you the number of hours i've played, but can say the more I've played the more new things I've seen. It's a lot of fun waiting to see what will happen next. Pay close attention to little changes in the video. The videos will give you clues as to when a fever round might be approaching. For example, I've seen a Popeye face in the clouds one time and a fever round came soon after. Also, when first going into the night the lighthouse light beamed and a fever round came soon after. There are countless others, but the fun is finding them. Once you get through your current drought, I think you'll be delighted with the number of fever rounds you begin to hit. Hope you have as much fun with it as I do.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to 2unes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Someone, please correct me on this:

Parlor owners have a choice when they buy a machine. In Star Wars, almost everyone bought

http://www.p-world.co.jp/_machine/ki...u=p3608&type=1

You can see the histogram lower left that shows the percentage of parlors with the machine over the last 12 months; it was much higher than 46% at its introduction arount 15 months ago. Now only 2.2% of parlors (238) have the machine; by far the most popular of the three models.

Clicking on the links far lower left for the ST and RN1 models shows that almost no one ever had these; note in particular the RN1 with the obviously different cel graphics...surely the rarest of the rare Star Wars Pachinko.

Examining the odds of the three models, clearly the parlor strategy was buying the less frequent fever ZF model (realizing the very high initial popularity of this, the first machine in Sankyo's new frame, not to mention its theme).

I believe that the law change permitting the different odds structures had just taken effect, and the long odds on the ZF were an experiment.

Contrast the brand new Julie pinball cel from Sankyo:

http://www.p-world.co.jp/_machine/ki...u=p4103&type=1

The three models have 1/315.1, 1/387.8 and 1/399.6 initial fever rates; a set of odds much closer to the dominant range in 2002-2004 typically between 1/315 and 1/349. This seems to be where the players are most comfortable.

Note that the total ball average, as observed in the thread, has to do with the entire odds set (and the pin adjustment near the pockets); but interestingly this does not seem to overcome the basic observation made here that a fever is what you want and if you don't get it you want to walk away.

I imagine these are minimum average odds on the models to correspond with the laws; that parlor computers may increase the frequency of fever events at times, and I leave it to the more knowledgable here to correct these ideas. You know who you are!

P.S. Check the odds of the most popular Pachinko by far at the moment:
    http://www.p-world.co.jp/_machine/kisyu.cgi?kisyu=p3640 (a machine that bears the legendary M56 type designation...but NOT the exact odds...shared by the majority of the New Sea Story machines ubiquitous to us Pachiholics around the world) and you'll see that the Star Wars ZF was destined to be a collectible a bit before its time. The public has spoken.
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]