Thread: Ready to Start Restoration: 1951-53 ? Nishijin "All 20" Single Shot

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ready to Start Restoration: 1951-53 (?) Nishijin "All 20" Single Shot

Hello all, I have not posted here in quite a while, as I have had to take a break from my pachi habit due to life for a bit. I bought this machine, DSC00071.jpgDSC00073.jpgwhich I think is from 1951-53 (though I'm not sure exactly what year, any help there is appreciated), mid last year, and I'm just now getting to a point where I can find time to restore it. This will be my first major restoration, so I'm looking to do it right.

The machine itself is in really good condition, all the mechanicals are in working order, DSC00074.jpgwith the one caveat of some heat damage to the jackpot overflow window: DSC00091.jpg I'm looking for advice on how to restore it. I was thinking that I might be able to boil heat it, and form it back into shape by hand, and if that doesn't work, I'm looking into getting a replacement 3d printed. The machine works other than this, as I have just temporarily filled the hole that the balls would go into the overflow with some foam padding in the meantime.DSC00092.jpg

The other big restoration is to replace the layout background, since the plastic has cracked (likely due to the same heat that melted the overflow window): DSC00076.jpgDSC00078.jpg Since I'm a graphic designer by trade, and other than the cracking, the layout was in such good shape, I got out my trusty pantone book, and color matched it, and have a replacement ready to print: 1953-pachinko-background.jpg Just looking for a advice on the process, what material to print it on. How to safely remove the playfield nails and pockets, and replace them after sanding off the old one. (I seem to remember someone advising punching all your holes with an awl before nailing)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to enigmagic