Thread: Newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie

Hi, My new found addiction ...find a unique model, of each brand, of "vintage pachinko' machine, in working condition. It started when I saw one on 'Pawn stars' or some thing and remembered enjoying a Pachinko game of some sort when I was young. So, a little research, and saw that they could be affordable. They're cool to look at, like art...some...and they're interactive. Perfect addition for my 'Man cave'.
    I went to Ebay first, almost got suckered there. Realized that you're paying as much in shipping as the machine is worth, and seller's don't even know if they work. As far as I'm concerned, forget Ebay, there's enough that come across CL that are local.
    So my first machine is a operating 'Nishijin w/Sidetross. Out of all the Nishijin's, the 'Side-tross is pretty different, same color configuration as most 'Nishijin's though. $80 off CL, then the seller, which is also a collector... informs me that the lights don't work and will fix it for $10... Also the balls would cost 6 cents each...extra!? I went ahead and bought the machine cause it had the 'Sidetross" and he told me a lot about machines that the average seller would not have been able to tell me. But extra for balls?? Who does that?? My budget was tapped, no room for balls. Bummed me out that I went home with my first machine and couldn't even operate it...still can't!
    So Now my next machine, a Sanyo and/or Masamira... w/some balls!
    Lost out on a 'Masamira' w/balls, locally today...really bummed. I was communicating with the seller this morning as far as where we could meet up as soon as possible...then he sold it right in the middle of setting up a meet

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to krevis720