Thread: Been a while - new aquisition

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Been a while - new aquisition

This afternoon I saw an ad on craigslist where I guy was giving away what looked like an early modern machine about an hour from my house. So I trekked down there in the old rental car and found a machine that is as close to mint as I could ever believe. Not a mark on it, all the little clips in the back in place, etc. No even dusty inside. He also gave me about 1000 balls. Really amazing luck.

It's a Nishijin "Alpha" - and it works on a dice roll theme. If a ball falls in the middle flower starts a chance round on the screen. Three dice are rolled, and as near as I can tell, if they match up, there's a large horizontal slot underneath the flower that opens (something must open it, and I haven't managed to get it to open or to get the dice to line up, even cheating). Balls that fall in this slot in this slot pay out 15-to-1 (opened it manually to see). Balls in the two side pockets pay 10-to-1. The chance flower pays 5-to-1.

01212_9SXFA3gV1py_1200x900.jpgIMG_8215.jpg

Looks from the stickers that it was used in Japan and then Guam - in Guam from 1997-98:

IMG_8218.jpgIMG_8219.jpgIMG_8220.jpg

Seems to work perfectly. But I noticed two things. First, there's this weird set of buttons and counter on the front that seem to do nothing. I wonder if they're inactive or if they're just burned out. Anyone know?:

IMG_8221.jpg

Second, someone covered the ashtray with duct tape, and it's been there a LONG time. Peeling it left this residue. Can I use Goo Gone (the orange stuff), Goof Off (the stuff in the metal can) or something like that? I don't want to damage the plastic.

IMG_8223.jpg

Thanks! And, as always, sorry for the pictures all upside down and sideways. I don't understand why that happens.
    Last edited by Rickyearl; 07-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Rickyearl