Thread: Repair of Top Front Ball Tray

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Repair of Top Front Ball Tray

Hello, I am new here and am happy to have found this trove of information. I obtained a New Gin machine that was made around 1975-1976. The mechanics in the back is all intact and suprisingly clean. It appears to be in working order.
    This is my first machine, I saw this little gem at my local Goodwill and snapped it up. I have fond memories of these machines when I was 9 years old my grandfather had one in his "Home Tavern".
    I need to replace the fron glass (easy enough) and of course clean it up. My one major repair is the top front tray. There is a piece of plastic busted out of it approximately 2.5" x 1.25". I do not have the piece, meaning I am going to have to fabricate this missing plastic.
    I had been searching around the forums and saw a post on a person who repaired his tray but there were not a lot of details on the process.
    Is there anyone familiar with this process or have done it? I have seem things like Plast-Aid and JB-Weld plastic putty. I was thinking of just filling the hole on a piece of cardboard to make the missing part and epoxy/bond it in.
    What techniques would be used for a repair like this? I am finding that it is hard to find someone with a replacement tray for this machine. (If anyone has one, let me know!)

Thanks for all your time. I have found a forum to spend some time at!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Hightray