In considering buying new balls for my Vintage Pachinko machine, the responses I got from sellers was that the new balls were identical in size & spec to the Vintage balls. So, I recently purchased about 500
( I say "about 500" b/c that is what I ordered, but the post office felt it neccessary to tear open & inspect the package, hence losing a few in their attempt to keep my town safer from people who might be using Pachinko Balls to construct Weapons of Mass Destruction. They did to thier credit, poorly re-package them along with a generic apology letter for opening my package)
new pachinko balls for my machine to replace the original 350 or so that I still had when I did my refurbish. I haven't used a caliper to measure the new ones, but the old ones are 11mm.
The problem that I am experiencing is upon scoring a jackpot, the weight of the new ball will not always register as enough for the ball to complete it's journey down the chute to trigger a payoff. This didn't seem to be a problem before I switched the balls, the payoff was very consistent after scoring a jackpot.
Am I wrong to think there is a weight differential in the new balls, or is it possible to adjust the payoff arm to be more sensitive?
Maybe something got out of calibration when I mounted my cabinet to the wall and then painted it to match the wall color (also the same time I switched the balls out). Or maybe some of the linkage needs to be re-lubed?
In any event, any help/thoughts on my problem are greatly appreciated.