Thread: Vehicle shipping

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vehicle shipping

I need a work truck shipped from chicago, IL to las vegas, NV .
    I wondered if anyone here can recommend a trucking company that can truck it.
    It is a 25 foot step van (former snap-on tool truck), and probably would need a low bed semi truck trailer.
    I would drive it but i thing it wouldn't make the mountain grades.
    thx for the help if any,

I am in a delema. I bought the truck and now I gotta get it home!

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vehicle shipping

have you tride a pm to compirate he stuck in vagas at the mo but he haules allsorts and a real friendly helpful guy if he cant haule it im sure he know someone who could

On the other note an ex snapon truck is usualy a good buy well looked after and good strong work horse
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thx dr. , that is the reason i posted here, I thought someone might know, after seeing compirate is a trucker.
    I can even pay with pachislot machines if he likes

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324
    have you tride a pm to compirate he stuck in vagas at the mo but he haules allsorts and a real friendly helpful guy if he cant haule it im sure he know someone who could

On the other note an ex snapon truck is usualy a good buy well looked after and good strong work horse
    I wish I could help, no truck right now, sleeping in a cold (40's) trailer! Have a dry van, don't know what the rates for lowboy shipping are. Is it just old or underpowered to take the hills? There are a couple of tough ones as you get close to here. Maybe you could get it closer to LV and have someone take it over the big ones for you.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey.. cool.. Pachi's as legal tender.... Works for me.

"yes that dental work is gonna cost you 1 spinluck and 2 king camels..."

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate
    I wish I could help, no truck right now, sleeping in a cold (40's) trailer! Have a dry van, don't know what the rates for lowboy shipping are. Is it just old or underpowered to take the hills? There are a couple of tough ones as you get close to here. Maybe you could get it closer to LV and have someone take it over the big ones for you.
    how about hook a tow bar or dolly hooked up to your tractor and drag it here.
    first offer; 1 super blackjack(white), and a tekken + $200 cash (or 5000 tokens).It is just underpowered and big,1986 350 chevy
    Last edited by poolenglish; 03-10-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate
    am i right in thinking you are sleeping in the trailer itself ie they took the tracktor unit and left you with just your payload ?

wished i could help some way buddy if you were over here id come get you so you at least got warm diggs and give you alift back when they done the truck its not funny man i had a turbo unit blow 3 days from home up in scotland

It wasent the heat from the ealiyer fire that caused the manifolod weaken was it could you then claim digs from the insurance ?
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know just how big these hills or grades are but if the truck is empty and you are pulling only your own weight I don't see why you would not be able to do it. Is this thing in that bad a shape? A 350 is not that bad, even with such a size truck. A low boy is probably the only flat bed truck that would be feasible to haul it. Low boys that would haul across country I would think are probably few. They usually haul short trips in state moving heavy machinery. If you would be lucky to find an over the road low boy you may have to wait till the right circumstances to be in a position to haul it. Then think of the cost! Fuel!!! Then the charge to do it. Big bucks! Is this thing worth it? You would almost have had to get this thing for nothing. Then you think it wont make the grades so engine work after you get it home. I say drive it home. A tank of regular is a lot cheaper with that then a diesel truck. Just take it easy on the grades. Just my 1 1/2 cents.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I traded in Ol Smokey the trailer for another one from my company. Nope just a faulty manifold, I guess. Appreciate the concern, I'd take you up on it if I was there!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Conpairate. My dad was a truck driver. He only hauled flat bed. My Uncle would sometimes do a low boy haul but only because he could get big bucks for doing a wide load job. What do you think is the chances of actually getting a low boy to haul this truck down there is?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by poolenglish
    how about hook a tow bar or dolly hooked up to your tractor and drag it here.
    first offer; 1 super blackjack(white), and a tekken + $200 cash (or 5000 tokens).It is just underpowered and big,1986 350 chevy
    You could take another vehicle along and use it to tow up the bad hills.

I agree with an earlier post, if it isn't in that bad shape, just take it easy on the grades. Stop often on the hills to let it cool, take it slow (lower gear) on the downgrades.
    Best route I can think of: take 55 to St Louis, 44 to OKC, 40 accross to CA, up 95 to LV, probably the easiest grade wise. Not sure if you can take that accross Hoover (93).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was on 93 over Hoover dam last Oct. They had a check point befor and after the dam. They would not let any truck or trailer over the dam. There is a big construction job going on there. They are building a big bridge over the dam. It will be finished in two or three years.

AL
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*