I just purchased a "Dance Groove" machine from craigslist for $50. The owner said it didn't work, so I brought it home and used the keys for it and reset it. Started right up and seems to work fine... with the exception of the front fluorescent lights.

I tried these things:

1.) I removed both bulbs and checked the appearance. They both appear to be in very nice condition (no burn spots, dark spots, or clinky sounds when I lightly shook them).

2.) I checked the poles on both bulbs and they are shiny and clean looking, the connection points on the bulbs appear solid, tight, and clean... so I put them back in the unit... reset the machine and tested, no go.

3.) I checked the wire connection points, disconnected them, appeared to be clean and reconnected them... reset the machine and tested, no go.

4.) I looked for a fuse, didn't see one. If there is a fuse, it might be that... or the ballast?

The rest of the machine appears to be working fine and from what I can see it's getting power from the same main unit in the lower left in the inside back of the machine.

Anyone have any ideas about the next thing I should test? If you need photos, I will be happy to take them.

Also... the artwork across the bottom front fluorescent light cover is missing... it's not a technical question, but if anyone has a "Dance Groove" machine or photos or can scan the front cover... anything would be appreciative. I have a friend at a sign shop that might be able to reproduce something for me... but I haven't seen photos of any other machines like this one the web. Anything at all would be a help.

It was a great score!

My baby hit the jackpot while I was testing this... it right out rocks. The music on this machine is great and it looks like there are many different jackpot options to win (says 15 big bonus on front)... I wish I had a video camera to catch my baby's dance moves... total funk-o-matic.