Hello everyone,

I'm new here and hoping I can get some help.

I recently purchased a 1992 Solex Pachislo machine. I found much of the wiring had been chewed on by mice and rats. I removed the mother and daughter boards, cleaned them, replaced individual wires.

Besides an LCD segment being out, the machine worked perfect. Changed the odds, it paid out correctly, no problems.

Within the past two weeks, the machine has developed a hopper issue. When the machine is supposed to pay out, you can hear the hopper rattle with coins, acting like it's going to start sending out coins...but it suddenly stops. It will buzz and rattle the coins again...then stop...then give me an HE (hopper error) and error tone.

If I open the main door and gently wiggle the wiring harness that goes to the Universal hopper (while it's supposed to be paying out), the hopper will work correctly and spit the right amount of coins out.

I've inspected and cleaned the wiring harness (cleaned with electronic contact cleaner and dried). The female connection on the hopper has been cleaned the same.

Is there anyone that has any ideas and can help?